hibs.net Messageboard

Page 385 of 430 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,550 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their complete awe at the greatest one tier football stand ever built will probably see it busy regardless.
    More like they've designed it like airports, can't get to departure lounge without walking through the perfume sellers. There'll be such a queue to get out a few will shrug and buy pint of warm tartan special served in a lego glass shaped like a bus. For £70 more you keep the glass.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    They’re opening a new fans bar in the main stand tomorrow after the Celtic game.

I think we tried opening up BTG after games for a while but the demand just wasn’t there?

They say it will stay open until 7pm. If you had just seen your team get pumped off Celtic would you hang around ER for a few hours in the bar?

I don’t think this will be the money spinner they’re expecting.
    That'll be the new supporters bar where the building warrant is still " pending consideration ". ie no building warrant to construct the place , never mind a completion certificate.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov...do?action=back

Still no probs at Tiny as the officials are told to look the other way.

I live fairly close to Tynecastle and whenever I pass by the new big pink tram-stop, it really does look, well, a wee bit crap (and that’s not the rivalry talking)
    I know little about the nuances of the construction industry but it always seems to be ‘a work in progress’ with portacabins, Herras fencing and the odd bloke in a hard-hat wandering around aimlessly (muttering something about ‘natural orders’...probably)
    On and off the park it all just seems to have this ‘make it up as you go along’ feel, and what with them being a ‘big team’ you’d expect a wee bit better.
    I daresay they’ll make a few bob selling pints of piss poor lager the morra purely out of curiosity but it’ll have to go a bit to compete with the amiable surroundings and bright lights of Stratfords wine and spirits emporium.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Craig Levein says paying for new stand will impact his budget for 18/19

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...dget-1-4742202

Also, have Hearts explained why their dug out area is off centre? I know ours is, but that was an unavoidable consequence of only being able to reset the pitch after we had built the main stand.

An unavoidable quirk, in other words.

Their stand just looks sh*t. Their dig out area isn’t centred on the half way line nor is it plumb centre in the stand itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Also, have Hearts explained why their dug out area is off centre? I know ours is, but that was an unavoidable consequence of only being able to reset the pitch after we had built the main stand.

Their stand just looks sh*t. Their dig out area isn’t centred on the half way line nor is it plumb centre in the stand itself.
    One year and £1.5M left to finish it. You can guarantee that those figures are lies.

That's actually more common than you might think. Stands are often built with whopping great support pillars right in the centre, so they need to have the tunnel to the side of them.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    One year and £1.5M left to finish it. You can guarantee that those figures are lies.
    As is the myth of a greatly improved revenue because of it...have they not decided to leave their hospitality where it is?

Just how will this stand deliver such huge revenue boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I wonder if Scott Wilson will read the attendance out at the next derby. He bottled it at the last 2.
    Pretty sure he announced it at 19,300 - it looked pretty full to me. Didn't see many spare seats.

So is 19,300 their capacity - thought it was about 20,000

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    As is the myth of a greatly improved revenue because of it...have they not decided to leave their hospitality where it is?

Just how will this stand deliver such huge revenue boosts?

World class conference facilities. The board room set up is second to none.

Good to see Levein buying himself more time by getting his excuses in nice and early for next season. Most of them will fall for it.

I wonder what the players he's just signed make of a statement like that. He's effectively saying "We would normally have brought in better players but you're all we can afford right now."

Their new pitch getting installed. Actually sounds like a decent surface getting installed so should make trips there a bit easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Pretty sure he announced it at 19,300 - it looked pretty full to me. Didn't see many spare seats.

So is 19,300 their capacity - thought it was about 20,000
    There were loads of empty seats in all 3 of the stands.

I just read the following from Thomaso:

The bottom line - £15m is a snip for a new stand that incorporates dressing rooms, media centre, numerous hospitality suites, a rooftop facility, Club shop, Fans bar, a nursery, large plaza..........and of course that impressive glass façade.

But wait:

Dressing Rooms - not in use yet and presumably still to be kitted out
    Media centre - so thats the desks at the front where expensive laptops get ruined when it rains - or is that the yet to be built TV studio ?
    Hospitality Suites - but they have decided not to use them any more and live with the existing ones and see if they can now hawk them out as conf facilities
    Rooftop facility - except its not on the roof and has a view of the historic tynecastle high
    Club Shop - is that in existence yet or still in wheatfield ?
    Fans Bar - give them that
    Nursery - does it exist yet ?
    Large Plaza = the benefit this brings is unclear
    Impressive Glass facade - ya beauty

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I just read the following from Thomaso:

The bottom line - £15m is a snip for a new stand that incorporates dressing rooms, media centre, numerous hospitality suites, a rooftop facility, Club shop, Fans bar, a nursery, large plaza..........and of course that impressive glass façade.

But wait:

Dressing Rooms - not in use yet and presumably still to be kitted out
    Media centre - so thats the desks at the front where expensive laptops get ruined when it rains - or is that the yet to be built TV studio ?
    Hospitality Suites - but they have decided not to use them any more and live with the existing ones and see if they can now hawk them out as conf facilities
    Rooftop facility - except its not on the roof and has a view of the historic tynecastle high
    Club Shop - is that in existence yet or still in wheatfield ?
    Fans Bar - give them that
    Nursery - does it exist yet ?
    Large Plaza = the benefit this brings is unclear
    Impressive Glass facade - ya beauty
    Tomato has been done to death in the preceding months so all I have left is to ask if he's comfortable with the £15m and rising figure. Especially as he was the go to expert on all the previous figures☺

They just move from swallowing and paying for whatever they are told, plus inflation busting interest.

It's a contractors dream.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Tomato has been done to death in the preceding months so all I have left is to ask if he's comfortable with the £15m and rising figure. Especially as he was the go to expert on all the previous figures☺

They just move from swallowing and paying for whatever they are told, plus inflation busting interest.

It's a contractors dream.

It's being run by the kind of people that get trades in on an hourly rate

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It's being run by the kind of people that get trades in on an hourly rate
    There's bound to be a hibby making money as well.

Which is pleasing.

There's the going rate, and there's the rate you can get away with charging the givers.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Have they started fixing the rust yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Rust? That's authentic Archibald Leach aging. They couldn't consider Tynie without some issue that gives the site character.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    Big teams don't do rust. They have atmospheric metal.

One day they hope to get their premium seat fans who sit near it to take advantage of the opportunity to fund it's preservation.

You and I call it painting on the hammerite

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Has anyone else seen this **** Spiers fawning over FoH on Twitter again? I swear he's ****ging auld budge.
    ****in Hun prick

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    There's bound to be a hibby making money as well.

Which is pleasing.

There's the going rate, and there's the rate you can get away with charging the givers.

There is.the good doctors brother is heavily involved in the interior fit put

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    There is.the good doctors brother is heavily involved in the interior fit put
    Indeed, and a few others.

Sir Matt Busby

#alliisbarry says FoH have paid over the final installment of the three million they're paying towards the new stand.

He pointed out that Budge has put any interest on hold while they were paying for it, meaning that she effectively paid 300k toward it in the process.

I don't think I'll ever understand his logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    #alliisbarry says FoH have paid over the final installment of the three million they're paying towards the new stand.

He pointed out that Budge has put any interest on hold while they were paying for it, meaning that she effectively paid 300k toward it in the process.

His logic states that #alliisbarry therefore no jambo has to worry their pretty, pitted little heads about it because #alliisbarry.

The price of the partially built stand keeps rising, the good doctor keeps telling them this, they respond by handing over even more share money, the money gets handed over to the contractors, and so on?

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    "Budge was speaking as Hearts confirmed the receipt of £3 million from FoH which had been redirected towards the redevelopment of Tynecastle, which will now come it at around £15 million and is set to be completed by next summer"

So, +£15m, includes £3m from the chumps and won't be finished til NEXT SUMMER!!!

Full article here - http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/05/22/hearts-owner-ann-budge-reflects-on-toughest-season-at-tynecastle-but-is-open-to-staying-at-club-beyond-2020/?platform=hootsuite

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

I think this line comes from Budge herself...sure it was in one of her ramblings at the start and was her ‘contribution’

Most interesting stat.. Yesterday Craig says about £1.5M today Anne says £2M.

Not receiving 300000 in interest is replayed as contributing 300000 which doesn't seem like the same at all. #isitjustme

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Most interesting stat.. Yesterday Craig says about £1.5M today Anne says £2M.

Not receiving 300000 in interest is replayed as contributing 300000 which doesn't seem like the same at all. #isitjustme

I see the logic.

The club hasn't been paying interest to her, therefore that money can be put towards the new stand.

I'm not sure about the arithmetic, though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I see the logic.

The club hasn't been paying interest to her, therefore that money can be put towards the new stand.

I'm not sure about the arithmetic, though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    The claim is she has put in the money. If she had they have raised 3,30000. She's facilitated more money quicker but not contributed directly...