hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. 11 chase wins since 2010.

One to find, Gigginstown, trained by Gordon Elliot, French name.....
    Lol Well I've looked through the Elliott ones, none of them that I can see have won 10. The only De Bromhead ones are Valseur Lido and Petit Mouchoir, it's neither of them. Really frustrating, but great question PB, really got me thinking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Good day for me. Tenner each way acc on

De Bruyne Horse
    G K Chesterton
    Highland Reel
    Enable

£2300 back

Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Lol Well I've looked through the Elliott ones, none of them that I can see have won 10. The only De Bromhead ones are Valseur Lido and Petit Mouchoir, it's neither of them. Really frustrating, but great question PB, really got me thinking.
    The answer is Roi Du Mee.

I spent, quite literally, hours trying to work it out.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Anyone heading to Musselburgh for Edinburgh Cup day today? Aa good a place as any to watch the Derby I think. Looking forward to it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Predictions for the Derby? I've now watched a replay of the race with Cracksman and Permian several times, I just can't make my mind up about them. I think they'll probably stay, but it was really close, and I don't really think Bay of Poets, who was a close 3rd, is good enough to win a Derby really, so I'm stuck for a bet! Seemed more about speed than staying power that race, but we'll see.

Predictions for the Derby? I've now watched a replay of the race with Cracksman and Permian several times, I just can't make my mind up about them. I think they'll probably stay, but it was really close, and I don't really think Bay of Poets, who was a close 3rd, is good enough to win a Derby really, so I'm stuck for a bet! Seemed more about speed than staying power that race, but we'll see.
    I think I'll be siding with Cracksman. I thought his beating of Permian was good form and the latter winning the Dante, statistically the best indicator for the Derby in recent years, franks that.

All the noises from his camp are positive and his gallop at Epsom last week looked good, if you put any faith in that.

Cracksman for me..

Well, I never saw THAT coming...40/1 shot wins.

Another bubble burst, Churchill well beaten in the St James Palace.

The racing club I'm a member of has just taken a seasons lease on the horse in the pictures. Unraced 6 years old gelding by Kings Theatre (sire of Cue Card, Menorah, The New One) and out of Ring of Water (dam of Minella Forfitness and Minella Theatre). We are quite excited by this one. In training with Paul Henderson

ring minella.jpgring minella 2.jpg

The racing club I'm a member of has just taken a seasons lease on the horse in the pictures. Unraced 6 years old gelding by Kings Theatre (sire of Cue Card, Menorah, The New One) and out of Ring of Water (dam of Minella Forfitness and Minella Theatre). We are quite excited by this one. In training with Paul Henderson

ring minella.jpgring minella 2.jpg
    Good luck, I take it he's a jumper?

Good luck, I take it he's a jumper?
    Yep, not been without his problems. Was bought for £27K as a 2 year old but had a few injury issues.

Hopefully all behind him and he was certainly bred with serious intent. He's not going to go running in Grade 1s but he'll give us a bit of fun for a year and we'll see how it goes from there. Plan at the moment is to get a bumper under his belt and then go hurdling with a view to going chasing long term. If he does well I dare say that will be in the colours of his owner rather than us though.

Yep, not been without his problems. Was bought for £27K as a 2 year old but had a few injury issues.

Hopefully all behind him and he was certainly bred with serious intent. He's not going to go running in Grade 1s but he'll give us a bit of fun for a year and we'll see how it goes from there. Plan at the moment is to get a bumper under his belt and then go hurdling with a view to going chasing long term. If he does well I dare say that will be in the colours of his owner rather than us though.
    Great news mate, hope you all have a lot of fun with him. I always think back to the likes of Mysilv when she was running for Elite Racing, another syndicate made of ordinary punters like you and I. what a great wee horse she was too. Plenty of other good horses have run and are still running for syndicates like yours. And of course there's that film about Dream Alliance.

Frustrated punter rant: Whenever I back 1 of Weld's horses it gets beat and then out of the blue he'll get a winner in some big race and he's hailed as a brilliant trainer. I'll back it in it's next race and it'll get beat. Again. Really annoying!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Frustrated punter rant: Whenever I back 1 of Weld's horses it gets beat and then out of the blue he'll get a winner in some big race and he's hailed as a brilliant trainer. I'll back it in it's next race and it'll get beat. Again. Really annoying!
    Pretty Polly stakes I'm guessing. That winner though was hugely impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Pretty Polly stakes I'm guessing. That winner though was hugely impressive.
    Yep, it was a good performance the winner. I just never seem to get Weld's horses right.

Got the winner in the Eclipse! close thing though. Quite a dirty race too.

Good performance by Enable, looks a top class filly after winning the King George. I would say that the weight for age thing in racing is a bit of a joke, the four year olds were carrying a stone more than she was, but thems the rules and that's just how it is.

Good performance by Enable, looks a top class filly after winning the King George. I would say that the weight for age thing in racing is a bit of a joke, the four year olds were carrying a stone more than she was, but thems the rules and that's just how it is.
    Not had a look at the prices but I'm assuming she's vying for favoritism for the Arc with Almanzour? That would be some match up.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Not had a look at the prices but I'm assuming she's vying for favoritism for the Arc with Almanzour? That would be some match up.
    2/1 apparentely, Almanzor 3/1 and 7/2 in places. Almanzor's not been out this season yet, but you're right, it would be some race. Japanese horses are quite high up in the Arc betting again, but it's usually quite hard to work out their form. Can't see Enable ever running under a mile and a half, There's a lot of better horses over a mile/mile and a quarter than mile and a half. Gosden was talking about the Yorkshire Oaks as well.

Another great performance in the Nassau by Winter. but performance of the day must surely be Billesdon Brook in the race after. I've never seen a performance like that before. Great stuff.

Enable now FAV for the Arc after a very dominant performance from the front in The Yorkshire Oaks.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Enable now FAV for the Arc after a very dominant performance from the front in The Yorkshire Oaks.
    She looks the business.

Must have been a wee bit lonely out in front for so long and it almost looked like she was waiting on the other horses between 2 and 3 furlongs out. When Dettori asked her though the response was superb. From about a furlong to go she could have slowed to a trot and still won.

I think she'd get the St Leger distance tbh as there looks plenty in the tank but the Arc is the race that makes sense and with a good draw she's a serious contender.

Bit of an upset as Marsha beat Lady Aurelia. Don't think Lady A lost anything in defeat and would probably back her in any rematch. Not sure what Frankie was up to at the end. How could he think it wasn't close?

That was my only bet and pretty gutted as 2 furlongs out I thought it was sewn up!

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Bit of an upset as Marsha beat Lady Aurelia. Don't think Lady A lost anything in defeat and would probably back her in any rematch. Not sure what Frankie was up to at the end. How could he think it wasn't close?

That was my only bet and pretty gutted as 2 furlongs out I thought it was sewn up!
    Seen a few people querying the photo on Twitter but it's indisputable and only confirmed what I saw in real time. Marsha was a pretty clear winner as far as photo finishes go.

Also sad that a lot of folks first reaction to Dabans injury was to moan about not getting their bets refunded. She started the race, took a bad step early on, went wrong and was potentially seriously injured (it may yet prove fatal). I don't understand why anyone would think they are entitled to a refund.

IMO Enable is, purely and simply, a brilliant mile and a half horse, and thoroughly deserves her place at the head of the Arc betting. She probably does stay the St Leger distance, but I do fancy Capri for the St Leger so we'll see. The mile and a quarter horses, again IMO, look a lot better than the mile and a half ones with the exception of Enable, and Shutter Speed, who beat Enable over a mile and a quarter, was beaten out of sight by Ulysses, Churchill, Barney Roy etc at York so Enable should stick to at least a mile and a half in my opinion.

Seen a few people querying the photo on Twitter but it's indisputable and only confirmed what I saw in real time. Marsha was a pretty clear winner as far as photo finishes go.

Also sad that a lot of folks first reaction to Dabans injury was to moan about not getting their bets refunded. She started the race, took a bad step early on, went wrong and was potentially seriously injured (it may yet prove fatal). I don't understand why anyone would think they are entitled to a refund.
    Yeah, my mate who was at York was pretty angry about Daban then changed his tune once he realised what happened. Hopefully more people will feel the same now.

Some good news anyway, had Capri ante-post at 8/1 for the St Leger

Some good news anyway, had Capri ante-post at 8/1 for the St Leger
    Another Galileo Group 1 success.

He's 20 in January so getting on, Coolmore will miss him a lot when his fertility starts to dip or the worst happens, it's not often ex racer TBs live beyond mid 20s. He's carried on the Northen Dancer/Sadlers Wells line brilliantly.

Enable wins the Arc very well. Great filly.