hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Famous

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Just call them The Infamous, as I do. Their litany of shame in recent years is some record.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're being honest it's probably very even. Anecdotally, I've met people abroad who've heard of Hearts and not Hibs, and vice versa. Still think we should be making a much bigger effort to target tourists.
    Yes. To be fair the Celtc shop at Glasgow Airport must be a tourist trap to any foreigner wanting to take something footbally away with them even if they (the tourists) have no affiliation with any specific UK team.
    There must be a huge untapped market in N. America and Asia. How how about giving Free live HibsTV to a Beijing TV station, or the like?
    I'm sure a wee sprat like that would catch a hellava lot of oriental mackerel esp. for merchandise and visitors on holiday here, etc.
    Last edited by snooky; 24-05-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Only hearts fan I can think of in a movie is from Irvine Welsh's Filth, where the sick disgusting copper is a hearts fan
    Great ending tho!

To be fair to them, if it's a 'Google War' then they do have a hard name to remember.
    I mean, if their owners can't remember the name then why should Google?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...-them-1-991095

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    We're more well known outside Edinburgh as the Edinburgh football team than the Midlothians are.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    This will upset a lot of Leithers, as they will tell you that Hibs are not an Edinburgh team, they're "frae Leith"!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This will upset a lot of Leithers, as they will tell you that Hibs are not an Edinburgh team, they're "frae Leith"!!!!!
    I'm leith born so I agree

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Only hearts fan I can think of in a movie is from Irvine Welsh's Filth, where the sick disgusting copper is a hearts fan
    The Yam captain in the book, who gets a crowd of 2k for his testimonial is called Tom Stronach IIRC. See if you can work out the anagram!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Despite their true nature being exposed in their 'Creditor's list'
    Never was an apostrophe more inappropriately placed!
    THE HUN OF MIDLOTHIAN !
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Or

HMRC

Heart of Midlothian Rangers Club.
    Of Tynecastlegreyskull.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The Yam captain in the book, who gets a crowd of 2k for his testimonial is called Tom Stronach IIRC. See if you can work out the anagram!
    Easy. It's the ailment that kept Potter out of the title-winning side at Dens in 1986, isn't it?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Did a google trends for Hibernian FC v Heart of Midlothian FC.

The Famous

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

The Famous yam:
    Maybe you should have tried HOMFC

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Famous indeed and rightly so

For

robbing local businesses
    robbing local charities
    And many more

Best one and this for all those looking in

THE LADY HAIG POPPY FUND!

So they are indeed entitled to the Famous tag and imho for all the right reasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

The Famous
    Class, look at the spike after the cup win.

Its cringworthy. A truly famous team shouldn't need to constantly tell people they are famous.

They remind me of a small angry man that nobody likes trying to be heard in a crowd.

Really don't know where this comes from i have been attending derbies for nearly fifty years and know several Jambos never once heard them referred to as the Famous other than on here. Maybe am deaf

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Class, look at the spike after the cup win.
    They spike at the publication of their creditors list and lately because the brave experiment is such a twonk. Sounds like a dig, it is, but its also true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Really don't know where this comes from i have been attending derbies for nearly fifty years and know several Jambos never once heard them referred to as the Famous other than on here. Maybe am deaf
    Heard it a few times down the years. It's another comfort blanket I guess. See reference to the yam using it on post 4 above for example.

Whether they are "famous" or not in their own minds it's their recent deeds of infamy that define them for me.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I read a bit by Irvine a few years back saying he the character was such a bad person that he could never have made him a hibs fan, so Hearts it was

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Famous indeed and rightly so

For

robbing local businesses
    robbing local charities
    And many more

Best one and this for all those looking in

THE LADY HAIG POPPY FUND!

So they are indeed entitled to the Famous tag and imho for all the right reasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well kent in Scotland for their cheating ways.

Outside of Scotland, I'm afraid very few people are aware of this sorry tale. If they are known for anything at all, it's for their double fail in 1986.

They sometimes feature as an example of 'famous football collapses'.

Of course this might explain the obsession with the 'Hibs'd it' phrase. The maroon club are known bottlers.

Left by mutual consent!
    A couple of my jambo mates use it non-ironically. It's really bizarre.

My favourite of these hertz phrases is "not in my lifetime" in reference to our cup record. Unlucky lads.

My Jambo nephew uses the 'Famous' term when referring to the Jam Farts. Think it's only since they cheated their way to winning that cup. Funnily enough he hasn't posted much since May last year.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Its cringworthy. A truly famous team shouldn't need to constantly tell people they are famous.

They remind me of a small angry man that nobody likes trying to be heard in a crowd.
    Wee Man Syndrome
    Wee Team Syndrome

How many views has WW1 got think we might be beaten there?

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    How many views has WW1 got think we might be beaten there?
    Forgot they're famous for winning that all by themselves

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    well kent in scotland for their cheating ways.

Outside of scotland, i'm afraid very few people are aware of this sorry tale. If they are known for anything at all, it's for their double fail in 1986.

They sometimes feature as an example of 'famous football collapses'.

Of course this might explain the obsession with the 'hibs'd it' phrase. The maroon club are known jambottlers.
    ftfy.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

As they've ripped off the 'famous' from our 'Famous Five' we should start calling ourselves 'the terrible' after...maybe not.

It had to happen ..... Latest news from the Yam's new stand thread showing pictures of the outside of our main stand and comparing it unfavourably to what theirs will look like.

Typical Yams, apart from the fact that the front of our main stand is perfectly acceptable, are they too stupid to ask the question: why the hell would you spend a fortune on the aesthetics of a building the front of which cant be seen from anywhere apart from the car park directly outside of it and has no passing through traffic to 'wonder' at it? ...... what a bloody pointless waste of money that would be.

If the Yams are indeed 'famous' then its for the same reasons as Joey Essex is famous

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It had to happen ..... Latest news from the Yam's new stand thread showing pictures of the outside of our main stand and comparing it unfavourably to what theirs will look like.

Typical Yams, apart from the fact that the front of our main stand is perfectly acceptable, are they too stupid to ask the question: why the hell would you spend a fortune on the aesthetics of a building the front of which cant be seen from anywhere apart from the car park directly outside of it and has no passing through traffic to 'wonder' at it? ...... what a bloody pointless waste of money that would be.

If the Yams are indeed 'famous' then its for the same reasons as Joey Essex is famous
    Do you think they realise we have actually built, completed the internal fitting of and paid for ours? right?

If I were them I'd dig out the cardboard boxes full of plans for the megasuperhotelstadium Romanov told them to believe he was building, it sounded very big.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Do you think they realise we have actually built, completed the internal fitting of and paid for ours? right?

If I were them I'd dig out the cardboard boxes full of plans for the megasuperhotelstadium Romanov told them to believe he was building, it sounded very big.
    What .... you mean when you build a main stand you have to have the money to fit out the INSIDE as well??? .... Not if the outside looks nice surely

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Although there are other examples of curved-glass curtain architecture out there, such as office and leisure spaces, I would certainly say that this design will be unique to Scottish football. It will truly stand out as a modern landmark within the game.

I have no doubt we'll be very proud of it once it's all done.

When this structure is completely finished and ready, it will become the shining light of how our club came back from the absolute brink of going out of existence, to going forward to be one of the top football clubs in Scotland again.
    We could never have imagined this happening, when kids were emptying their piggy banks to help keep us alive.
    It's not finished pal...

The Yams are doing themselves a disservice ..... apart from having a main stand that will look suspiciously like the outside of the TESCO in Galashiels, from which point of view it will certainly be unique to Scottish football, if not Scottish shopping:

They will also be unique to Scotland's bigger clubs in having corporate facilities that don't actually give a view of the inside of the stadium and a new stand with dozens of seats from which you cant see the whole of the pitch because of the police control box.

Yup ...... unique it is