hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hibs fans on Twitter

Really can't understand the abuse Simon Murray is getting.surely we must get behind anybody that pulls on a Hibs shirt.everyone deserves a second chance.hope he bangs in the goals for us 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

2. Log in to remove the advert

You need a scapegoat

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    What's the abuse for?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really can't understand the abuse Simon Murray is getting.surely we must get behind anybody that pulls on a Hibs shirt.everyone deserves a second chance.hope he bangs in the goals for us 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Can't imagine there are Hibs fans abusing a potential new signing. It's more likely to be bitter, jealous wee hearts gimps.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    They won't be proper fans.
    Twitter and Facebook provides a platform for thousands of losers with nothing of note going on in their lives to engage with those who do. They will be best ignored/blocked.

Is it people actually abusing him or voicing their own opinions on their personal page?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Everything is not as it first appears in the internet - and that's a direct quote from Abe Lincoln.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Disgraceful behaviour.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I looked at his twitter page but can't find anything. I don't think I'm doing this right......... can someone put a link so I can find it please?

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Is it people actually abusing him or voicing their own opinions on their personal page?

as far as i've seen its people simply saying he's not good enough. no abuse at all.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    as far as i've seen its people simply saying he's not good enough. no abuse at all.
    Yep, all i've seen. That and Dundee Utd fans saying they've had the deal of the century getting Keatings for him. I'll be making my judgement on him after a few games under his belt in a hibs top. Hopefully other fans will do the same

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    People saying how s***e he is and tagging him in the message so he can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    Yep, all i've seen. That and Dundee Utd fans saying they've had the deal of the century getting Keatings for him. I'll be making my judgement on him after a few games under his belt in a hibs top. Hopefully other fans will do the same
    I wouldn't say it's exactly the deal of the century, considering Murray scored 18 goals for them last season. However, given a choice, I would have been happier with the status quo if Keats had chosen to sign a new deal with us. His choice though was to leave, and whilst Murray signing doesn't exactly get the juices flowing in excitement, I still think he will score a few goals for us.

Cause some hibs fans are arse holes pretty simple. All clubs have them

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's exactly the deal of the century, considering Murray scored 18 goals for them last season. However, given a choice, I would have been happier with the status quo if Keats had chosen to sign a new deal with us. His choice though was to leave, and whilst Murray signing doesn't exactly get the juices flowing in excitement, I still think he will score a few goals for us.
    I just don't think Keatings and Murray are comparable.
    There were many games last season that Keatings was absolutely invisible. Utd fans may focus on things like his last minute goal against Falkirk but there was also plenty times he offered nothing.
    I'm personally looking forward to seeing Murray for hibs. He is a good member of the squad. I still believe we'll keep Cummings and sign another striker in the Holt mould so we will have some good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a fair few creepy Hibs fans on twitter so I can believe it, some of them really need to get a life.

If we are going to compare Murray and Keatings: Keatings has turned down the chance to move up to the PL knowing he needed to fight for his place, THREE times. I'd much rather have someone with Murray's attitude.

We just signed a big fast striker who has scored goals wherever he's been for nowt ....some fans are just cocks

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    We just signed a big fast striker who has scored goals wherever he's been for nowt ....some fans are just cocks
    we've also just signed a striker who fluffs a lot of chances when through one on one.

Dundee Utd fans will see the games where Keats has played well and think hes great, where he has some decent highlights, i.e against Falkirk or Raith at the end of the season. Shame that only happened 2 or 3 times last season. Rest he was invisible, hiding and offered little to nothing.

Murray may no be as good technically as Keats, but hes quicker, stronger and never hides. 18 goals and 12 assists in a poor Utd who suggest that theres something there.

Utd have lost Murray and Andreu, thats 40 goals they need to replace!! 40!! Goals scored to minutes played ratio Keats (198mins/goal) & Murray (195mins/goal) are similar, however, worth noting that Murray played 2000 more minutes than Keats, played in a team that finished 14 points behind us who scored 9 goals less than us.

Reckon we got the better deal overall. Keatings will always be a championship player, Murray has loads of room for improvement

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    we've also just signed a striker who fluffs a lot of chances when through one on one.
    Don't think there's a striker alive that hasn't done that at some point in his career. Maybe should be concentrating on the fact he gets in to that position so often, then work on his finishing.

Knowing quite a few Utd fans the reviews I've been given haven't inspired me in the slightest, but it's still harsh to give the guy stick before he's even kicked a ball. Hopefully proves them all wrong.

Don't think there's a striker alive that hasn't done that at some point in his career. Maybe should be concentrating on the fact he gets in to that position so often, then work on his finishing.
    just pointing out he's not a "natural finisher" like some are proclaiming him to be. He is coming in as a squad player. He will feature about the same amount of times as Graham has this season.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    A first chance would be nice never mind a second one.

How many chances did Cummings "fluff" in the championship? Remember Raith Rovers for example? Every striker does it. Let's support the lad ffs.

There's someone who has replied to the actual Hibs announcement he's s****, as Lennon's other signings have been. Like Ambrose.

Sheesh.

So does Jason Cummings, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    How many chances did Cummings "fluff" in the championship? Remember Raith Rovers for example? Every striker does it. Let's support the lad ffs.

Cummings is a far better player than Murray, scores more goals and is younger. I want Murray to do well but I'm not hopeful.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Some people just gotta have a boo boy, even before he's pulled on a Hibs shirt.