hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where will he play?

I can't see him being signed as a back up to Sir David and I can't see Sir David agreeing to a new 2 year contract if he's going to be a back up to Steven Whittaker.

I know Whittaker could play in midfield and when he was with us it was always said to be the case that he was far better at going forward than he was at defending. However what role would he play in midfield if that's the case?

I'm certainly not complaining as you can never have enough good players and he would certainly strengthen the squad. He's still only 33 in a couple of weeks as well so he's still got 2-3 years left in him.

Im thinking that rather than having 2 players for both full back positions , we are going for having 3 of a good quality . Whittaker can play on either side so would make sense. This also leaves space for crane to get a look in next season. Hopefully this is the case because it would make us really strong across the back, and mean we can use a wage on someone with quality further up the park

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Jeezo. Why is everyone so happy about this?
    Did he not leave us cos he wanted to play for Rangers???
    🤔🤔🤔
    Dont recall him looking to get away . Thought it kind of developed naturally , didnt he give his signing on fee to the youth development or something similar when he left??

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    So what, chill out.
    Doh! Think about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Do you seriously think that is mentioned in a contract offer?
    We've been linked with Whittaker for quite a while now, certainly since before Gray's new contract was announced. If I was David Gray, if I heard that the club were possibly lining up a move for someone who plays in my position who is a relatively big name for the club to be signing then I would be asking for clarification on what my role was likely to be within the team.

We've been linked with Whittaker for quite a while now, certainly since before Gray's new contract was announced. If I was David Gray, if I heard that the club were possibly lining up a move for someone who plays in my position who is a relatively big name for the club to be signing then I would be asking for clarification on what my role was likely to be within the team.

Or you could look at the situation and use it to focus on playing out of your skin every week to keep the jersey..

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Roger? Yup, I heard he's got to leave Durham Town.
    Some just won't get that 😁

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Or you could look at the situation and use it to focus on playing out of your skin every week to keep the jersey..

Exactly

Kenny Millar 'I do think we'll end up getting Whittaker. Couple more options in midfield and up front then it doesn't look too bad at all.'

Good stuff. Exciting window already!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Im thinking that rather than having 2 players for both full back positions , we are going for having 3 of a good quality . Whittaker can play on either side so would make sense. This also leaves space for crane to get a look in next season. Hopefully this is the case because it would make us really strong across the back, and mean we can use a wage on someone with quality further up the park
    It's all about competition. Gray is suspended for the 1st game, upto whoever replaces him to claim a spot. Surely we can't ask for fairer than that.
    However is a long hard season, injuries and suspensions will take its toll, we need a big squad. Remember Whittaker can play both full back positions, and in midfield

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    If this comes off and we add another couple of really good signings then I will be peeing my pants with excitement and the season won't come along quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It's all about competition. Gray is suspended for the 1st game, upto whoever replaces him to claim a spot. Surely we can't ask for fairer than that.
    However is a long hard season, injuries and suspensions will take its toll, we need a big squad. Remember Whittaker can play both full back positions, and in midfield
    Id much rather have the stress of fitting good players into the team than the stress of not having enough good players.

Ambrose, Marciano and Whittaker signing along with Murray and Swanson would be phenominal. Incredible time for Hibs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Ambrose, Marciano and Whittaker signing along with Murray and Swanson would be phenominal. Incredible time for Hibs at the moment.
    Yep agreed. Think we'd need another 2/3 on top of that (CM, Winger and Stokes) then we're good to go.

This season is going to be something else. Buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Yep agreed. Think we'd need another 2/3 on top of that (CM, Winger and Stokes) then we're good to go.

We need at least one more striker. We can't start the season with just Brian Graham as back up for Cummings and Murray. I know Martin Boyle can play up front but I don't think he's a natural striker.

He will be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Id go 3/4 .. winger , centre mid playmaker , and a killen type up front , and replace graham with a better option up top..

Also think if we sign stokes then we may cash in on cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He will be right back.
    How do you know that?

We need at least one more striker. We can't start the season with just Brian Graham as back up for Cummings and Murray. I know Martin Boyle can play up front but I don't think he's a natural striker.
    Absolutely. I'm hoping Murray isn't going to he first choice and is the replacement for Keatings as opposed to Holt who played mainly with JC last season. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part due to our business thus far and who we're allegedly close to signing ha

Also think if we sign stokes then we may cash in on cummings
    Stokes is unreliable, Jason is never injured, so wouldn't think he'd be his replacement

Blog Entries
    Id much rather have the stress of fitting good players into the team than the stress of not having enough good players.
    This is where I'm coming from. I can't get my head round the thoughts of some folk saying we shouldn't sign him or him because we've already got him etc. What's wrong with having more than two or more strong players in the same position? If the players are happy, respect each other and willing to play for each other, knowing that the position is not their unique property and that there will be times when they will be fighting to get the place, go for it Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This is where I'm coming from. I can't get my head round the thoughts of some folk saying we shouldn't sign him or him because we've already got him etc. What's wrong with having more than two or more strong players in the same position? If the players are happy, respect each other and willing to play for each other, knowing that the position is not their unique property and that there will be times when they will be fighting to get the place, go for it Lennon.
    Exactly, we had practically no centre halfs at one stage this season

What's really lovely about all of this is the sheer amount of time the players will have together before the season starts. That's got to be a good thing, especially given the group of players who seem to have taken Hibs to their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Stokes is unreliable, Jason is never injured, so wouldn't think he'd be his replacement
    I just dont see lennon signing him to play alongside cummings or as a squad player

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Heard the same 5 minutes ago !
    Same source? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Whittaker

Ambrose

Marciano

All announced this week?

And still 2 months until season starts...
    I can't remember a season when we had so much of the team in place so early. Clearly rod not looking after the pennies.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Not sure if this is in reference to my earlier post, if it is then I did go on to say that you can never have enough good players and that he would strengthen the squad.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    Where's he gone?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Same source? 😂