hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just caught up with last nights.

The phone GPS, the boyfriend being seen in the area, his history of violence and the plauaible explanation for the DNA are all grounds for reasonable doubt as it stands imo.

Certainly more relevant points than 'I like him' or 'he's very articulate'. Seems half the jury are judging on personalities rather than facts. I could believe he did it but has it been proven conclusively thus far? Not for ne.
    The fact that the guy was an ex policeman makes e think he knew exactly what he was doing when he put his phone on airplane mode.
    At this point I'd say that there's too many doubts for a guilty verdict

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

2. Log in to remove the advert

Glad the foreman shut down all the personal stuff. It was all irrelevant nonsense and flew in the face of what the judge instructed. One persons workmate being killed by an abusive partner has no bearing on the case at hand.

It's strange because if it was gut instinct I've probably started to lean towards guilty. Based on the case presented, or the parts we have seen, however I think not guilty would be the 'correct' answer. I don't think the prosecution presented a good enough case to banish reasonable doubt.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar

Glad the foreman shut down all the personal stuff. It was all irrelevant nonsense and flew in the face of what the judge instructed. One persons workmate being killed by an abusive partner has no bearing on the case at hand.

It's strange because if it was gut instinct I've probably started to lean towards guilty. Based on the case presented, or the parts we have seen, however I think not guilty would be the 'correct' answer. I don't think the prosecution presented a good enough case to banish reasonable doubt.
    Hurry up and watch tonight's.

Interesting ending. Not sure of the need to gender politicise it to an extent at the end though.

Ultimately I began to think he was guilty but I don't think the prosecution presented a particularly strong case, certainly not bulletproof. The only other reasonable suspect we were aware off was also a male and also showed glimpses of abuse so I don't believe my seeing flaws in the case was because the victim was a woman and the defendant a man. I believed it was one off them and didn't much like either. Even knowing the outcome based on the evidence we were given I'd still have voted not guilty.

Overall the whole show was an imperfect but interesting insight into trial by jury showing both it's flaws and it's strengths.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Interesting ending. Not sure of the need to gender politicise it to an extent at the end though.

Ultimately I began to think he was guilty but I don't think the prosecution presented a particularly strong case, certainly not bulletproof. The only other reasonable suspect we were aware off was also a male and also showed glimpses of abuse so I don't believe my seeing flaws in the case was because the victim was a woman and the defendant a man. I believed it was one off them and didn't much like either. Even knowing the outcome based on the evidence we were given I'd still have voted not guilty.

Overall the whole show was an imperfect but interesting insight into trial by jury showing both it's flaws and it's strengths.
    I definitely could not have convicted based on the evidence. I reckon they probably filmed two different scenarios and had he been found guilty, they'd have shown the other one.

I still think looking at Motive, Lewis had more motive than Simon.