hibs.net Messageboard

Page 367 of 430 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,010 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Budge gonna be on Sportsound shortly talking about their kids academy. Best in the land apparently.
    I agree

Where else in the country can 16 year olds not ready for the professional game get first team football?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    .....and predictably, Sportsound is at Tynecastle tonight hearing about the good work that Big Hearts are doing in the community.

While I'm sure they are doing great work, the cynic in me says that the timing is very suspect. Budge about to come on and - no doubt - state to the radio listeners how all in the garden is rosy.

Their PR is spot on......
    At least we wont see her maroon tartan number on the radio

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I'm unsure how she made so much money, she comes across as clueless. Totally clueless.

Up for an award too, I hear.

Get it sorted, Petrie!!!

As good a grilling as I’ve heard auld Anne get on Sportsound just now. Thoroughly unconvincing answers.
    Last edited by tamig; 22-03-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    As good a grilling as I’ve her auld Anne get on Sportsound just now. Thoroughly unconvincing answers.
    This is comedy gold, anyone who hasn't listened, I implore you to record or listen again 😄😄😄😂😂😂

This is comedy gold, anyone who hasn't listened, I implore you to record or listen again 😄😄😄😂😂😂
    And it’s still rolling on. Great listening!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Squirming. Love it.

Her running Scottish football! FFS, She's utterly out her depth

When I listen to her talk about football management I get the same feeling I get when I watch people attempt to sing on episode 1 of an X Factor series. Absolute cringe. I can't listen!

I actually don't think she's coming across too badly. Hope they ask her if the chimp that does her typing is working on the complete works of Shakespeare.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    I also just popped over to see if it was as bad as you suggest. Indeed it is. There's a lesson on bias in there somewhere though. We read her statement and see nothing but begging for cash and veiled admissions that the whole project is a complete cock-up. They read her statement and see an honest account of the enormity of the task they faced, a frank admission of a few mistakes they made and a heart-warming plea to continue to give the "backing" that the club deserves. Somewhere in the middle, I guess, is the truth.

I predict that the Hearts faithful will renew their season tickets and keep paying the FoH tax until they eventually do turn it all round again and are fully restored to their pre-doping position as a modestly successful, frequently awful, usually mid-table, occasionally relegated Scottish football club. Auld Reekie's cardigan-wearing Rover polishers will continue to support them with pride.

I’m sure they will continue their “backing”. They’ve got nowhere else to go.

But I also remember them ridiculing criticism of their main stand project and dismissing us as bitter and jealous. It turns out the project has been an utter disaster, still with no definitive end date or final cost.

“All is Barry” is an apt rallying cry for a support who will believe anything they are told, it seems. Over and over again.

Contrast to Hibbys who, if Petrie told them it was Thursday, would ask him to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I actually don't think she's coming across too badly
    You are joking? She comes across as a rank amateur

Is English a Yam after all? He was just saying "if we don't get to Hampden next year..."

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hopes to have the stand finished by the end of the year!!!

She said she wasn't sure if Craig Levein actually takes the players for training. Sounds like she's well on top of things I couldn't listen to anymore.

I like having a dig as much as the next person but haven't picked up on much to laugh at so my comment was based on that. I must be having an off night.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Is English a Yam after all? He was just saying "if we don't get to Hampden next year..."
    Think he was just paraphrasing her. It was certainly a horrible interview.

I think they have sussed her out now, gave her a lot of rope.

As someone above said - she said they were hoping the stand is finished this calendar year !!!!

I like having a dig as much as the next person but haven't picked up on much to laugh at so my comment was based on that. I must be having an off night.
    That said, the bit about the bi-annual overhaul of the team having not cost them in financial terms. Even the most deluded Hearts fan isn't going to buy that....and arguably it is the deluded Hearts fans' money that has been wasted. I'm sure most of them could reel of numerous players that have been a waste of a wage in the Budge era.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

But I also remember them ridiculing criticism of their main stand project and dismissing us as bitter and jealous. It turns out the project has been an utter disaster, still with no definitive end date or final cost.

From 24-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Morganleith View Post
    No chance. It'll be ready- I don't know who your source is but as I've said previously it's on track. I know I'll get called a yam but it's actually ahead of schedule for their game v the sheep. The steel will be put in in a week and it will be ready. As I said before my mates working on it and has no reason to lie
    8 months ago and now there could be at least 9 months left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    She said she wasn't sure if Craig Levein actually takes the players for training. Sounds like she's well on top of things I couldn't listen to anymore.
    Doesn't sound like Levein is leaving any time soon, be it as head coach or DoF, which is good news. If I was a Jambo I'd not be happy to hear it is up to him what he wants to do and when. Cushiest/safest job in Scottish football. Budge will never sack him, it will take a fans' revolt to get him out

I'm unsure how she made so much money, she comes across as clueless. Totally clueless.
    The company was Newell and Budge...reckon Ms Alison Newell was the brains hence her name came first. Budge herself only ever appeared as the Company Seretary. Newell was the Consultant brains
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 22-03-2018 at 08:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    The company was Newell and Budge...reckon Ms Alison Newall was the brains hence her name came first.

Not really, Alison Newell left the company in 2001 , but the company name didn't change.

Budge did not build the company herself though, by 2005 there were 10 other directors on the board.

I think budge knew her stuff on I.T., trouble for the Yams is she thinks it makes her an expert on all things.

Whatever happened to that Morganleith guy?

Anybody else reckon he's actually #allisbarry?

Left by mutual consent!
    Doesn't sound like Levein is leaving any time soon, be it as head coach or DoF, which is good news. If I was a Jambo I'd not be happy to hear it is up to him what he wants to do and when. Cushiest/safest job in Scottish football. Budge will never sack him, it will take a fans' revolt to get him out
    Amen to that - we are all rejoicing at THAT !!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    The company was Newell and Budge...reckon Ms Alison Newall was the brains hence her name came first.
    Does that mean that Budge was 'The Looker' who caught all the randy business-types eye ??

You're having to go back a fair bit for that theory to hold water, my man.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Not really, Alison Newell left the company in 2001 , but the company name didn't change.

Budge did not build the company herself though, by 2005 there were 10 other directors on the board.

I think budge knew her stuff on I.T., trouble for the Yams is she thinks it makes her an expert on all things.
    Budge also resigned in 2001 and then resigned again after the completion of the French take over. I dealt with N&B over the years prior to the sale and they were woefully poor on deadline management, cost over runs, over promising and under-delivering. All Budge traits.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Jambo at my work told me today that he and his son are not renewing next year. He was claiming that it was to do with his son playing on a Saturday morning and not having time etc etc. Speaking to him over the past few weeks though I think that is an excuse. He has been saying for weeks that the football is honking and that its just not worth the money. He is also talking about stopping his jambo tax, erm I mean his FOH DD.
    Next time you see him ask him if his wife knows he pays to FoH and if so, does she know how much. I bet most wives/partners haven't been told because they'd never approve of it when the money could be spent on the kids/family instead.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Budge did not found the company, she was a co-founder with Alison Newell. Alison Newell was the majority shareholder and Ann Budge only acquired 100% control through a Management Buy Out in 2001 when Alison Newell decided to enjoy early retirement. Budge then flogged the company on to SOPRA. The French came in and she got booted as CEO.

Budge had good connections in the incestuous Edinburgh Financial sector in the days before Goodwin took the relatively tiny RBS on a global rampage, Bank of Scotland was still a small independent bank and Standard Life like the other two used Walker as a core system and the same wee group of people who went on the merry go round between the three were all part of the Barnton and D Mains dinner cicuit.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Any word on final capacity yet, or are they still keeping it hush hush?