hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Swap my vote

  1. #1
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706

    Swap my vote

    Have you seen this?

    I've not thought this through yet, but on the face of it, it seems like a good idea.

    https://www.swapmyvote.uk/
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Seems like bollocks to me!
    What next? A lib-dem voter on Orkney wanting to vote for Hillary in Georgia?

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like bollocks to me!
    What next? A lib-dem voter on Orkney wanting to vote for Hillary in Georgia?
    You obviously grasped the concept immediately.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...yBrief06062017
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  5. #4
    Old enough to know better. Stupid enough to do it anyway. Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen this?

    I've not thought this through yet, but on the face of it, it seems like a good idea.

    https://www.swapmyvote.uk/
    I'd love to be able to vote for labour in England or SNP in Scotland but I doubt anyone over there would want to swap for a vote in North Down given that neither the unionist paries or nationalist candidates stand much of a chance against the unionist independent mp that's been returned here for many a year now.

    On the face of it that seems like a worthwhile site... is it above board? I suppose like any well meaning enterprise it may be open to abuse.

  6. #5
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706
    Dear Hibbyradge

    Thank you for taking part in this movement to make every vote count for more. Weíre really excited that youíre a part of this project, using the Internet to make democracy better.

    The general election is this Thursday and there is everything to play for! Thousands of people have their vote swaps arranged - and thousands more are waiting. If there is already someone who wants to swap votes with you, you will have been paired up on the site. Now that the site has introduced you to each other, itís over to you - the system is based on trust so please feel free to contact each other through social media; discuss policies, news and your hopes for the new Parliament.

    If you haven't been offered a voting partner yet, donít delay - go and find your partner now!> You should see a list of potential voting partners on the site - you need to choose which you would like to swap with.

    Look at the polls in their constituency to see where your vote will make most difference.

    If need be, check that there is a candidate standing there (there is a link below)
    Click your preferred voting partner to propose a vote swap!

    We want to find as many people as possible a good swap, so, for the final few days of the campaign, we are shortening the time for people to confirm a swap, down to just *6 hours*. If the swap is not confirmed within 6 hours, you should receive an email from us saying that it has been cancelled. This is your cue to choose a new voting partner.

    If we all tell the people we know, it wonít be long before thereís a critical mass working together to make votes count for more. As soon as we can pair you up, we will email you on this address with the details of your new voting partner.

    Tweet Share on Facebook

    Meanwhile if youíve got any questions please head over to the FAQ. If your question isnít answered, please feel free to contact us. Please bear in mind weíre a tiny team of volunteers doing this in our spare time, so it may not be possible to answer or acknowledge all contacts, but rest assured we will do our best to incorporate your questions and suggestions in updates to the site.

    Now, please help us make every vote count by telling everyone you know about Swap my Vote!

    Happy voting!
    Swap my Vote Team
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  7. #6
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Hibbyradge

    Thank you for taking part in this movement to make every vote count for more. Weíre really excited that youíre a part of this project, using the Internet to make democracy better.

    The general election is this Thursday and there is everything to play for! Thousands of people have their vote swaps arranged - and thousands more are waiting. If there is already someone who wants to swap votes with you, you will have been paired up on the site. Now that the site has introduced you to each other, itís over to you - the system is based on trust so please feel free to contact each other through social media; discuss policies, news and your hopes for the new Parliament.

    If you haven't been offered a voting partner yet, donít delay - go and find your partner now!> You should see a list of potential voting partners on the site - you need to choose which you would like to swap with.

    Look at the polls in their constituency to see where your vote will make most difference.

    If need be, check that there is a candidate standing there (there is a link below)
    Click your preferred voting partner to propose a vote swap!

    We want to find as many people as possible a good swap, so, for the final few days of the campaign, we are shortening the time for people to confirm a swap, down to just *6 hours*. If the swap is not confirmed within 6 hours, you should receive an email from us saying that it has been cancelled. This is your cue to choose a new voting partner.

    If we all tell the people we know, it wonít be long before thereís a critical mass working together to make votes count for more. As soon as we can pair you up, we will email you on this address with the details of your new voting partner.

    Tweet Share on Facebook

    Meanwhile if youíve got any questions please head over to the FAQ. If your question isnít answered, please feel free to contact us. Please bear in mind weíre a tiny team of volunteers doing this in our spare time, so it may not be possible to answer or acknowledge all contacts, but rest assured we will do our best to incorporate your questions and suggestions in updates to the site.

    Now, please help us make every vote count by telling everyone you know about Swap my Vote!

    Happy voting!
    Swap my Vote Team
    What if people just lie?

  8. #7
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if people just lie?
    See the link above.

    In truth, even if someone did lie, nothing much has been lost.

    My constituency is a nailed on Tory hold, so if I vote Green in a swap, for example, it doesn't matter too much if my swap partner reneges on the deal.

    The likelihood is that they will be honest, however, so my vote may have an effect elsewhere.

  9. #8
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See the link above.

    In truth, even if someone did lie, nothing much has been lost.

    My constituency is a nailed on Tory hold, so if I vote Green in a swap, for example, it doesn't matter too much if my swap partner reneges on the deal.

    The likelihood is that they will be honest, however, so my vote may have an effect elsewhere.
    I disagree, in an honest perfect world it would be great. However in this world it's open to being abused.

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, in an honest perfect world it would be great. However in this world it's open to being abused.
    I'm not sure how people could abuse it.

    Register with it and see who you get offered as a swap partner and the information about their constituency.

    You don't need to commit to anything.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    If it ain't illegal, it should be.
    Political integrity is a at an all-time-low as it is without it turning into, dare I say it, the Multi-Coloured Swapshop.
    Next step - Why not get Tesco to give you extra points if you vote for whoever they want to win in your constituency.

    Please, please tell me this is a Whoosh!
    Last edited by snooky; 07-06-2017 at 12:11 AM.

  12. #11
    Coaching Staff Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    31,706
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not get Tesco to give you extra points if you vote for whoever they want to win in your constituency.
    That would be illegal as it's bribery.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  13. #12
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be illegal as it's bribery.



    Yea Banksy had a warning from the Electoral Commission.

    https://www.instagram.com/banksy/

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    10,058
    Blog Entries
    1
    Swap my vote = Pimp My Cross

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved