hibs.net Messageboard

Page 327 of 430 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,810 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The thread on Kickback is priceless, almost as good as their one when we won the cup.

On the point about the directors area I can’t see how that’s a quick fix?

Thye claim that every stand in the country is the same. Pretty sure ours has separate exits for officials and media and that there are barriers cordoning off that part of the stand.

I wonder what treats reads they’ll serve up at Christmas? Match postponed or abandoned leading to a points deduction or a win awarded to their opponents?

Keep em coming Hearts

2. Log in to remove the advert

Peter and Roughie about to get tucked in to Certificategate...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thread on Kickback is priceless, almost as good as their one when we won the cup.

On the point about the directors area I can’t see how that’s a quick fix?

Thye claim that every stand in the country is the same. Pretty sure ours has separate exits for officials and media and that there are barriers cordoning off that part of the stand.

I wonder what treats reads they’ll serve up at Christmas? Match postponed or abandoned leading to a points deduction or a win awarded to their opponents?

Keep em coming Hearts
    Anyone got a photo of the Directors box, would like to see what the problem is

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    won't be for a while. Those fryers use a lot of electricity.

It's chips or floodlights - you can't have both at the same time.
    "ann!!! Ask craig if awright tae turn the floodlights oaf. Milligan's efter mair chunky yins."

Matches to be categorised as higher risk meaning more police and stewards.

That’s got to mean more expensive too. Ouch.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The problem is that it isn't a box, it's a few rows of seats separated from the plebs by stair and walkway, and a shared vomitorium for when the booing gets to Queenie

This is a thread that always keeps on giving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seats with the white bits is the press area. The directors sit in the main section behind that. I think the problem was that fans in the sections to either side were held back to let the directors out. The other thing being that Levein would have had to sit there when sent to the stand. Imagine Lennon sitting there!!

Feel a bit dirty posting this...696065BE-D184-4A63-B733-FAFC6D3F076D.jpg

The seats with the white bits is the press area. The directors sit in the main section behind that. I think the problem was that fans in the sections to either side were held back to let the directors out. The other thing being that Levein would have had to sit there when sent to the stand. Imagine Lennon sitting there!!

Thanks. Can see it now. Ann is really exposed in there, if the team aren’t doing well!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

The problem is that the directors don't have a dedicated access (vomitorium) to their seats. The only solution I can see is to stick them right up at the back so they can go directly to the doors that lead (via stairs) to the schoolview suite.

Our directors have their own access - you can see the 'extra' vomitorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The problem is that the directors don't have a dedicated access (vomitorium) to their seats. The only solution I can see is to stick them right up at the back so they can go directly to the doors that lead (via stairs) to the schoolview suite.

Surely they must known this in the planning stages?

Did they have plans??

Ha. aye good yin. The planning stage was consumed by fitting as many seats in as inhumanly possible. An extra exit would cut that even more. Ordinary things like safety and convenience never occurred to them. The hornies are totally correct in pointing out that aspect. A visiting clubs officials and non-playing staff have to sit in there cheek by jowl with a crowd that often bay for blood at the slightest hint, or imagined hint, of grievance against their cheaty little team. Our manager has already been physically assaulted in that ground - how any Hearts fan can ignore the issue is beyond me. Saying that it's their own staff and officials that'll be bearing the brunt o any abuse for a good while yet. Ann will be cursing missing out on her own, dedicated vomitorium.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The drawings submitted are nothing like what's been built so amendments would have been submitted at a late stage. They seemed to be making it up as they went along - Budge-up herself admitted during the work that they didn't know exactly how many seats they'd be able to install.

The Clydesdale fellie wants shot. It's incredible the number of design errors he's made in what is a fairly simple building (it's not as if there aren't enough examples to copy).
    Last edited by Peevemor; 07-12-2017 at 09:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Partick Thistle were quickly silenced when they complained All be it they waited till after the game

Hearts. Hibs at Murray field Cannae see the The Police being happy about that in the New Year Would certainly attract Big Hibs Support

We have been through this before. There were two statements from Partick thistle. First on the Saturday morning the second on Sunday morning. Both raised the issue of lack of information and SPFL decision.

They did not wait until after the match.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The funny thing is that the rest of the cardigan wearing rover enthusiasts have to wait in their seats until the Budge has left the building.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Ha. aye good yin. The planning stage was consumed by fitting as many seats in as inhumanly possible. An extra exit would cut that even more. Ordinary things like safety and convenience never occurred to them. The hornies are totally correct in pointing out that aspect. A visiting clubs officials and non-playing staff have to sit in there cheek by jowl with a crowd that often bay for blood at the slightest hint, or imagined hint, of grievance against their cheaty little team. Our manager has already been physically assaulted in that ground - how any Hearts fan can ignore the issue is beyond me. Saying that it's their own staff and officials that'll be bearing the brunt o any abuse for a good while yet. Ann will be cursing missing out on her own, dedicated vomitorium.
    And yet that Thomaso bloke on kickback is now breezily stating that the problem with the directors box can be easily rectified by leaving 'extra seats empty around it'.

How freakin amateurish a solution is that, not to mention the cost to the club of not being able to sell those seats? For a new purpose-built stand this thing is a bona fide shambles.

Out of interest, can the police override the council when it comes to issuing safety certificates - especially given the fact it looks like they'll have do devote extra resources to the stand on matchdays? Based on the police concerns raised, it's mind boggling that any kind of safety certificate was issued and I fail to see how the numerous concerns can be addressed before Saturday. Nothing, as far as I can see, has changed and you do wonder how close to the wind the over obliging council sail when it comes to helping Hearts get the OK to house fans in what remains primarily a building site.

Over budget, behind schedule, badly designed and unsafe. What a great legacy Budge has left the yams with this stand.
    Last edited by G B Young; 07-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? Priceless.
    Lol, brilliant!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

They had to make certain compromises to make sure Tiny Park had more seats than Easter Road.

I'm sure all the Yams agree that the wee added inconvenience is worth it.

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Recorded it and just watching it now, Didn't realise Peter Houston is working for Hearts now, Watches the players who are out on loan and writes up reports for levein

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Everybody that gets a ticket for the 27th should turn up in hard hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    We have been through this before. There were two statements from Partick thistle. First on the Saturday morning the second on Sunday morning. Both raised the issue of lack of information and SPFL decision.

They did not wait until after the match.
    Well they left it late then and it was given short shrift That was jist of of my point

Left by mutual consent!
    The drawings submitted are nothing like what's been built so amendments would have been submitted at a late stage. They seemed to be making it up as they went along - Budge-up herself admitted during the work that they didn't know exactly how many seats they'd be able to install.

The Clydesdale fellie wants shot. It's incredible the number of design errors he's made in what is a fairly simple building (it's not as if there aren't enough examples to copy).
    I've no doubt they made it up as they went along - their big, plastic-coo was getting emptied daily and depending on how much was in it, it dictated if work was continuing the following day or not !. On such a basis, amendments were inevitable as, no matter what was in the building-plans, they would be impossible/scrapped if the coo was short !

Their Directors and Visiting "dignatories" seating is a disaster waiting to happen. Only a matter of time before a visiting unstrippped player or director gets decked by a mutant.

I can see them having to rethink and move it to the area where the press seats are and moving the press all the way up to the back of the stand.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Do have my doubts about the letter, but there is a Bob ( Robert ) Park on the force.

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/Councillor...2AFQUT0G2UDXZL

Can't find any links to a John McNeil at the Council.
    There is a John McNeil at Edinburgh council, he's from Musselburgh and a big yam!

The press area looks ridiculous and clearly should have been right at the back with the directors just in front.
    They could have saved themselves a lot of bother by simply looking at how we did it

Left by mutual consent!

Well, one is a Main Stand and the other one is a product of delusional thinking.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    Well, one is a Main Stand and the other one is a product of delusional thinking.
    The lights were on and an outstanding view of the whole pitch tonight from the corporate facilities at the AGM tonight. The place looked fantastic. I notice we are now using those natural light racks that benefit the grass in the winter.

I'm sure they must have a similar view at tiny????

Unfortunately the fag packet was chucked into the recycling. The napkin went through the wash.