hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only one team exceeded expectations on the Scottish Championship this season. Greenock Morton.

The guy's a dick but I've no issue with him winning this award
    Surely Dumbarton exceeded expectations as well?

Part time club, smallest fanbase and probably the smallest budget in the division as well. They pretty much secured their survival with a game to spare. I think they deserve to get a bit of recognition for what they've done this past year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Surely Dumbarton exceeded expectations as well?

Part time club, smallest fanbase and probably the smallest budget in the division as well. They pretty much secured their survival with a game to spare. I think they deserve to get a bit of recognition for what they've done this past year.
    Morton went something like 364 days without a home loss. Dumbarton had a great season and im sure their remit was to finish above the drop zone and they managed that on goal difference. I do highly rate their manager though

For a while we spoke about morton as our closest rivals for the title. That speaks volume imo

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I missed this yesterday and there doesn't appear to be a thread on here about it. Jim Duffy has been voted Championship Manager of the Year after finishing 4th with Morton. That after getting pumped out the play-offs at the first stage.

Seems to be a case of his pals in the weegie media voting for him. Lennon or Ray McKinnon should have won it IMO. Considering the mess McKinnon inherited at United he's done really well to get them within a game of an immediate return to the Premiership.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/20161...orton-manager/

Wtf !!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    With luck Houston will be part of the commentary team at the play off on on Sunday so he can fully explain how lack of resources and budget prevented him winning what would have been a very well deserved honour.

Aye, right............
    Or how their average attendace is double that of Hamilton's.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I personally felt Jack Ross deserved it. When he took over St Mirren, the team were pretty much relegated and confidence very low. He seemed to galvanise the whole club when he walked in and they went on that great run of form towards safety.

Also helped us win the league by beating Morton 4-1 away from home in midweek and drawing with Falkirk on the weekend we beat QOTS to be confirmed as champions. 😎