hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    If he goes the pubs and clubs of George Steet will be issuing a shares warning.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Jason is selling himself very short, he is much better than a £1.4 million switch to a bottom tier Championship club.

Wouldn't believe the club would be happy selling him for that amount, so he must be desperate for the move down south.

This is where LD and co earn their crust!

I have no doubt in my mind she will be aware of what will be required and conversations will have already taken place with NL and co about replacements!!

Wouldn't get too worked up about some guy on twitter saying it's 1.4m. One thing we've always been good at is getting good value for players. It's always been reinvesting it that's been the problem, the Scott Allan sale being the obvious exception.

Left by mutual consent!
    Calm yourselves, this 1.4m rumour is from Agent Scotland who is a known slaver. Some people can't wait to have a go at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a football agent, not his though. Ears are always near to the ground guys! Found out first thing this morning from a great source.
    I'm like all us Hibby's, not happy for him to go but money talks 💰
    You hear anything last week regarding Mr Boyce? Was told some info but nothing solid. I think Hibs may well know exactly what they are doing and this was agreed a week or so ago for Jason.

Also a Polish winger?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Calm yourselves, this 1.4m rumour is from Agent Scotland who is a known slaver. Some people can't wait to have a go at the club.
    Correct.

There is no danger Hibs have sold Jason for £1.4m not a hope in hell.

The ONLY reference of the £1.4m fee plus 15% sell on is one source who is unreliable.

To me he is a £2m+ striker. IF the above is correct and he does well and moved on for say £5m (nothing in English football) then we get more than £2m overall.

Will await better and more reliable confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Spot on.

If we get circa £2m and it's reinvested in the team, i don't think this is necessarily a terrible thing. If it's a lot less, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I trust LD and lennon however.

@hibs.net private member
    As long as we don't end up with a Stokes/Duffy scenario I'm happy to place my trust in Lennon & Dempster to get this right.

The right signing will not only appease the fans who may be disappointed, but may also shift more season tickets off the back of it which will in turn negate some of any fee we pay for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Jason is selling himself very short, he is much better than a £1.4 million switch to a bottom tier Championship club.

Wouldn't believe the club would be happy selling him for that amount, so he must be desperate for the move down south.
    Taking the emotion out of it he is joining a big championship club who have had a very bad run for years but have recently been taken over. Remember Stokes is now with a club a league below..

It's the silly season again.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Tony watt would do me if we can't get stokes
    Watt?

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    £1.4m if up front in full is a good amount tbf. JC has come on leaps and bounds as you would expect from the young kid that broke through. He often gets stick on here for doing pretty much nothing else but score. I honestly think his touch, passing and hold up play has came on 5 fold since his first season and it's only going to get better playing in a division where there is the physical challenge.

The big money for us is the sell on - if he bangs them in good and proper down there, he will go for silly money and we will pocket some of it. Forrest, I'm not to sure about - warbs plays 4-3-3 and unless he's planing on pushing him out wide I'm sure they have a lad up from Brett something(?) who is pretty decent at that level.

We must replace him though - his goals apart we struggled from other areas - cash reinvested for Boyce/Moult/Stokes or a combination off and we will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    There is no danger Hibs have sold Jason for £1.4m not a hope in hell.
    Agreed 100% people taking that slaver Agent Scotland's word as gospel...ffs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dear Mark Warburton,

Kindly, **** off.

Yours Sincerley

Hibernian supporters

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    Dear Mark Warburton,

Kindly, **** off.

Yours Sincerley

Hibernian supporters
    Getting us back for the song, IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hibee-7 View Post
    £1.4m if up front in full is a good amount tbf. JC has come on leaps and bounds as you would expect from the young kid that broke through. He often gets stick on here for doing pretty much nothing else but score. I honestly think his touch, passing and hold up play has came on 5 fold since his first season and it's only going to get better playing in a division where there is the physical challenge.

The big money for us is the sell on - if he bangs them in good and proper down there, he will go for silly money and we will pocket some of it. Forrest, I'm not to sure about - warbs plays 4-3-3 and unless he's planing on pushing him out wide I'm sure they have a lad up from Brett something(?) who is pretty decent at that level.

We must replace him though - his goals apart we struggled from other areas - cash reinvested for Boyce/Moult/Stokes or a combination off and we will be alright.
    That was my initial thought, where does he play in a Breadman team/formation/system?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    If we get circa £2m and it's reinvested in the team, i don't think this is necessarily a terrible thing. If it's a lot less, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I trust LD and lennon however.
    Money's involved. RP will be heading up these talks.

If he goes then he'll go with my best wishes. I personally think it's at least a year too soon for him but he clearly has bags of self confidence and believes in his own ability to succeed.

I'm just glad that this is being discussed just now and not in 6 weeks' time when the season is about to start. Hopefully Hibs announce a replacement for him pretty soon or there is a danger of season ticket numbers taking a big hit.

I do trust Leeann Dempster to get things right and act in the club's best interests though.

Boyce scored more goals in a higher league and is a full international. He's a few years older than JC but surely he'll be looking for a much bigger pay day than we could ever offer.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would like to think we have done very well from ST sales and with more away fans buying tickets this year and a bit more tv that every penny of selling on JC is put into the squad be it higher wages or a fee or two paid.

Boyce, McGinn, Stokes.

That's who I think will be here next season. Well... if I was the manager anyway 😁

We won't get Boyce now.

Not with the wider interest down south and now that he is playing at international level.

We might get Moult though? Moult and Stokes and Hendo and lose Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If he goes then he'll go with my best wishes. I personally think it's at least a year too soon for him but he clearly has bags of self confidence and believes in his own ability to succeed.

I'm just glad that this is being discussed just now and not in 6 weeks' time when the season is about to start. Hopefully Hibs announce a replacement for him pretty soon or there is a danger of season ticket numbers taking a big hit.

I do trust Leeann Dempster to get things right and act in the club's best interests though.
    Hopefully. Lennons signings have been a bit hit and miss for me though

Left by mutual consent!
    We need to sign 2 strikers who walk into first 11 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Boyce, McGinn, Stokes.

That's who I think will be here next season. Well... if I was the manager anyway 😁
    Which McGinn? Niall? John, Paul or Steven? 🙃

I think Boyce would be perfect but he is hot property and could only see him coming if he sees it as stepping stone better English club than Burton Albion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Looking at the recruitment of other SPL clubs I still believe if we can get it right we can challenge for 2nd spot but NL needs to get it bang on. Not scared of The Rangers or Aberdeen one bit.