hibs.net Messageboard

Page 351 of 430 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,530 of 12885
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still liken it to one of those watch through the fingers bad early episodes of Grand Design where the house developer is so up their own backside and full of their own self importance that they dont feel the need to employ professional people to design and build their new tasteless house, usually with the kind of "I am an experienced high flying person in the complex and modern world of IT, how hard can it be to build a house, I will apply all of my management skills to this and save money and time..."

Basically their arrogance and hubris are the big issue here
    They usually come in massively over budget as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    They usually come in massively over budget as well.
    With the closing scene of Kevin McCloud asking the smug couple, "So, go on, how much did it cost?" provoking one of two responses a) "Nothing we can afford" b) "Not saying" which the watching audience realises they will be eating beans on toast for the foreseeable future.

Funnily enough yet to see an ending where the answer is "It's all right Kevin, we only owe it to ourselves" or "Nothing that a few bumped charities and other organisations can't handle."

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Interesting read, however I think I am probably going to wait for Ladybird to Publish Thomaso Builds a Stadium - an easy guide to defective erections. The definitive publication.

Should probably be out for Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Hibernian View Post
    With the closing scene of Kevin McCloud asking the smug couple, "So, go on, how much did it cost?" provoking one of two responses a) "Nothing we can afford" b) "Not saying" which the watching audience realises they will be eating beans on toast for the foreseeable future.

Funnily enough yet to see an ending where the answer is "It's all right Kevin, we only owe it to ourselves" or "Nothing that a few bumped charities and other organisations can't handle."

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Nor have we ever seen them say "Well a mysterious benefactor has given us the money to cover the massive overspend"

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Nor have we ever seen them say "Well a mysterious benefactor has given us the money to cover the massive overspend"
    And we've still got to reinstate the kids nursery as well but hopefully the council will assist further than they already have with that one?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Hearts' New Stand Thread (Merged)

And we've still got to reinstate the kids nursery as well but hopefully the council will assist further than they already have with that one?
    Wasn’t the nursery supposed to be operational by now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Wasn’t the nursery supposed to be operational by now?

I was wondering as well. I knew it was late like everything else but surely the council would have insisted they get that done on time?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I knew it was late like everything else but surely the council would have insisted they get that done on time?

I see the new stand tread has gone off the front page of KB. Bad news or not so good news is always quickly confined to "yesterday's news, let's move on"

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    I see the new stand tread has gone off the front page of KB. Bad news or not so good news is always quickly confined to "yesterday's news, let's move on"
    All finished,on budget, on time. Safety certificates in place and it's got the tomato seal of approval.

The good doctor is just deciding what to do with the money next instead of issuing share certificates.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    All finished,on budget, on time. Safety certificates in place and it's got the tomato seal of approval.

The good doctor is just deciding what to do with the money next instead of issuing share certificates.

The temporary occupation certificate they got for the new stand expired on 19th November 2017 and they have never applied for a new one.

They did apply and were granted another temporary occupation certificate for the work under the Wheatfield Stand but it has also expired ( 16th February 2018 )

Both buildings are occupied on a daily basis, but the officials at the Council who are meant to enforce regulations must have instructions to ignore any and all breaches of said regulations at the Budge Folly.

@hibs.net private member
    According to the Edinburgh evening news Hearts started working on their new stand on 18 November 2016. That is 461 days ago and they wonder why we laugh at them. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    ... and blood doesn't show on a rusty girder.
    I blame the yams "groundbreaking" introduction of Chips . Some amount of salt floating about

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The temporary occupation certificate they got for the new stand expired on 19th November 2017 and they have never applied for a new one.

They did apply and were granted another temporary occupation certificate for the work under the Wheatfield Stand but it has also expired ( 16th February 2018 )

Both buildings are occupied on a daily basis, but the officials at the Council who are meant to enforce regulations must have instructions to ignore any and all breaches of said regulations at the Budge Folly.
    So it's all finished and secure then

Rules just go out the window (not glass curtains) when the thieves and the council come together it seems. Or are they operating deliberately without a certificate?

Sir Matt Busby

Fire off a FOI request asking for the most up to date safety certificate

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but I still reckon they'll be lucky to get through the season without some sort of large-scale safety issue. From what I hear, the place is still a complete bomb site, and the officials both from the club and the Council are turning a blind eye to this on a daily basis.

It's an unbelievable state of affairs, and as much as I'm not a fan of those who choose to support the other side, I really, really hope that they manage to get to a point where they can make the place safe before any major incident.

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but I still reckon they'll be lucky to get through the season without some sort of large-scale safety issue. From what I hear, the place is still a complete bomb site, and the officials both from the club and the Council are turning a blind eye to this on a daily basis.

It's an unbelievable state of affairs, and as much as I'm not a fan of those who choose to support the other side, I really, really hope that they manage to get to a point where they can make the place safe before any major incident.
    So basically you're saying they've screwed over council, charities, public services, taxpayers and small businesses, *****ed millions of their own fans donations on an eyesore bombsite putting thousands of lives at risk and you hope they get away with it?

Yes you would think they would be shouting from the rooftops about their architectural triumph, a stand which dwarfs all their rivals, a stand without a blemish, which boosts capacity to Nou Camp levels. But no the yams, like Trump are humble, very humble, in fact they are probably the most humble supporters you will ever meet...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Yes you would think they would be shouting from the rooftops about their architectural triumph, a stand which dwarfs all their rivals, a stand without a blemish, which boosts capacity to Nou Camp levels. But no the yams, like Trump are humble, very humble, in fact they are probably the most humble supporters you will ever meet...
    I like the Trump like comparison. Dumb and shameless as *****. Don't realise why everyone's laughing at them.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So basically you're saying they've screwed over council, charities, public services, taxpayers and small businesses, *****ed millions of their own fans donations on an eyesore bombsite putting thousands of lives at risk and you hope they get away with it?
    No, I hope none of their fans are killed or seriously injured as a result of their complacency. Two slightly different things.

If we're playing the putting words into someone else's mouth game though, maybe you'd rather they were... That would sure teach Budge and her Council cronies a lesson, eh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hearts, Hearts, incompetent Hearts
    It's down at Tynecastle they rust
    The boys in maroon have a stand turning broon
    As both steelwork and dreams turn to dust

First Team Breakthrough
    Hearts, Hearts, incompetent Hearts
    It's down at Tynecastle they rust
    The boys in maroon have a stand turning broon
    As both steelwork and dreams turn to dust
    Great lyrics lol

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    In an ideal, planned scenario you are spot on.
    I suspect that they effed it up for 3 main basic errors .......
    1. Timescales not realistically analysed.
    2. Open ended/unfinalised brief re. Internal layouts - the chickens are now coming home to rust on that, it would appear.
    3. James Clydesdale was way, way out of his depth, hence his being binned.

(Also seat fiasco and their woeful attempts to do the PM.......)

Fixed that for you..
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Apparently the roof is leaking as well.

Are we sure that’s rust and not p1sh stains? Could that no be Fatty Foulkes seat?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Just go back to the first post on the "New stand" thread,comedy gold from Barbie Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Are we sure that’s rust and not p1sh stains? Could that no be Fatty Foulkes seat?
    He widnae fit oan that seat ya daft git. He would need a park bench......

No surprise if the council help with the rust!!
    Not sure what they can do for them here tho!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think what he's saying is that he hopes nobody gets hurt? Which I would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

without suggesting for a minute that any major incident meant injury to any of their fans, or to any other clubs' fans I am of the view that the gorgie mob have skirted with disaster and total failure at the offset of this latest venture to try and outshine their nearby neighbours .(us) they have done this in an underhand way, and had the upmost help that ECC have had in their power to enact. they have been given carte blanche to use every method of using council tax payers money to assist them (mine and yours). I wish them the worst. farcical having read some recent comments about rust too. they can buy a black auto part paint that fights rust though . they, and their consultants should of course know that bare steel , whether low/medium/high grade or whether it's bloody high tensile or titanium is likely to start rusting soon given the likely make up of moisture and other factors such as heat/cold from people in confined spaces and industrial outpourings from their neighbouring distilleries, traffic etc. cant believe the structures were not coated before delivery with at least a primer?

Left by mutual consent!
    Really, no, it wasn't complex at all
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    without suggesting for a minute that any major incident meant injury to any of their fans, or to any other clubs' fans I am of the view that the gorgie mob have skirted with disaster and total failure at the offset of this latest venture to try and outshine their nearby neighbours .(us) they have done this in an underhand way, and had the upmost help that ECC have had in their power to enact. they have been given carte blanche to use every method of using council tax payers money to assist them (mine and yours). I wish them the worst. farcical having read some recent comments about rust too. they can buy a black auto part paint that fights rust though . they, and their consultants should of course know that bare steel , whether low/medium/high grade or whether it's bloody high tensile or titanium is likely to start rusting soon given the likely make up of moisture and other factors such as heat/cold from people in confined spaces and industrial outpourings from their neighbouring distilleries, traffic etc. cant believe the structures were not coated before delivery with at least a primer?
    Ditto - asides from their 30+ years of 'Other People's Money' it's often overlooked the part ECC have played in the Jambos 'Big team' fantasy !. Whilst purposely denying a major revenue-stream (Lochend Butterfly) for Hibs, ECC have bent over backwards to accomodate a club that's basically shafted everyone (local businesse's/employess) that's had any dealings with it !. Even currently there's questions over their safety-certificate, the nursery, land being built on they don't yet own etc, etc. I know when it comes to dealings between them and the ECC that most Hibees just treat it with scorn and ridicule and Jambos like to call us 'Jealous' but personally I think it's well past time that there should be an official investigation/complaint into the undoubtable favouring of one club over another by ECC !. We have to do everything (and have done) by the book but they don't seem to be held to the same stringent standards - and that results in them (once again) benefitting financially over us !. After 30+ years I'm enjoying the 'Level Playing-Field' immensely and I don't want the ECC (the people who take money from me !) stopping that !
    Last edited by Deansy; 23-02-2018 at 12:26 AM.