hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 163
  1. #91
    Unbelievable thread.

    I would echo the other comments, get out now mate. Nothing to be gained by living together and pretending to be together for her image. Very selfish behaviour, get out and start to enjoy yourself again. All the best.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Thanks for all the comment and advice.

    Was a big help having "mates" around.

    I'm sitting tight for now. Going to look at all possibilities.

    First up is 10k walk a day. Was 6k. Ive loads of casual women friends (type of work i did) so I'm going to take them all out one by one-just because I can. Tomorrow night I'm going to a big annual fundraiser ball type thingy (Ive booked a last minute place and taking a lady with me (a friend).

    I guess we never know how things will play out. The ability to react positively, whilst never our first instinct in a personal crises, is so important. Hope I'm up for it.

    Next I will be needing fashion tips lol.But that's an entirely different thread!!

    Kind regards.

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get out asap for your own sake. It sounds like she's already moved on, perhaps not physically yet but she's certainly wanting to and has stunned you into agreeing.

    There's no need for you to stick to 'her terms'.
    It's all very well bending in the wind to suit a partner's idiosyncrasies however, once they want out, all bets are off. You're free as a bird.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,389
    Never mind walking 10k. Your next step should be to see a lawyer.

    You'll get a half hour chat free, maybe an hour, and you should use that time to establish what you are entitled to in the event of a separation and/or divorce.

    I think the rules on how the assets of the marriage are divvied up have changed recently but in my day it included obvious things like house, cars and stuff. But it also included the value of each partners pension. It's not unusual for a pension to be worth as much as if not more than a house!!!!

    You need proper advice and you need it as soon as you can get it.
    Last edited by Jack; 13-06-2017 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never mind walking 10k. Your next step should be to see a lawyer.

    You'll get a half hour chat free, maybe an hour, and you should use that time to establish what you are entitled to in the event of a separation and/or divorce.

    I think the rules on how the assets of the marriage are divvied up have changed recently but in my day it included obvious things like house, cars and stuff. But it also included the value of each partners pension. It's not unusual for a pension to be worth as much as if not more than a house!!!!

    You need proper advice and you need it as soon as you can get it.

    If she's the main earner then this may be why she's so keen / willing for the new arrangement. She may even have taken legal advice herself so as to better understand what her options are, and the financial implications of each.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never mind walking 10k. Your next step should be to see a lawyer.

    You'll get a half hour chat free, maybe an hour, and you should use that time to establish what you are entitled to in the event of a separation and/or divorce.

    I think the rules on how the assets of the marriage are divvied up have changed recently but in my day it included obvious things like house, cars and stuff. But it also included the value of each partners pension. It's not unusual for a pension to be worth as much as if not more than a house!!!!

    You need proper advice and you need it as soon as you can get it.
    Gotta agree with Jack here. Dinnae be sticking your head in the sand lad coz all that'll happen is you'll get left with nothing. I can guarantee you now that the 'cat's out the bag' she'll be seeing a lawyer toot sweet.

  8. #97
    Testimonial Due Dinkydoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dumfries
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,408
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dinkydoo1875
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for all the comment and advice.

    Was a big help having "mates" around.

    I'm sitting tight for now. Going to look at all possibilities.

    First up is 10k walk a day. Was 6k. Ive loads of casual women friends (type of work i did) so I'm going to take them all out one by one-just because I can. Tomorrow night I'm going to a big annual fundraiser ball type thingy (Ive booked a last minute place and taking a lady with me (a friend).

    I guess we never know how things will play out. The ability to react positively, whilst never our first instinct in a personal crises, is so important. Hope I'm up for it.

    Next I will be needing fashion tips lol.But that's an entirely different thread!!

    Kind regards.
    This reads as though you're trying to make her jealous or address the 'reasons' why you think she fell out of love with you in the hopes of winning her back.

    Please don't.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This reads as though you're trying to make her jealous or address the 'reasons' why you think she fell out of love with you in the hopes of winning her back.

    Please don't.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Have to agree with this.

    We spend a lot of our life doing things for other people. This is a situation to do it for you.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,201
    Time for the straight red card.
    Cougars!!!

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for the straight red card.
    Time for a 2 footed challenge first imo

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,141
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    This thread has to be a wind up?!

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread has to be a wind up?!
    Said as much in post #65. Not totally convinced either way.

  14. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread has to be a wind up?!
    I must admit I didn't see the 35 years of marriage twist coming.

    Definitely feels like it has a bit of Irvine Jambo/Kahoonas about it.

  15. #104
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Fife
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must admit I didn't see the 35 years of marriage twist coming.

    Definitely feels like it has a bit of Irvine Jambo/Kahoonas about it.
    It's got the East Enders feel to it, that's what.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  16. #105
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    15,100
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable thread.

    I would echo the other comments, get out now mate. Nothing to be gained by living together and pretending to be together for her image. Very selfish behaviour, get out and start to enjoy yourself again. All the best.

    Literally.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  17. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must admit I didn't see the 35 years of marriage twist coming.

    Definitely feels like it has a bit of Irvine Jambo/Kahoonas about it.
    What a sad loss that was.

    Champion boxer, 4 degrees, Bollywood star wife.

    RIP.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  18. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must admit I didn't see the 35 years of marriage twist coming.

    Definitely feels like it has a bit of Irvine Jambo/Kahoonas about it.
    Funnily enough there was a similar thread on KB not that long ago. Was equally hilarious.

  19. #108
    The OP is clearly at it. Thread totally smells of cow pat.

  20. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a sad loss that was.

    Champion boxer, 4 degrees, Bollywood star wife.

    RIP.
    Not forgetting the millions he raised for charity.

    We'll never see his likes again. Will we?

  21. #110
    Guys.

    This was not a wind up. Seriously.

    I understand why some might think that.
    I was simply looking for some outside input.

    I have a plan now. Due to stuff getting in the way as it inevitably does, I'm prepared to wait to finalise things.

    In truth a lot of what has occurred in the last two weeks has been brewing for a long time.

    Sometimes I suppose we just ignore what with hindsight appears obvious. Ok its late in the day for me but I'm now facing what i hope is a brighter future (even at me age!!)

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys.

    This was not a wind up. Seriously.

    I understand why some might think that.
    I was simply looking for some outside input.

    I have a plan now. Due to stuff getting in the way as it inevitably does, I'm prepared to wait to finalise things.

    In truth a lot of what has occurred in the last two weeks has been brewing for a long time.

    Sometimes I suppose we just ignore what with hindsight appears obvious. Ok its late in the day for me but I'm now facing what i hope is a brighter future (even at me age!!)
    All in going to say to you is:

    1. Is your username really your name?
    2. You do realise that this thread is publicly viewable?

    I don't imagine you would really want your wife reading this, so you might want to think about at least doing something with your username...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must admit I didn't see the 35 years of marriage twist coming.

    Definitely feels like it has a bit of Irvine Jambo/Kahoonas about it.
    Im sure I remember someone doing a parachute jump to raise money for him.

    What about the Beyoncé from Niddrie thread ? That was mental.
    That's going back a few years :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  24. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys.

    This was not a wind up. Seriously.

    I understand why some might think that.
    I was simply looking for some outside input.

    I have a plan now. Due to stuff getting in the way as it inevitably does, I'm prepared to wait to finalise things.

    In truth a lot of what has occurred in the last two weeks has been brewing for a long time.

    Sometimes I suppose we just ignore what with hindsight appears obvious. Ok its late in the day for me but I'm now facing what i hope is a brighter future (even at me age!!)

    If you're seriously putting up with that nonsense from your wife then you need your head looked.

    Sorry, but you only have one life and she's taking the absolute piss IMO.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    8,201
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time for a 2 footed challenge first imo
    Followed by a night in the ACCA. Oh the good old days.. dirty dirty dirty.
    Cougars!!!

  26. #115
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,826
    Not sure if this is a windup or not but c'mon tae **** mate, at the very least you need to keep your self respect. She obviously sees you as a prop in her life to be cast away when she no longer has a use for you. You're worth more than that. GTF out pronto and make the best of your hand. It can't be any worse than being her safety net.

  27. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All in going to say to you is:

    1. Is your username really your name?
    2. You do realise that this thread is publicly viewable?

    I don't imagine you would really want your wife reading this, so you might want to think about at least doing something with your username...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    No..It's not my real name. The story is real.

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,399
    Get her straight to ****.

    Get her out the house or yourself out the house asap. Who gives a shiny one what she wants, her right for you to care about her needs went out the window when she told you it was over.

    Time for a clean break.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

  29. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for all the comment and advice.

    Was a big help having "mates" around.

    I'm sitting tight for now. Going to look at all possibilities.

    First up is 10k walk a day. Was 6k. Ive loads of casual women friends (type of work i did) so I'm going to take them all out one by one-just because I can. Tomorrow night I'm going to a big annual fundraiser ball type thingy (Ive booked a last minute place and taking a lady with me (a friend).

    I guess we never know how things will play out. The ability to react positively, whilst never our first instinct in a personal crises, is so important. Hope I'm up for it.

    Next I will be needing fashion tips lol.But that's an entirely different thread!!

    Kind regards.
    So how was your big night out?

  30. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how was your big night out?
    His Mrs followed him and took loads of pictures. She showed them to family and friends and is now filling for divorce because he's a cheat. She is taking him for everything including the family home which he will need to move out off but continue to pay for as he's the main bread winner.

    I don't for a minute believe the OP is for real but just incase he is..........he better get rid well before he dates anyone else or it'll bite him on the archie. His Mrs is counting on it so she can tell everyone its no her fault.

  31. #120
    I'm maybe guilty of taking people at face value, which is no bad thing. I believe that the op is genuine, what's to gain by fabricating such a story ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved