hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Another 4 cases in Newmarket confirmed and a horses confirmed as died elsewhere in Suffolk.

I think the issue isn't going to be within racing. The complete lockdown and the fact Donald McCain reported his cases quickly will have helped massively added to the fact most racehorses should be vaccinated which will limit the effects of the symptoms. The problem is going to be among other horses, ponies, donkeys etc. despite the way it's been reported it's not a racing specific illness. There was at least 4 hunts out over the weekend, there was harness racing, there would be thousand of horses out hacking and so on. If the infection spreads among those animals it will inevitably end up in racing yards.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    British racing back on Wednesday.

Too Darn Hot out of Greenham Stakes on Saturday (heat in a leg) and now heads straight to The Guineas.

Left by mutual consent!
    For those who bet on the horses are there any particular online bookies you'd recommend or are the all much the same?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those who bet on the horses are there any particular online bookies you'd recommend or are the all much the same?
    They are all pretty much the same tbh. I would probably go for William Hill or Paddy Power personally.

I use Bet365 as they generally have pretty good offers on the bigger races.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

if you take early prices it makes all the difference shopping around.

Oddschecker always worth a look if you're betting a single. But if it's more about opening one account and sticking with it.. I'd concur with bet365 being among the best.

Betfair Exchange for non favs.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Too Darn Hot out of Greenham Stakes on Saturday (heat in a leg) and now heads straight to The Guineas.
    Now been ruled out of The Guineas too.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Yes, I was just looking at the Curragh card tomorrow, and there's some fantastic runners and races; even Detorri has been tempted to go over.

Who do you fancy in the Too Darn Hot/Magna Grecia duel?

Calyx already around 1/7 in his four horse race at Haydock! Should be a procession him.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yes, I was just looking at the Curragh card tomorrow, and there's some fantastic runners and races; even Detorri has been tempted to go over.

Who do you fancy in the Too Darn Hot/Magna Grecia duel?

Calyx already around 1/7 in his four horse race at Haydock! Should be a procession him.
    I feel really sorry for Too Darn Hot who could've become the next Frankel, Gosden is trying to steal a classic but, I fear it might harm the long term prospects of the horse,
    I've jumped in again ew with Skardu.

I feel really sorry for Too Darn Hot who could've become the next Frankel, Gosden is trying to steal a classic but, I fear it might harm the long term prospects of the horse,
    I've jumped in again ew with Skardu.
    Aye, Skardu looks clearly the best of the rest and represents best value. I'm not sure what to back as yet.

As your link says, there is some tremendous talent running tomorrow at several meets. I might go radge with a Too Darn Hot, Calyx, Leodis Dream, Battaash acca (along with a couple of others) and be done with it

Aye, Skardu looks clearly the best of the rest and represents best value. I'm not sure what to back as yet.

As your link says, there is some tremendous talent running tomorrow at several meets. I might go radge with a Too Darn Hot, Calyx, Leodis Dream, Battaash acca (along with a couple of others) and be done with it
    Is there any point in putting Calyx in there?

Is there any point in putting Calyx in there?
    Not really, but a win is a win. It's unthinkable he could lose that race. Very little to be gained though.

Not really, but a win is a win. It's unthinkable he could lose that race. Very little to be gained though.
    Exactly my point, good luck though

Exactly my point, good luck though
    I'll take another look in the morning and decide what to back. Lots of terrific runners but lots of tough races too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not a tip but something to ponder. Twice in the last week I've heard Aiden O'Brien bring Mohawk into the conversation unprompted when he's been asked about other horses he trains. Each time he said Mohawk ran well in the Dee stakes and didn't mention Circus Maximus who won it. Now it wouldn't be the first time an O'Brien outsider has sprung a shock in a big race so the 33/1 available last night on Betfair for today's Irish 2,000 swung it for me for a wee E/W tickle.

Calyx beaten at 1/7. He was dreadful and would have cost a lot of people a lot of money.

Phoenix of Spain blows away both Too Darn Hot and Magna Grecia. It was billed as a two horse race, but Phoenix of Spain made them both look like they were running through treacle and was running away from them at the finish. Another huge upset on the day at 16/1.

What's happened to Too Darn Hot, he seems to have gone backwards so quickly?

Phoenix of Spain blows away both Too Darn Hot and Magna Grecia. It was billed as a two horse race, but Phoenix of Spain made them both look like they were running through treacle and was running away from them at the finish. Another huge upset on the day at 16/1.

What's happened to Too Darn Hot, he seems to have gone backwards so quickly?
    It was a strange decision to run TDH today only a week after York. An unusually poor decision by the normally shrewd John Gosden. Turning a low level handicapper round in that time frame is fine but it's strange to do with a Grade 1 horse with a stud value.

Tbh it's not that unknown for a dominant 2 year old to find life tougher at 3 as some other horses grow into themselves and they maybe don't have as much scope as them to grow up and improve.

Derby day this weekend and I just saw this on Twitter and it's really a quite amazing stat:

Incredibly, all 13 declared runners in the Investec Derby @EpsomRacecourse
    are either sons, grandsons or great grandsons of Galileo. That includes Sir Dragonet (Camelot) whose second dam is a full sister to Galileo.

Whatever happens it's a win for Coolmore. Galileo is 21 now so he probably doesn't have too many stud seasons left. His stud fee is private but is rumoured to be €350 000 for a live foal. It wouldn't shock me to see that rise again as he ages and his fertility decreases.

Tomorrow's Oaks

£10ew Maqsad 6/1 (very good value)
    £5ew Tarnawa 22/1 (nice wee outsider)

What's everyone backing?

Left by mutual consent!
    Tomorrow's Oaks

£10ew Maqsad 6/1 (very good value)
    £5ew Tarnawa 22/1 (nice wee outsider)

What's everyone backing?
    I backed Medaayih and Sir Dragonet before they were officialy entered. 2 x £40 win singles and a £20 win double at 11/2 and 7/2. Not my usual type of bet at all but was seriously impressed with the way they both won their trials.

Circus Maximus.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    That was wide open. Anthony Van Dyke wins. Thought Broome was a good bet but not to be.

i had the Derby winner in an each-way Lucky 15 so quite pleased from that perspective. He seemed to stay the best of all of them, so might be a good bet for the Leger. I thought the fav ran fine, but he's too inexperienced a horse for a race like this IMO, and probably would have preferred softer ground too. A lot of people were talking up Telecaster before the race but he ran a stinker and finished last.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    i had the Derby winner in an each-way Lucky 15 so quite pleased from that perspective. He seemed to stay the best of all of them, so might be a good bet for the Leger. I thought the fav ran fine, but he's too inexperienced a horse for a race like this IMO, and probably would have preferred softer ground too. A lot of people were talking up Telecaster before the race but he ran a stinker and finished last.
    And there were doubts about ADV's stamina too. Great ride to get him on the inside and give him the rail in the final furlong. Is he down for the St Leger?

Guys, do any of you subscribe to Racing TV. How much is it?