hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Berra Signs for Hearts

NHC Good signing for them

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Is that official now? Been doing the rounds for a while but can't see anything to confirm.

Not seen him play in ages but good signing if true, although I'd fancy us to run rings around their ancient centre halves next year!

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    He's a mistake maker...good signing for them.

Poor touch, zero pace and a head like a 50p when heading a ball. Poor, poor player and how he got as many international caps as he has I'll never know.

Berra and Hughes at the back will be a dream from any pacy attack next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...erra-1-4454736

Donkey. He has signed one of Hearts' famous 3 year deals as well, no doubt as one of their highest earners.

He's played at a good level for a long time. Always got a game at Ipswich so can't be that bad.

Not saying he's a world beater because I know he's not that, but he'll do well up here.
    Last edited by CorrieHibs; 23-05-2017 at 03:04 PM.

😂😂😂

I'm delighted with this. He's horrific!

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No it's not, he's hopeless and Ipswich fans wanted well shot. He has zero pace as well. I'll be first to say if they sign a good player but Berra is absolutely brutal.

Decent player who will be steady enough in the SPFL. Jambos will make out they have signed a great centre half and some folk will say that he is absolutely terrible and a liabiity , I would say he is somewhere in between.

Hypothetically if he was at Hibs he would be behind McGregor , Hanlon and Ambrose (if he returns) in the pecking order but ahead of Fontaine and Forster.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I think he'll be a good signing for them.

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    If we signed him i would be like ffs , slow as a week in the jail and seen milk turn quicker so having said that he is a fantastic signing for them ..

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Decent player who will be steady enough in the SPFL. Jambos will make out they have signed a great centre half and some folk will say that he is absolutely terrible and a liabiity , I would say he is somewhere in between. Hypothetically if he was at Hibs he would be behind McGregor , Hanlon and Ambrose (if he returns) in the pecking order but ahead of Fontaine and Forster.
    I would agree with most of that however I would say Fonts is Defo not worse than Berra.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    32 year old on a 3 year deal
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I really don't see why people on here are so delighted by this. He has made loads of appearances at a far higher level than he is moving back to. He has x amount of caps and whilst he is no world beater he is still only 32 and I think he will be an excellent signing for them. He knows the club, i would imagine he will be made captain and will have a real galvanising effect on their fans.

Seems to have played regularly for Ipswich all season.

I can only comment on what i've saw, which has been his performances for Scotland and he has been terrible. And from what i've saw, Hanlon, Fonts, Daz are all as good/better

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    I really don't see why people on here are so delighted by this. He has made loads of appearances at a far higher level than he is moving back to. He has x amount of caps and whilst he is no world beater he is still only 32 and I think he will be an excellent signing for them. He knows the club, i would imagine he will be made captain and will have a real galvanising effect on their fans.
    Coz he's rotten.

Remember Kirk Broadfoot has also played at a higher level than the SPFL.

He is very slow. Great signing for us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Wow, didn't see that one coming😄

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He's an improvement on what they have but a 3 year deal seems odd.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

To be fair he's better than they have. (Not saying much.) But he's nearly 33 and a three year contract would seem a dodgy deal unless they have coaching ambitions for him.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    32 ? is that herts starting to go for youths now

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Presume he'll be their new captain

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    No it's not, he's hopeless and Ipswich fans wanted well shot. He has zero pace as well. I'll be first to say if they sign a good player but Berra is absolutely brutal.
    Berra will easily be one of the best centre backs in the league. He's played a lot of games for Ipswich and is fit as a fiddle. Will definitely improve Hearts.

Hibs currently have the best batch of defenders as I've seen in 25 odd years watching. Wouldn't swap any of them but Berra is a similar standard to our guys.

Wouldn't have him over any of our centre backs but decent signing

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Unsure why so many posters seem to think that 32 is an old age for a footballer.

Any sort of pace and he's screwed. Ask him about his game against Licoln City in the FA Cup. Theo Robinson tore him a new one with his pace.

He's better than they have therefore he's a good signing.

I do think he'd be our 5th choice behind McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine and Forster, 6th if we get Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    He's played at a good level for a long time. Always got a game at Ipswich so can't be that bad.

Not saying he's a world beater because I know he's not that, but he'll do well up here.

Ipswich are rancid. Watched Berra a few months back against Lincoln in the cup and he put in one of the worst performances ive seen in quite some time. I have no idea why hes in the Scotland squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Berra will easily be one of the best centre backs in the league. He's played a lot of games for Ipswich and is fit as a fiddle. Will definitely improve Hearts.

Hibs currently have the best batch of defenders as I've seen in 25 odd years watching. Wouldn't swap any of them but Berra is a similar standard to our guys.
    I don't buy into "because he's played championship football he's good." Ipswich were awful and he was part of it. Just check the fans reaction and it will tell you all you need to know. He's miles behind all our defenders.