hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Hearing Limini is out for the NH season and is likely to either run on the flat in the summer (Ebor is an option) or be retired to the breeding sheds. Been a tough couple of years for Rich Ricci with the death of Vatour, Annie Power retiring, Douvan out for an extended period and Faugheens problems as well as losing a 6 figure purchase in an acciddnt on the gallops.

Arctic Fire has also been retired.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thistlecrack out for the season. Stress fracture.

Yet again proving how hard it is to produce consistently great champions in NH racing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thistlecrack out for the season. Stress fracture.

Yet again proving how hard it is to produce consistently great champions in NH racing.
    Very disappointing news, just when he was beginning to recover some form on his recent comeback trail too.

Death Duty also just confirmed as being out for the rest of the season.

Our horse runs again tomorrow at Lingfield.

Odds of 40/1 are a pretty accurate reflection of the chances tbh. Longer term he needs further and 2 miles is really just about getting some racecourse experience and fitness. The aim is really just to make sure he gets round safely this time. In saying that trainer is in good form the last week or so and has had a couple of winners and a few big priced places so he isn’t ruling out a decent run. Ring came out of the last race well in spite of the fall and was full of himself in the paddock the next day, he’s also been schooling well so he seems happy and keen to go again.
    After another disappointing run last time out a few of the club headed to Hereford today to watch Ring go to post at 66/1 with the expectation he would run accordingly. As it turned out he didn't know he was 66s and ran a very decent race to finish 3rd and net a few of us some decent each way money. He's still a baby in his development but upped to 2m5f and with a bit experience he finally seems to be getting the hang of things, Tom O'Brien had to earn his riding fee but he kept on well to grab the place . By all accounts he got a better welcome back in than the winner of the race.

After another disappointing run last time out a few of the club headed to Hereford today to watch Ring go to post at 66/1 with the expectation he would run accordingly. As it turned out he didn't know he was 66s and ran a very decent race to finish 3rd and net a few of us some decent each way money. He's still a baby in his development but upped to 2m5f and with a bit experience he finally seems to be getting the hang of things, Tom O'Brien had to earn his riding fee but he kept on well to grab the place . By all accounts he got a better welcome back in than the winner of the race.
    I see the race was over 2 miles 5 PB, is that the kind of distance he'll be staying at? Looks like a stayer and might want a bit longer in time. A step in the right direction though, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I see the race was over 2 miles 5 PB, is that the kind of distance he'll be staying at? Looks like a stayer and might want a bit longer in time. A step in the right direction though, well done.
    Around about 3 miles is probably the right distance and where he is headed. He's also schooled over fences and looked good so that's an option as well.

Just a wee mention for the very sad news that another favourite of mine, Taquin Du Seuill, suffered a fatal fall at Huntingdon. A really good horse on his day and a Cheltenham winner, it's just another sad reminder of how cruel racing can be.

Ring is out again today, 1.20 at Uttoxeter. 7s from 11s over night, might have enough to run into a place.

Ring is out again today, 1.20 at Uttoxeter. 7s from 11s over night, might have enough to run into a place.
    Ground was heavy at Uttoxeter which can be a really tricky and demanding course, maybe a wee bit early for your horse to take that on, onwards and upwards, he'll get his chance in better conditions and possibly a longer distance too.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Ground was heavy at Uttoxeter which can be a really tricky and demanding course, maybe a wee bit early for your horse to take that on, onwards and upwards, he'll get his chance in better conditions and possibly a longer distance too.
    Scoped dirty post race, there was a virus in the yard a couple of weeks ago so possibly played a part. As you say though horrible ground and too sharp a distance are the main factors.

I see Liam Treadwell has retired due in part to ongoing mental and physical issues after a fall a couple of years ago.

In the list of toughest sportsmen national hunt jockeys must be pretty close to the top and injuries like Treadwell are a reminder of how dangerous a sport it can be.

Woop woop! Mr Antolini in the Imperial Cup (20/1) £5 e/w! In fairness, I thought he was quite lucky to keep it, he clearly bumped the 2nd just before the line but I'll take it.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 10-03-2018 at 03:22 PM.

I took what’swrongwithyou in the imperial cup travelled lovely through the race just couldn’t make up the distance on the heavy ground one for the notebook though

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    I took what’swrongwithyou in the imperial cup travelled lovely through the race just couldn’t make up the distance on the heavy ground one for the notebook though
    Yep, I certainly wouldn't give up on him, the distance might have been to short for him and the ground was also a bit heavy for him too. He was staying on through beaten horses, but he's got a bright future IMO.

Thunder Snow wins the Dubai World Cup comfortably. Top race in terms of prize money, but doesn't have anything like the prestige as the top races in Europe or the US. Funny, I remember Thunder Snow when he was racing over here. He was beaten out of sight by Carravagio as a two year old at Royal Ascot, and I thought O'Brien would train Carravagio for mile/mile and a quarter races after that performance, where he was clearly staying on at the end, instead of which he trained him as a sprinter and the season finished as a damp squib and he was retired to stud.

Irish National today and Mongbeg Notorious carries my money. Grade 2 winning novice with a nice weight.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Irish National today and Mongbeg Notorious carries my money. Grade 2 winning novice with a nice weight.
    I've backed him e/w, here's hoping!

An Elliott winner of the Irish Grand National, not that surprising really when you consider he had 13 of the runners in the race. It's getting like all those Sheikh Mohammed races at the likes of Newmarket in the 90's and early 2000's where every horse was owned either by him or a member of his family.

BHA not renewing Musselburgh's license until dispute is sorted out and reassurances in place.

Just bought tickets for Champions Day at Ascot. £45 for the Winning Post Enclosure which seems reasonable for the quality of racing.

Sad news from Paul Nicholls tonight.

Silviniaco Conti has died after an accident whilst team chasing at the weekend. Vets thought he would be fine but he took a bad turn today and had to be PTS.

Silviniaco Conti has died after an accident whilst team chasing at the weekend. Vets thought he would be fine but he took a bad turn today and had to be PTS.
    That's really awful news, Silvianaco Conti was a really good horse who always gave his all and will be remembered by many, RIP.

Thats sad to hear, he looked after me well over the years.

Just bought tickets for Champions Day at Ascot. £45 for the Winning Post Enclosure which seems reasonable for the quality of racing.
    Wow fantastic. Just being close to those amazing thoroughbreds is worth it.
    And the fillies!

I was reading The Giants Causeway has died in Kentucky aged 21.

I'm not a huge fan of the flat but he was a monster of a horse, never knew when he was beat and never finished outside the top 2.

I was reading The Giants Causeway has died in Kentucky aged 21.

I'm not a huge fan of the flat but he was a monster of a horse, never knew when he was beat and never finished outside the top 2.
    One of my favourite horses of all time, sad news indeed. Heart of a lion, always fought to the line, RIP GC.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Giants Causeway was one of my all time favourite horses, probably the toughest I’ve ever seen. A sad loss.

United we stand here....

That was some performance by Masar in The Craven Stakes, highly impressive.

Announced that Our Duke has sadly passed away due to a heart attack. He was always a fragile horse but it’s terribpy sad news.