hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I really fancy Black Corton in the Kauto Star/Feltham. Bryony Frost is a really good, young jockey. Bit of a pity she can’t use her claim in a Grade 1 though. The only downside if he does win is that insufferable prick Jeremy Kyle owns a share in the horse.
    This one could go to any of the first five in the betting really. Black Corton appears to have as good a chance as any of the other four to be the winner no doubt about that. Ballyoptic just shades it for me though not by very much but certainly in with a decent shout too.

Thistlecrack and Ballyoptic my two main bets for tomorrow.

Good luck to all having a wager on Boxing Day.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Horse Racing (General)

I still have reservations about Thistlecrack being the same horse after the Cotswold Chase but if he does still have the constitution he should be close in this. Good luck to All today

Last edited by Magnus; 26-12-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I still have reservations about Thistlecrack being the same horse after the Cotswold Chase but if he does still have the constitution he should be close in this. Good luck to All today

I’ve changed my mind and gone for Thistlecrack as well. Last time out he ran very well until he understandably tired in the latter stages. I think Tom Scudamore just looked after him after that and never really rode him out properly. I think The King George Might always be his cup final as I’m not convinced he gets the Gold Cup trip over fences. Much as I loved Many Clouds he never really threatened to win a Grade 1 and he outstayed and outfought Thistlecrack in the Cotswold. Admittedly it’s hard to know how much better Many Clouds was after his wind operation and he certainly looked an even better horse last season before his unfortunate end.

There’s just too many question marks over Might Bite to take him at the price imo and I still need to be convinced BDM will run as well on the better ground today. For me the value bet could be Tea For Two each way. With no Coneygree I can see Daryl Jacob try to take up the running on BDM and if it turns into a bit of a fight for the lead it wouldn’t shock me to see a few fall away late on and Tea For Two grab a place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Bristol de Mai for me at 7/2

Black Corton wins well. Lovely start to my betting day at 4/1.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Good call

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    doesyourdogbite, 3:40@kempton

Absolutely zero knowledge of anything remotely horsey.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    doesyourdogbite, 3:40@kempton

Absolutely zero knowledge of anything remotely horsey.

I backed Thistlecrack, but I have to say I was really impressed with Might Bite, winning the King George first time out. Before the race there were a lot of ifs and buts about the contenders- Might Bite first time out, was Thistlecrack back to his best, did Fox Norton need the extra distance, would Bristol De Mai like the ground, and so on. I thought most of those questions were answered, although Whisper was very disappointing. Good race won by a very good horse.

For me the value bet could be Tea For Two each way.
    Good stuff. Early pace did find a few of them out

4 horsey bets

20 Mia's Storm Fell
    20 Bredon Hill Lad 7/2 win
    10ew on whatever it was called Koeman 3rd @ Leop
    £ 4 treble from sat, spurs ht-ft, Juve ht-ft and Might Bite.

footy did well too, if Derby had won i'd be a bit excited.

Left by mutual consent!

Good shout mate. Stayed on stoutly, a deserved winner.

Thislecrack ran well considering. If he'd had one more warm up before this it could have made the difference but in saying that Mightbite was a worthy winner who won with a bit in hand and justified the short ante price.

Roll on Cheltenham.

Cannae see Might Bite winning the GC, if Sizing John wins over the holiday season its game over.

Had one bet and it was a chunky single on Might Bite. Didn’t see the race due to the time difference in Oz but seemed gritty if not spectacular?

Hope Thistlecrack can come back to his best but the GC shaping up to be a cracker. Might Bite and Sizing John the big 2 with Native River, Yorkill and Thistlecrack a decent supporting cast.

Decent enough day yesterday for me. Had 3 bets; Black Corton to win, Thistlecrack to win and Tea For Two each way so a healthy enough profit.

The King George played out much as I expected. BDM trying to turn it into a real stamina test and a couple of the other big names trying to go with him after about a circuit. Yet again I thought Thistlecrack ran well enough for a long spell but whether he is the same horse is now seriously up for debate. As the big guns fell away I was pretty confident I was getting a return from Tea For Two and so it proved. I was impressed enough with Might Bite, he had a lot of good horses quite a way behind him and still seemed to have plenty in the tank, he did slow up after the last but I think he was just lonely and idling more than anything.

I’m not sure the the Gold Cup picture is any clearer after it but I’m not sure this King George was ever going to be a great pointer. A few of the big players missing, going the opposite way on a flat track on soft winter ground couldn’t really be more different from Cheltenham. If I was in a position where I had to place a bett now I’d probably stick with Sizing John. Depending how things pan out I’d fancy Might Bite more for 2019.

Left by mutual consent!
    Was looking forward to the Welsh Grand National today and would have had a speculative bet on Vicente however its been called off due to the weather and rescheduled for a week on Saturday 6th January.

Black Corton back in his stable this morning with a well done card to greet him. Pretty big shoes to fill in that particular box on Nicholls 'Millionaires Row'. Denman is enjoying his retirement two along, Kauto Star had the box one along and the other side had Neptune Collonges and Big Buck's at one time.FB_IMG_1514373294860.jpg

Sizing John v Yorkhill at Leapordstown at 3 today. Be interesting to see how that pans out or whether Djakadam or any of the Gigginstown contingent can land a blow.

Horrible fall for Nicholls Canyon in the Christmas Hurdle that is being reported as having been fatal. Stayers Hurdle winner in March. Tough sport at times.

Road to Repsect wins the Lexus. Sizing John well beaten and never really got going, Yorkhills effort wasn't great either. 123 for Gigginstown and they had 5 of the 1st 6 all told.

Gold Cup looks wide open.

Day goes from bad to worse. Zabana also fatally injured in the 3.00 and Sizing John had the vet called and was found to be 'clinically abnormal'. Nothing official yet but the social media specualtion is not positive.

Day goes from bad to worse. Zabana also fatally injured in the 3.00 and Sizing John had the vet called and was found to be 'clinically abnormal'. Nothing official yet but the social media specualtion is not positive.
    Robbie Power reported saying he should be fine for Cheltenham. Would be interesting to hear what clinically abnormal actually meant.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Robbie Power reported saying he should be fine for Cheltenham. Would be interesting to hear what clinically abnormal actually meant.
    Jessica Harrington said he had hyperthermia and was fine once he was cooled down. Yards strike rate is 0-27 in the last 2 weeks so wouldn't surprise me if there's a virus in the yard that he had picked up. Don't really understand why he wasn't pulled up if the jockey immediately reported he had never been travelling and wasn't right.

The Gold Cup picture doesnae get any clearer, watched the KG again this morning and still cannae decide if Might Bite was idling in front after the last or not. The proximity of the 2nd/3rd horses is cause for concern as is Sizing Johns run.

Faugheen pulled up, was never going.

Think he's finished now.

Faugheen pulled up, was never going.

Think he's finished now.
    Its been a terrible couple of days over at Leopardstown.
    Hope he does make it back. Will be a pretty poor CH without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Will be a pretty poor CH without him.
    Whilst its a shame, i'm pretty sure that won't be true.

At the end of the day Might Bite did what was expected of him, Sizing John, for whatever reason, didn't. I reckon Thistlecrack still has plenty of improvement in him and will definitely be a strong contender for the Gold Cup, but people should also remember that was Might Bite's first run this season, he will get stronger and fitter. I suppose some will quite rightly point out the jumping error he made last season, but as it stands at the moment I don't think any other horse has shown comparable form so far. Just my opinion though, and a lot could change between now and March.

Apart from the Sandown race in Nov?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    At the end of the day Might Bite did what was expected of him, Sizing John, for whatever reason, didn't. I reckon Thistlecrack still has plenty of improvement in him and will definitely be a strong contender for the Gold Cup, but people should also remember that was Might Bite's first run this season, he will get stronger and fitter. I suppose some will quite rightly point out the jumping error he made last season, but as it stands at the moment I don't think any other horse has shown comparable form so far. Just my opinion though, and a lot could change between now and March.
    Pretty much my thoughts regarding Might Bite and Thistlecrack. I thought Thistlecrack ran a decent race considering the long lay off since injury and the poor run on his comeback. Might Bite did win a shade cosily though and is definitely the one to beat however we all know anything can happen in horse-racing on the day. Just have to look at Bristol de mai who I doubt anyone thought would have been beaten off quite so quickly.