hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe we got over a million for him, and to think the yams let him go for nowt.
    Ahh but they have a cash cow now!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Whatever the 'true' price for JC, I hope that the sale goes through immediately and that it doesn't drag on. Get the dosh and use as much of it as possible to do the research and find a worthy replacement.
    Last edited by Jim44; 12-06-2017 at 12:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I hope he won't be seen as his replacement, but it would be a huge bonus if he was to come into the team and start scoring goals. The boy obviously has talent and Lennon seems to like him.

United we stand here....

Great news for cash-strapped Hearts as they negotiated a sell on fee of a rose bush, two leeks, six onions and a dozen potatoes.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Great news for cash-strapped Hearts as they negotiated a sell on fee of a rose bush, two leeks, six onions and a dozen potatoes.
    They're surely not selling chips Bob

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Badly advised if he thinks this is a good move for his career.

Will get my best wishes for all he's given to the club but I genuinely believe he needs AT LEAST another season with us in the top division. So much more development to be realised before moving on.

The above also applies to SJM.
    Exactly my thoughts, too !. Imho, he's one season away from finishing his 'apprenticeship' - plus, and it's nothing to do with his Hun-connection, Warburton is a seriously gash manager !. All the 'talk/fanfare' that surrounded him when he started out has been proved to be just that - talk !

Don't go Jason - you WILL regret it !. Another season with us and then you can pick your club !

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Whatever the 'true' price for JC, I hope that the sale goes through immediately and that it doesn't drag on. Get the dosh and use as much of it as possible to do the research and find a worthy replacement.
    This. If he's on his way then good luck to him and best wishes, get the deal sorted and focus on a good or better replacement.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5068243]
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Maybe so, but he is one of JC good mates that I can vouch for.

As i have said, i am not in know, or making claims that I am a reliable source. Just passing on a conversation I had this morning from someone that actually knows JC. I'm sure any of you would do the same if you actually spoke to someone who knows Cummings himself.

For the record i think it will be 7 figure sum, as I told him this morning, even the tache isnt that silly.[/QUOTE]

The 'tache' may have been silly in some areas ...... getting top dollar for our best assets has never been one of them
    The Tache has improved as a negotiator but it was not always thus. He was ready to accept £4.5m for the twins until Collins stepped in & it was also JC who virtually forced RP to give Fletch an enhanced contract which in turn led to us receiving a much bigger fee. It was that experience which has resulted in our current main assets, JC & SJM signing long term deals with a sell agreement probably being part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I hope he won't be seen as his replacement, but it would be a huge bonus if he was to come into the team and start scoring goals. The boy obviously has talent and Lennon seems to like him.

Cummings was 18 when he made his debut in Nov 2013 after impressing in the U20's, Shaw is 19 and has also impressed at U20's scoring 26 goals this season, I see no reason he cannot step up, Lennon said he wanted him in the squad but was unable due to his loan.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama

I haven't seen Shaw first hand but have hopes that if given a chance he might turn out to be pretty good. He could be the next Riordan, he might be the next Ross Caldwell (nowt against RC - just an example of someone who never made the grade)

What makes you so certain he doesn't have what it takes? Have you seen him play much? Genuine question as interested in your view given my optimistic hopes for him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    I haven't seen Shaw first hand but have hopes that if given a chance he might turn out to be pretty good. He could be the next Riordan, he might be the next Ross Caldwell (nowt against RC - just an example of someone who never made the grade)

What makes you so certain he doesn't have what it takes? Have you seen him play much? Genuine question as interested in your view given my optimistic hopes for him this season.
    I don't know a lot but il be very disappointed if we are pinning our hopes on him when we are aiming for a minimum top 6 finish. He scored something like 6/7 goals for stenhousemuir last season mate...he deserves a chance but not the pressure of replacing Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This. If he's on his way then good luck to him and best wishes, get the deal sorted and focus on a good or better replacement.
    With money, we should have no problem finding a decent goalscorer, but we will sorely miss JC's gallus attitude and huge self-confidence. Yes, it caused problems at times but Hibs teams over the years have suffered greatly from having decent players with weak characters - usually exposed in big games and derby matches in particular. It's not just about finding someone who can score goals.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I don't know a lot but il be very disappointed if we are pinning our hopes on him when we are aiming for a minimum top 6 finish. He scored something like 6/7 goals for stenhousemuir last season mate...he deserves a chance but not the pressure of replacing Cummings

Ah ok, I getcha.

Nah, definitely not expecting us to be going in to the season thinking he's the answer but with a fair wind hopefully he'll get an opportunity and put himself in contention.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Cummings was 18 when he made his debut in Nov 2013 after impressing in the U20's, Shaw is 19 and has also impressed at U20's scoring 26 goals this season, I see no reason he cannot step up, Lennon said he wanted him in the squad but was unable due to his loan.
    Nobody is suggesting he can't step up! People are merely suggesting that he should not be considered as Cummings replacement in the Starting XI.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It would be a big blow to lose him. Let's just hope we can get top dollar and attract a high quality replacement. It will be a sad day when he waves farewell.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Everyone's moaning about the fee, but as we're in the position in which we don't have to sell, logic would dictate the Cummings has made it clear he's keen to move on. Let's get a good replacement in who wants to be a part of our upward trajectory. Thanks for the goals JC!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Cummings first goal for Hibs was a year after Griffiths last game. Would you be happy for the same with Cummings replacement?
    Cummings first game was 6 months after Griffiths last game. Who's to say that Jason and Hibs wouldn't have been better off that season if he had played from the start of the season?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I work in same building as one of Cummings friend, boy called Aidan. Who has told me today in email as i asked that he is away to Forest today for his medical and it is only 500k we are recieving for him, as this is the release clause in his contract that was agreed when he signed it Hibs would allow him to move on. Confirmed by JC in their group chat last night.

As can imagine, this figure has ruined my day.
    After having a bid of some £1.8m turned-down by us, I can't see RP sanctioning, what would've been at the time, a gamble/loss of £1.5m, on JC helpng us get promoted. If there's one thing that Rod Petrie is extremely good at it's 'Finance' - no-one better in Scottish Football imho - and I've never been on of his fans !

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    What's Boyce's release clause?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I'm willing to bet u any amount of dosh that Ollie Shaw will not be the replacement for JC - thanks for the compliment I do love a drama 😉

I don't think we will be either but going on recent history there's no reason why he can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I am with you on this. All this nonsense about not putting pressure on the 'young lad' to be JC's replacement.

Is he ready? Only one way to find out. Hopefully he is desperate to get his chance. If he was not, then there might be an issue but I suspect he is chomping at the bit for the opportunity to prove himself at the next level.

What are we waiting for? Think he will be any more prepared in another years time just because he turns 20? Waiting until he scores 40 goals in a season?

There are people on here who would be telling a young Joe Baker just to hold on until he was better prepared and more mature.

He's 19!!! Not a 15 year old apprentice. And frankly might be a lot more mature and well balance than JC is now :)

I do not want him to be seen as JC's replacement. I just want him to be himself and like any young Hibs player who has shown great promise, get the chance to progress as part of the squad. Actually, if JC stays with us I still think we need another striker anyhow.

And of course I look forward to him being a great success and am already predicting his move to the English Championship in 3 years It's the Hibs way.

No one knows what's gone on behind the scenes regarding fees or how the deal is structured, we just need to trust that our club have done the best and got the most they could.

We need to cash in on this sort of money when we can, like it or not, we are a selling club. If we kept hold of Jason for the coming season, anything could have happened, look at what happened with Patterson at Hearts.

Next to go for decent money will be McGinn, that could well be in this window too.

What about Lewis Allan, on loan at Edin. City, anyone think he could make the squad ??

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    After having a bid of some £1.8m turned-down by us, I can't see RP sanctioning, what would've been at the time, a gamble/loss of £1.5m, on JC helpng us get promoted. If there's one thing that Rod Petrie is extremely good at it's 'Finance' - no-one better in Scottish Football imho - and I've never been on of his fans !
    Promotion was worth millions to us so keeping JC was worth it at any price IMO. However, turning down that bid AND NOT getting a contract extension would lose us that £1.8 million, guaranteed. In that situation JC would be calling the shots.

Big financial incentive for JC (and his agent!) to achieve the highest bid - £500k, no way!

Don't want to bring in a Joe Harper either. Cummings could be as difficult to replace in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Don't want to bring in a Joe Harper either. Cummings could be as difficult to replace in the dressing room as he is on the pitch.
    Comment based on his time at Hibs alone? Joe Harper would command a gigantic fee in this day and age.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by drumatic44 View Post
    What about Lewis Allan, on loan at Edin. City, anyone think he could make the squad ??
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by drumatic44 View Post
    Nope.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A wee bit disappointed not to get one full season out of Jason in the Premiership as I think he would have been a major asset to us.

A wee bit concerned also at Lennon's ability in the transfer market. The forward looking players he signed last year weren't exactly prolific.

If Cummings is to be sold, it must not be on the cheap.

Nottingham Forest have a big striker currently on their books (called Britt Assombalonga) whom I saw a few times last season on TV. He looks a good player, and has attracted interest from some big English clubs. If he were to be sold by Forest, guaranteed it would be for a lot more than £1.5m.