hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another fine dislay from Alpha Centauri @ Nmkt today to back up her blistering run at The Royal Meeting.
    He didn't really beat anything today but he really looks the part on firm ground. Good horse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pretty certain the horse is a filly.

Pretty certain the horse is a filly.
    Oooops, you're quite right!!

Just watched yesterday's Juddmonte, what a run by Roaring Lion, must be the best 10f horse in Europe.

Smooth win for Sea of Class in The Yorkshire Oaks, Coronet comes out the race with a lot of credit giving the winner 9lbs. O'Brien horses not firing over the last 10 days or so.

Smooth win for Sea of Class in The Yorkshire Oaks, Coronet comes out the race with a lot of credit giving the winner 9lbs. O'Brien horses not firing over the last 10 days or so.
    I was very impressed with Sea of Class, sitting at the back coming into the home straight then breezing past a good field. She's still improving as well. Very good horse. I thought 7/4 was a cracking price too.

I had a bet on the last at York too, and did something I don't normally do, bet on 2 horses. I had the winner each way and the favourite on the nose, so at least I got something back for it. It's a bit of a strange setup for a 7 furlong race at York, they turn a corner nearly as tight as Catterick before coming into the home straight.

The St Leger and Gold Cup weekends seem to have moved to a week later than i remember them being. When did this happen?

Good comeback by Enable, quickening from the front to beat Crystal Ocean. She was carrying 8lb less than the runner up and it was on the allweather but still good enough to make her 2/1 favourite for the Arc. Crystal Ocean still ran a good race, at level weights might get a bit closer. Good to see Enable back though.

Alpha Centauri and Saxon Warrior retired today, shame for Irish racing. Another fine run over 10f from Roaring Lion yesterday, I think we saw a Guineas winner in Too Darn Hot too, although Quorto was impressive today also.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 16-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Enable wins the Arc for the 2nd time, great horse. On this occasion I think she was fortunate, only a head/short head in it. The draw was significant today and Sea of Class would definitely have won in the next stride or 2. Sea of Class had a rotten draw out wide and came late and fast but congrats to Enable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Enable wins the Arc for the 2nd time, great horse. On this occasion I think she was fortunate, only a head/short head in it. The draw was significant today and Sea of Class would definitely have won in the next stride or 2. Sea of Class had a rotten draw out wide and came late and fast but congrats to Enable anyway.
    Get what you're saying although I'm reluctant to call her fortunate. Maybe if the draws were reversed, the race works out differently and Enable wins going away, as opposed to getting to the front and seeing off the late challenge of SOC. I guess we'll never know for sure but regardless, it was both gutsy and classy from the winner.

I did think SOC was the winner with half a furlong to go though, and as you say, another few yards and the result would have been different.

More to come for SOC. And a special horse is Enable.

I backed the 4th ew, decent enough run without ever being in with a chance of winning.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 14-10-2018 at 10:14 AM.

I think we saw a Guineas winner in Too Darn Hot too.
    Thinking it even more after the Dewhurst, never backed him but, EVS, what a price! Backed the 3rd ew in The Ces @ 14s, returned 25s, tad annoying.

Great discussion, conversation but i wanna just get a answer from here that, does anybody here get genuine tips for horses/greyhound etc
    Last edited by Mathias; 24-02-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Thinking it even more after the Dewhurst, never backed him but, EVS, what a price! Backed the 3rd ew in The Ces @ 14s, returned 25s, tad annoying.
    I was determined to take him on at a shade of odds-on as convinced myself he would hate the ground and was there for the taking. Very taking performance given conditions weren't in favour.

John Ryan saying his Battle of waterloo wins, owners have flown down from Scotland today

3.00 Yarmouth

Now 5-2

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    John Ryan saying his Battle of waterloo wins, owners have flown down from Scotland today

3.00 Yarmouth

Now 5-2
    Edit John Ryan doesn’t know much about his own horses 😂

Luca Cumani's last runner today in the 5.30 at Wolverhampton and there seems to be a trend where jockeys or trainers last horse obliges.
    Swansdown, also owned by the traner, 2yo daughter of Dubawi into a handicap for the first time, significantly down in grade and upped in trip, Oisin Murphy on board. First time on the Tapeta but opening mark of 63 could be generous. Shade of odds against still available, 11/10 with Bet 365.
    If Luca turns up to watch it on a Wednesday night at Wolverhampton that might also be an indicator of the expected result.
    Usual caveats apply
    Last edited by Magnus; 22-11-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Luca Cumani's last runner today in the 5.30 at Wolverhampton and there seems to be a trend where jockeys or trainers last horse obliges.
    Swansdown, also owned by the traner, 2yo daughter of Dubawi into a handicap for the first time, significantly down in grade and upped in trip, Oisin Murphy on board. First time on the Tapeta but opening mark of 63 could be generous. Shade of odds against still available, 11/10 with Bet 365.
    If Luca turns up to watch it on a Wednesday night at Wolverhampton that might also be an indicator of the expected result.
    Usual caveats apply
    Close but no cigar.

Looking forward to the Betfair Chase on Saturday. Only 5 declared but what a line up:

Bristol De Mai
    Clan Des Obeaux
    Might Bite
    Native River
    Thistlecrack

The Cheltenhan Open meeting through the Tingle Creek is when the NH season really comes alive imo. A few of the bigger names have started to show their hands and I start getting tempted to stick my hand in my pocket.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Close but no cigar.

Looking forward to the Betfair Chase on Saturday. Only 5 declared but what a line up:

Bristol De Mai
    Clan Des Obeaux
    Might Bite
    Native River
    Thistlecrack

The Cheltenhan Open meeting through the Tingle Creek is when the NH season really comes alive imo. A few of the bigger names have started to show their hands and I start getting tempted to stick my hand in my pocket.
    Great performance by Bristol De Mai, won the race pretty comfortably. He does love Haydock. I thought the 2 Tizzard horses both ran really well too. Good race to watch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Great performance by Bristol De Mai, won the race pretty comfortably. He does love Haydock. I thought the 2 Tizzard horses both ran really well too. Good race to watch.
    13/2 a cracking price for a horse that coasted to victory in the same race last year. I don't bet on horses now but if still did I would have backed it. Hope a few on here backed it and won a few quid.

BDM looks almost unbeatable at Haydock, he just comes alive there. Native River is very one paced but he'll still be a contender in March as he's durable and will come on for the run. Thistlecrack coasted along but he can't jump fences, especially those as stiff as at Haydock yesterday, he lost ground at almost every obstacle. Clan Des Obeaux and Might Bite both look very tired horses at the end. On good ground I can only assume they needed the run.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Well, that makes a pleasant change, managed to back Elegant Escape, can't remember the last Welsh National winner I managed to back. Got a price boost to 19/4 earlier this morning which was nice.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well, that makes a pleasant change, managed to back Elegant Escape, can't remember the last Welsh National winner I managed to back. Got a price boost to 19/4 earlier this morning which was nice.
    I had the 2nd, would've won bar a mistake at the 3rd last.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Would it aye? 😉

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Yours ran a great race and made it interesting but I genuinely think the winner had a bit more in hand and would have won anyway. I didn't have a bet but watched it anyway and is a neutral opinion. Unlucky mate.

What’s the thoughts on the equine flu and Cheltenham? Will it postpone or will the festival be cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    What’s the thoughts on the equine flu and Cheltenham? Will it postpone or will the festival be cancelled?
    It's now been confirmed as the same strain that shut Australian racing down for the best part of 6 months. It's not looking promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's now been confirmed as the same strain that shut Australian racing down for the best part of 6 months. It's not looking promising.
    Wow. I was going to start studying for the festival this weekend. Think I’ll wait a bit.

I suppose they need to confirm how serious it is but surely this will have a massive effect on the industry, not just Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Wow. I was going to start studying for the festival this weekend. Think I’ll wait a bit.

I suppose they need to confirm how serious it is but surely this will have a massive effect on the industry, not just Cheltenham.
    Watched Luck on sunday today - I think the only danger now is not every horse will get swabbed cause there is a shortage of swabs! By all account 1500 now have came back clear with exception of Donald McCain’s 3 so fingers crossed racing starts again this week

If it rears again though it may well be close

First year in at least a dozen I don’t have anything mate post