hibs.net Messageboard

Page 173 of 430 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 12885
    I’m no seat installation expert but they don’t seem to be making huge amount of progress putting in the seats.

It looks a shambles and way off being finished any time soon.

The weather seems to be taking a turn for the worse too so will only slow things down.

What a dreadful project this whole shambles has been.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    There’s chat on JKB about how the first 10 rows or so of the new concrete is soaking wet in some pics.

Apparently the roof doesn’t come out far enough to protect them from the rain.

I hope this is true.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There’s chat on JKB about how the first 10 rows or so of the new concrete is soaking wet in some pics.

I hope this is true.

You're a wicked man.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So full of themselves (and guff).

1886: The club secured the tenancy of part of a vast meadow that Edinburgh Corporation was letting for housing and industry. £200 was spent to lay out Tynecastle Park which remains one of the oldest grounds in Britain and one of its greatest sporting venues.

1913: Due to public demand, the club decided to build a new, much more commodious Main Stand, costing £5-6,000. Britain's most noted stadium architect, Archibald Leitch, was commissioned to design the stand that was to incorporate all modern conveniences.

No mention that they stiffed Leitch - only after the plans had been submitted o course.
    From same place:

1914: The new Main Stand was partially opened on 15 August when Hearts beat Celtic 2-0 in the League before 18,000 spectators. The club instructed a tablet to be placed on the outside wall giving details of the Directors involved in the construction project.

1914: When the Stand was completed in October, it was the most advanced in Scotland, but a number of items had been omitted from the original estimate and the club's commitment began to rise just as gates began to fall due to the outbreak of the Great War.

1924: A survey revealed that if every spectator was allowed a space of 14 inches by 24 inches, the capacity of Tynecastle was 50,068. If it was 14 x 22 inches then the capacity was 60,018.

Lolz at the history repeating itself.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Well put. Sums up Banderson and the EEN very nicely.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Same Banderson that said Hearts fans should enjoy Tziolis while he's at the club as he won't be there long. Well he got the last bit right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this is true.
    Is that not common for most stands though, I certainly wouldn’t want to be in front rows of the east during a down pour.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

I hope this is true.
    Don't see the problem myself, having invented the "chip" the worlds most innovative football club will probably just invent some sort of personalised protective waterproof canopy that can be held above the head. Each of their fans will be offered the unique opportunity to own one.

The canopy will be capable of folding down when it is not raining and being stored in the upright position so as to avoid contact with the person you are wedged up against. It could be used as a walking aid and a range of attractive matching gloves may also be an option - especially with Xmas approaching.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I wonder if those in the bottom rows will get a free cagoule with their season ticket?

Having sat in the Wheatfield front few rows - you can get wet as the roof doesn't actually cover the front few rows very well.

Even recently I know someone who was on the opposition bench when Hearts moved their dugouts to the Wheatfield and they were soaked.

Today's rain wasn't even that bad and the front rows are clearly soaked - add in some wind and we can't even see the tin rows so hospitality could be soaked too!!

The one thing is our stadium roof does cover the front of the stands by quite a bit - saw this on stadium tour recently and never seen anyone at a game be soaked at front row.

The wonderful truss they have really isn't that effective but that doesn't surprise me.

Many of their photos of the inside of the stand have puddles in them too..slightly worrying..

Left by mutual consent!

Well put. Sums up Banderson and the EEN very nicely.

The 'expert' view from allisbarry in May 2013...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...nent-1-2915495

Cut to June 2013...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22953448

I think we’re owe the new Hearts stand a round of applause for the hours of fun this somewhat troubled and shambolic structure has served up for us. The asbo stand set the bar for Yam competence but they appear to have surpassed themselves here.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Having sat in the Wheatfield front few rows - you can get wet as the roof doesn't actually cover the front few rows very well.

Even recently I know someone who was on the opposition bench when Hearts moved their dugouts to the Wheatfield and they were soaked.

Today's rain wasn't even that bad and the front rows are clearly soaked - add in some wind and we can't even see the tin rows so hospitality could be soaked too!!

The one thing is our stadium roof does cover the front of the stands by quite a bit - saw this on stadium tour recently and never seen anyone at a game be soaked at front row.

The wonderful truss they have really isn't that effective but that doesn't surprise me.

Many of their photos of the inside of the stand have puddles in them too..slightly worrying..

Worrying? I'm not worried. I'm enjoying my gloat.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    The 'expert' view from allisbarry in May 2013...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...nent-1-2915495

Cut to June 2013...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22953448

Spare a thought for poor old 'All-is' - in the coming months/years he's gonna have his work cut out explaining why 2 clubs playing at the neutral PBS in cup semis can't get 10,000 tickets each, law-suits from fans hurt in slipping/sliding, fights from lack-of-space/over-crowding, damage caused by rain/natural elements, losses due to demand for views of Edinburgh Castle outweighing demand for chips etc, etc ................

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Is that not common for most stands though, I certainly wouldn’t want to be in front rows of the east during a down pour.
    Pretty well true .... with stand roofs being so high these days any sort of wind and you are likely to get wet in the front rows. I recall being in the east for one match where into the game it started pissing down and the wind really got up, luckily it wasn't a huge crowd so most folk in the front rows were able to seek shelter higher up

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Worrying? I'm not worried. I'm enjoying my gloat.
    Yes enjoying every minute of the pompous Hertz making fools of themselves. When do you think the announcement is coming? After the Gers game? Or are they trying to fix a deal with SPL/SRU?
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 12-10-2017 at 09:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Many of their photos of the inside of the stand have puddles in them too...
    Result of Hibby contractors' reacting to Drs Budge's latest completion date announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Spare a thought for poor old 'All-is' - in the coming months/years he's gonna have his work cut out explaining why 2 clubs playing at the neutral PBS in cup semis can't get 10,000 tickets each
    Simple, in the run up to the game he'll run a series of articles peppered with words meaning "big", the EEN office thesaurus is well thumbed on that page.

Synonyms for big
    adj large, great
    colossal considerable enormous fat full gigantic hefty huge immense massive sizable substantial tremendous vast a whale of a ample awash brimming bulky bull burly capacious chock-full commodious copious crowded extensive heavy-duty heavyweight hulking hu*****us husky jumbo mammoth mondo monster oversize packed ponderous prodigious roomy spacious strapping stuffed super colossal thundering voluminous walloping whopper whopping

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Many of their photos of the inside of the stand have puddles in them too..slightly worrying..[/QUOTE]
    Thats just Gary Locke been for a site visit.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy C View Post
    Thats just Gary Locke been for a site visit.[/QUOTE]

I was coming out of the toilets at Midstock and he was waiting to go in.

Passed by about an hour later and he was in the queue again.

Make of that what you will.

24 days to go, it really is Tincastle

From the Main Stand FB page. Should be 180 seats.
    My seat's in. Excellent.

Without sounding totally stupid would it it have been easier to work top to bottom?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Without sounding totally stupid would it it have been easier to work top to bottom?
    I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    They're only doing it for the photo opportunity. No danger that stand will be safe to use anytime soon. They might be using it but it won't be safe.

Saw these pictures on the EEN site and can't believe they're not asking more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They're only doing it for the photo opportunity. No danger that stand will be safe to use anytime soon. They might be using it but it won't be safe.

Saw these pictures on the EEN site and can't believe they're not asking more questions.
    They just don't challenge whoever currently owns them. They're told how it's going to be, instantly buy into the dream and are then bewildered when they're left with the consequences.

Vlad knew how we to play them and the euphoria over the overpriced, overdue and underwhelming single tiered one stand that they are all overpaying for should tell whoever comes along next that they're still ripe for plucking.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Spare a thought for poor old 'All-is' - in the coming months/years he's gonna have his work cut out explaining why 2 clubs playing at the neutral PBS in cup semis can't get 10,000 tickets each, law-suits from fans hurt in slipping/sliding, fights from lack-of-space/over-crowding, damage caused by rain/natural elements, losses due to demand for views of Edinburgh Castle outweighing demand for chips etc, etc ................
    Another of my favourites was when Hearts won the Championship he breezily tweeted something along the lines that 'administration aside, it's been one of Hearts' most successful trophy-winning eras'.

They just don't challenge whoever currently owns them. They're told how it's going to be, instantly buy into the dream and are then bewildered when they're left with the consequences.

Vlad knew how we to play them and the euphoria over the overpriced, overdue and underwhelming single tiered one stand that they are all overpaying for should tell whoever comes along next that they're still ripe for plucking.

I spent last week in the company of a number of their supporters who are supposedly intelligent professionals (some retired). Once you got past the usual banter it's amazing how many of them really swallow the bull****. Admittedly, some of them know it's out of their hands and they've just got to grin and bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I spent last week in the company of a number of their supporters who are supposedly intelligent professionals (some retired). Once you got past the usual banter it's amazing how many of them really swallow the bull****. Admittedly, some of them know it's out of their hands and they've just got to grin and bear it.
    I worked with one who is a personable and astute guy with a financial services background.

Kept telling him about Vlads business methods, he'd good evidence of the yams non payment approach to life but he couldn't see past agent romanov. He had the good grace to admit he was blinded by the promises when it all went pear shaped.

I emailed him light heartedly about the new fan ownership dream and the new Gorgie Maracana. Not bought into the former and says "we had to do something" on the latter. Praise indeed.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I wonder if those in the bottom rows will get a free cagoule with their season ticket?

Almost ready

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Yup. Had to move up from the front of the South stand during Partick game as was getting drenched

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Almost ready

4 weeks to go.

Just a couple of minor details to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    4 weeks to go.

Just a couple of minor details to finish.

Chip pans and a new plastic owl, artificial trees for the grand plaza. Job done.

Sir Matt Busby