Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash cow

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fixed that :)

"Hi Mugs how about a Steak Bake"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    At what point are the Hearts support going to wake up and realise everyone is laughing at them? Not just their club, but them as supporters of that embarrassment of a club. I'd have a bit more respect for them if they grew a backbone and called out those in charge instead of happily getting shafted. Still, as long as they have 5-1 then all is good.
    Absolute losers.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    "Hi Mugs how about a Steak Bake"

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Showed the cow to an arsenal fan just now, after a real long laugh his exact words were "is this a wind up? Do they really have to do this to raise money, didn't they used to be a big club"

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Showed the cow to an arsenal fan just now, after a real long laugh his exact words were "is this a wind up? Do they really have to do this to raise money, didn't they used to be a big club"

They never were a big club - whatever that even means.

They just told themselves that to make themselves try feel superior.

Big clubs are Real Madrid etc

Got a feeling the cow will be around for a while as they try to find the funds to finish the new single tier main stand that big clubs have.

Heart of Moodlothian

Stadium ....... The Moo Camp
    Club colours .... Mooroon & white
    Manager .......... Ian Coothro
    Captain ....... Don Cowie

Club benefactors ..... Edinburgh city cooncil

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 06-06-2017 at 09:22 AM.

This Cow business is worthless in the grander scheme of things and does more damage to the big teams credibility than it is probably worth, whats the most it will raise? A couple of grand? At what cost? It exposes the amateur business plan that has been embarked upon by their board, it underlines just how badly underfunded the whole project is, it highlights to the watching football world the utter incompetancy of the entire club from top to bottom, clueless board with a possibly suicidal business plan, clueless director of football, clueless head coach, clueless fan base and a squad of players who have become de motivated by this complete shambles of a club. They are now a joke club better known for begging from their fans and bumping their creditors than for any sporting value they may once have had during the cheating years.
    A period of decline is inevitable for them and with Hibs on an upward trajectory it is clear that the balance of power is changing in the capital and the cash cow will come to symbolise the depths to which this once proud club has plummeted since they opted to embark on a policy of spending beyond their means way back when Mercer took over. Karma has arrived at Tynie at last. The Karma Cow.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=City of Green;5062360 funds to finish the new single tier main stand that big clubs have.[/QUOTE]

That can't be right. The new stand will have at least 4 tiers, more than any other in Scotland. It's just that only Hearts fans can see them. To the rest of us it's just one tier. Some kind of magic or sorcery I suspect.

I mean, for some reason they claim the other 3 stands have 2 tiers on the basis that they have a wee walk way to help folk get to their seats.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    It's like they've appointed Brian Potter as head of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Heart of Moodlothian

Stadium ....... The Moo Camp
    Club colours .... Mooroon & white
    Manager .......... Ian Coothro
    Captain ....... Don Cowie

Club benefactors ..... Edinburgh city cooncil

The moo camp. Hilarious, might even drop wongadome now.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Yet another bum steer for Los Yambolinos.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Would love to know what the yams think about this haha

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    At what point are the Hearts support going to wake up and realise everyone is laughing at them? Not just their club, but them as supporters of that embarrassment of a club. I'd have a bit more respect for them if they grew a backbone and called out those in charge instead of happily getting shafted. Still, as long as they have 5-1 then all is good.
    Absolute losers.
    They're petrified that if they stand up to Budge ripping the fibre out their club she'll walk away. They've turned into some amateurish novalty club and a small part of me feels sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

The moo camp. Hilarious, might even drop wongadome now.

Sadly I have to admit its not original ..... the first town to have those model cows displayed all over the place was Milton Keynes and as a result the MK Dons fans started referring to their stadium as the 'Moo Camp'

Sadly I have to admit its not original ..... the first town to have those model cows displayed all over the place was Milton Keynes and as a result the MK Dons fans started referring to their stadium as the 'Moo Camp'
    Been there plenty times and never knew that. You live and learn.

As it's the yams we'll claim it as a first in keeping with their tendency to do that.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It's quite amazing whats happened in the last couple of years. The way our clubs have reversed.

Yes, the way the club stiffed many local businesses was disgusting, but in the aftermath, the way the fans raised money was tremendous TBF, and Budge and Levein quickly dealt with Locke and the dead wood, and put together a team that excited the increased crowds at tynecastle. They dealt with the championship with ease, and looked like they were on a roll. Season tickets continued to stay high, and they consolidated themselves in the top half of the Premiership.

Meanwhile, although things had improved in the wake of our dreadful relegation, we were now dropping points in silly games and getting frustrated at how many games we dominated without getting the win. Our season ticket sales were around 8k and attendances were rarely over 9.5k

Then came February 2016.....
    The 2-2 game at Tynie followed by the 1-0 win at ER really seemed to change the landscape. Hearts season was over and they really increased the pressure on Neilson. Hibs went on to win the Cup and all Hearts could think about was how Neilson had thrown it away. In a lot of fans eyes, he was now finished.

Last season started with Hibs Hibs bravely losing out to a decent side in Europe while Hearts limped out to some Maltese minnows. this added to the mood trajectory in each camp. Hearts then started the season quite well and with a 2-0 win against Rangers, they moved up to 2nd in the league. Then Neilson left and in came Agent Cathro. They started poorly under him but after drawing Hibs in the cup, a load of short term deals were brought in (Very Hibs 2010-2013) and they trounced Rangers. Spirits rose and they were now preparing to hammer their rivals in the cup. Revenge for the previous year. But in the first game the fans were completely outdone by the 3800 Hibs fans, and then back at ER, their players were completely outdone by the Hibs team. The role reversal was complete. The hibs fans continued to be buoyed by a decent cup run and went on the win the league, getting a fair few sellouts on the way and averaging aound 15k. Hearts finished the season with a Butcher-esque run which was only saved due to the points gained under Neilson.

Hearts now find themselves relying on former players being drawn to the club, and strikers from the English non league, season tickets are apparently WAY down on previous seasons, their Scottish talent is leaving in drovesand they are back to begging for cash. Hibs are back in the big league, season ticket sales look like breaking modern records, Nigerian & Israeli internationals are being brought to the club on permanent deals, and our core of Scottish players are being tied down and added to.

Pleasing, as a jambo might say
    Last edited by CallumLaidlaw; 06-06-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Would love to know what the yams think about this haha
    Our family yam has been "raging" since the fun day and Father dougals £15 kickabouts were announced. Sent him a link to the coo thread with a picture and had no response.

A confirmed DD canceller and Potter blamer I think he's just given up.

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    They never were a big club - whatever that even means.

They just told themselves that to make themselves try feel superior.

Big clubs are Real Madrid etc

Got a feeling the cow will be around for a while as they try to find the funds to finish the new single tier main stand that big clubs have.

Ah, but remember Cathro's words when talking about Hearts - 'For thousands of people Hearts are their Real Madrid'

Aye, they're alike as 2 peas in a pod, Yoda - Real Madrid are backed by a bank and Charity Thieves FC are backed by a PIGGY-BANK !

Anybody think cash cow could do a job alongside Cole Live Stock ton up front?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    It's quite amazing whats happened in the last couple of years. The way our clubs have reversed.

Yes, the way the club stiffed many local businesses was disgusting, but in the aftermath, the way the fans raised money was tremendous TBF, and Budge and Levein quickly dealt with Locke and the dead wood, and put together a team that excited the increased crowds at tynecastle. They dealt with the championship with ease, and looked like they were on a roll. Season tickets continued to stay high, and they consolidated themselves in the top half of the Premiership.

Meanwhile, although things had improved in the wake of our dreadful relegation, we were now dropping points in silly games and getting frustrated at how many games we dominated without getting the win.

Then came February 2016.....
    The 2-2 game at Tynie followed by the 1-0 win at ER really seemed to change the landscape. Hearts season was over and they really increased the pressure on Neilson. Hibs went on to win the Cup and all Hearts could think about was how Neilson had thrown it away. In a lot of fans eyes, he was now finished.

Last season started with Hibs Hibs bravely losing out to a decent side in Europe while Hearts limped out to some Maltese minnows. this added to the mood trajectory in each camp. Hearts then started the season quite well and with a 2-0 win against Rangers, they moved up to 2nd in the league. Then Neilson left and in came Agent Cathro. They started poorly under him but after drawing Hibs in the cup, a load of short term deals were brought in (Very Hibs 2010-2013) and they trounced Rangers. Spirits rose and they were now preparing to hammer their rivals in the cup. Revenge for the previous year. But in the first game the fans were completely outdone by the 3800 Hibs fans, and then back at ER, their players were completely outdone by the Hibs team. The role reversal was complete. The hibs fans continued to be buoyed by a decent cup run and went on the win the league. Hearts finished the season with a Butcher-esque run which was only saved due to the points gained under Neilson.

Hearts now find themselves relying on former players being drawn to the club, and strikers from the English non league, season tickets are apparently WAY down on previous seasons, their Scottish talent is leaving in drovesand they are back to begging for cash. Hibs are back in the big league, season ticket sales look like breaking modern records, Nigerian & Israeli internationals are being brought to the club on permanent deals, and our core of Scottish players are being tied down and added to.

Pleasing, as a jambo might say
    Excellent summary there of the last few years and the way things have shifted

Moo Camp gets my vote.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    It won't be long before they stick a maroon top on bob geldof and have him standing outside tynecastle shouting "just give us your f***ing money!" At passers by

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    It won't be long before they stick a maroon top on bob geldof and have him standing outside tynecastle shouting "just give us your f***ing money!" At passers by
    Knowing them it wouldn't be Bob Geldof, just Fat Bob with his top off.

Embarrassing. Funding a multimillion pound engineering project with collection tins and bake sales.

I realise they're supposed to put money into it but, just out of interest, where's the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I realise they're supposed to put money into it but, just out of interest, where's the hole?
    The coo is standing outside it

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    There is no hole, it is getting smashed just like we smashed any sense of respect they had for themselves when we won the Scottish Cup.

I believe it is just under the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    The coo is standing outside it
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I believe it is just under the tail.

Surely you mean udder the tail....