hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fa cup final.

Wonder if Terry will go full kit ****er to collect his losers medal?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

John Terry's coupon

He'll be on the #26 bus home shortly

Chelsea end now empty apart from the middle tier.

I take it that belongs to the "football family".

Why can't they just pass the cup along like the old days? Much better than this big group thing and let's every player get their moment.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can't they just pass the cup along like the old days? Much better than this big group thing and let's every player get their moment.
    That went the way of socks round the ankles.

Don't follow English teams but have a bit of a soft spot for the Arse. Wonder if Wenger will carry on and make another bit for 4th and CL slot and QF place?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Don't follow English teams but have a bit of a soft spot for the Arse. Wonder if Wenger will carry on and make another bit for 4th and CL slot and QF place?
    Decision on Tuesday. I still think he will stay on for two more years.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Shameful Chelsea exodus at the end - one of the greatest seasons in clubs history & the players go up to get their medals with almost everyone long gone on their way home.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Nae luck terry your face is priceless!!!

Wenger has had to take some stick this season.

Can hear it already

Meaningless trophy, no European qualification for winning it, Chelsea on the beach etc etc.

Thought Arsenal No 4 was MOM by a mile. First game this season!!

John Terry swanning about in a full kit at the end.

Please tell me he wasn't on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

I've really enjoyed both.
    Same here, two cracking finals

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

When Terry gets on the bus does he dress lile the driver

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

He was on the bench, but I can't help but think he's one of those roasters who wears full kit when having a kick about on the park with his pals.

@hibs.net private member
    FA Cup final was decent. Scottish was meh.

As for Wenger, Arsenal fans wanting him out for not winning trophies. He's just won his third FA Cup in four years. It's their national cup final. Yes it would have been nice to have won the league but they've been up against Alex Ferguson, the billionaire at Chelsea and now the billionaires at Man City. The Champions League argument is nonsense as they've never won the European Cup/Champions league so who do they think they are to demand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

As for Wenger, Arsenal fans wanting him out for not winning trophies. He's just won his third FA Cup in four years. It's their national cup final. Yes it would have been nice to have won the league but they've been up against Alex Ferguson, the billionaire at Chelsea and now the billionaires at Man City. The Champions League argument is nonsense as they've never won the European Cup/Champions league so who do they think they are to demand that.
    That is not why Arsenal fans want him out. They want him out because of the same consistent failings. It was accepted at first because of the stadium debt but now they are signing quality players (Ozil, Sanchez, Cech, Xhaka) and still having the same failings.

No one had won the champions league before they won the champions league so that statement makes no sense. I don't think you need to have won something to expect better than their recent European performances.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Aren't the Arsenal fans complaining about the fact they aren't competitive for the really big trophies, rather than thinking they have a divine right to win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Aren't the Arsenal fans complaining about the fact they aren't competitive for the really big trophies, rather than thinking they have a divine right to win anything.
    Wenger is one of the very few managers who have proved they can build a championship winning side, in his case one of the best ever. Wenger, or Ranieri come to that, should get plenty of banked credit for that, especially in Wengers case because of his incredible FACup haul. Judging by his interview yesterday though, i think he's going to walk.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Impressive for Arsenal to win their 3rd FA Cup in 4 years.

I think its also probably the right time for Wenger to leave on a high. Its been a long time since he has put together a team that was really capable of competing at the elite level, and theres more competition than ever in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    He was on the bench, but I can't help but think he's one of those roasters who wears full kit when having a kick about on the park with his pals.
    Damn, that's a shame :-D

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Lot of pish so far. A lot of crap on the park and **** atmosphere. Hope arsenal win
    I really enjoyed it, thought it was a great game. Wasn't bothered who won but happy for Wenger- no successful manager deserves to have protests against him during a game. So we'll done him.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Wenger is one of the very few managers who have proved they can build a championship winning side, in his case one of the best ever. Wenger, or Ranieri come to that, should get plenty of banked credit for that, especially in Wengers case because of his incredible FACup haul. Judging by his interview yesterday though, i think he's going to walk.
    Totally agree with every word of that. I think he'll walk too, and he doesn't owe anybody anything.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Its all about me is what I get from JT.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's why I don't understand mid table teams like Stoke and Southampton playing weakened teams. Surely a day like today and a trophy in the cabinet is better than finishing 10th instead of 12th?
    I agree they have a chance in the FA cup yet drop players.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I agree they have a chance in the FA cup yet drop players.
    Money. What else matters in that league?
    A decent cup run V Risk of finishing in the bottom three. Sad, huh.

Sadly the FA cup is now a consolation prize in English football and that's being kind. It's an after thought for the bigger teams. English football is so warped by money and greed the only way teams would give it the respect it deserves would be if there was a champions league place avaliable by winning it and it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Give me the Scottish version any time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Sadly the FA cup is now a consolation prize in English football and that's being kind. It's an after thought for the bigger teams. English football is so warped by money and greed the only way teams would give it the respect it deserves would be if there was a champions league place avaliable by winning it and it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Give me the Scottish version any time.
    No it's still a much sought after trophy that the bigger teams want to win. It's one of two domestic cup comps up for grabs and the big teams want to win it hence the reason the small teams very rarely do.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Just read the result. Delighted Arsenal won. Delighted Chelspew lost. Delighted John Terry had a miserable day in his permastrip. A Carlsberg English Cup Final for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No it's still a much sought after trophy that the bigger teams want to win. It's one of two domestic cup comps up for grabs and the big teams want to win it hence the reason the small teams very rarely do.
    It's definitely lost its value though, SH. The big club would rather finish fourth, and qualify for the Champions League, than win the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post

I think there are one group of clubs who consider top four more important and another group who's main priority is staying in the top flight and on the gravy train. You would definitely see weakened teams for the cup matches if it interfered with league matches that had an important bearing on their league position. I think the final would be the only game which doesn't apply because that's the final match of the season so there's no harm in fielding your strongest team.

I've no doubt players and managers love Wembley appearances and medals but they don't call the shots nowadays. It's the billionaire owners and investors that do and it's all about the spondoolicks. It's sad but top four finishes and last day survivals are the new domestic "trophies".

I love the FA cup myself and hate seeing it lose its credibility in any way. A champions league place is the only way to get clubs to consider it a real priority again. It's made people take notice of the UEFA cup place so why not? Bin the fourth place slot.