Where's he gone?
    That made me laugh

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me tell me.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Motm in the 2007 League cup final for me.Surging runs and at least 3 assists. Most underated player of the 'golden generation' imo.

Would be delighted if this were true.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I can't remember a season when we had so much of the team in place so early. Clearly rod not looking after the pennies.lol.
    Been screaming for such for years. Long overdue and most welcome!!

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    imagining the player that left us minus some pace, but adding experience playing CL and EPL football, i'm pretty bloody excited about this. he was always a smart lad, and this side of his game will have only improved - he'll rip this division IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Think he could probably replace Humphrey as a right midfielder.

Left by mutual consent!
    My Celtic supporting colleague was giving me his usual summary of the football gossip one lunch time a few weeks ago. He said "I see Whittaker is linked with Hibs. You won't get him. Can't afford his wages." I told him to watch this space. I'd absolutely love to give him the big told you so next week! Personal point scoring aside this would be a wonderful signing. Exciting times if we pull this off.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    And here's me thinking that Humphreys was signed as an out and out winger. Turns out we didn't see enough of him to really find out.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I think he could. Not the paciest but could offer decent quality from there I think.

What I like about that is that he could sit in if SDM bombs forward.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    According to one particular fanny on JKB Whittaker definitely wanted to go to them but talks broke down regarding money!

As skint as they are, can't see us offering significantly more than them so clearly he didn't want to go to them!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I think he could. Not the paciest but could offer decent quality from there I think.

What I like about that is that he could sit in if SDM bombs forward.
    That's exactly where I would see that we two being used, same as Whittaker was used when playing with Hutton for Rangers and Scotland, one covers the other. Gray us fantastic at getting forward but it has left us a little exposed at the back when he dies, rather than limit his runs let's have a player in midfield who is adept at cover rb in those occasions. Also adds nice fluidity in our position for other teams to have to try counteract

Left by mutual consent!
    A guy on the Bounce, who has contacts in Whittaker's family, reckons it's a done deal.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We've been linked with Whittaker for quite a while now, certainly since before Gray's new contract was announced. If I was David Gray, if I heard that the club were possibly lining up a move for someone who plays in my position who is a relatively big name for the club to be signing then I would be asking for clarification on what my role was likely to be within the team.
    And I would reply that either you sign the contract or you don't.

You can't say to someone that he will always get his game irrespective of who we sign.

A manager could quit and the next manager might not fancy that player and sign someone else.

What would you expect David Gray to say, "aw I was told I would always be getting a game"?

You sign a contract to make yourself available for selection not to have it written in tablets of stone you get a game every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This is where I'm coming from. I can't get my head round the thoughts of some folk saying we shouldn't sign him or him because we've already got him etc. What's wrong with having more than two or more strong players in the same position? If the players are happy, respect each other and willing to play for each other, knowing that the position is not their unique property and that there will be times when they will be fighting to get the place, go for it Lennon.
    Always cracks me up that. "I don't see the point in signing quality player X because we already have quality player Y in the same position"

Errrrr I must have missed the memo that explains the disadvantage to having quality competition throughout the squad.

Great signing if true.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    Where's he gone?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    According to one particular fanny on JKB Whittaker definitely wanted to go to them but talks broke down regarding money!

As skint as they are, can't see us offering significantly more than them so clearly he didn't want to go to them!
    I think Hearts' (artificial) financial muscle is long gone. We are now in a position where we can offer significantly higher wages.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    A guy on the Bounce, who has contacts in Whittaker's family, reckons it's a done deal.
    Must be the same contacts I have.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    would be happy at this

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

You can't say to someone that he will always get his game irrespective of who we sign.

A manager could quit and the next manager might not fancy that player and sign someone else.

What would you expect David Gray to say, "aw I was told I would always be getting a game"?

You sign a contract to make yourself available for selection not to have it written in tablets of stone you get a game every week.
    I'm aware of that but if the club you're about to commit to for the next 2 years are rumoured to be signing a player that could put your place in the team in jeopardy then I would be asking Neil Lennon what he thought my role would be next season, considering I had been first choice for the past 3 seasons.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post

Whittaker has always spoken about potentially ending his career at Hibs and I've posted this on here a number of times over the years. Source? Steven himself.

However, we'll let the jambos cheer themselves up by convincing themselves it must be to do with money and not simply the fact that Hibs got under his skin and he fell in love with the club. Oh and is sensible enough to realise how much of a shambles they are

Watch how quickly he becomes not good enough for Hearts when they were touching themselves into a frenzy thinking he was going there.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Watch how quickly he becomes not good enough for Hearts when they were touching themselves into a frenzy thinking he was going there.
    The Whittaker thread seems to have been taken down

Apparently we can't pay more than hertz so we're increasing our debt again.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

Doubt we'd be offering that much more anyway.. Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Doubt we'd be offering that much more anyway.. Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.
    Nail hammer wallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Imagine meeting Lennon and talking football. Then meeting Cathro and Loser Levein to do likewise. No brainer. Done deal.
    Aye, but if you take away the football knowledge, there's not much between the managers.

David Gray's form wasn't great last year, some suggest it was because of the job he was being asked to do ? I am not so sure .. If we can bring Whittaker in it brings not only good competition but gives NL options to play a different shape if and when we need to change, Whittaker can also I believe play a few different roles, in midfield and defence, I think NL is building a strong squad that has good cover in all positions
    and they all want to be at Hibs ! We need to realise that who is coming in is part of a strong flexible squad ... David Gray nor Lewis Stevenson can rest on their past few years, the challenge is there to up their game ..though have to say I would like a natural left sided player in preferably to give Lewis competition as I think he will get targeted a lot next year in this league ... Definitely want Whitaker in as he will improve us a fair bit ..
    Last edited by eastcoasthibby; 05-06-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Great bit of business. Would still like to see us add some pace in the wide areas and another front man. I personally don't want stokes anywhere near ER at the moment. The lads is a class act but his heads all over the place and the baggage outweighs the positives for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

Because the Muppets know that right now, any decent, semi-intelligent footballer who has a choice between us and them, will pick us - it's not rocket-science !

We're on the 'Up' - thanks to 'Playing Within Your Means' they're on the 'Plummet' !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Because the Muppets know that right now, any decent, semi-intelligent footballer who has a choice between us and them, will pick us - it's not rocket-science !

We're on the 'Up' - thanks to 'Playing Within Your Means' they're on the 'Plummet' !
    I think it's simpler than that.

After meeting with Cathro, I think it was mutually decided that he simply wasn't intelligent enough and didn't have the right qualities. Playing in the premiership with Norwich and the Champions league with Rangers? I'm sorry but to meet the standards at Hearts you need to have a bit more about you.