hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Announced that Our Duke has sadly passed away due to a heart attack. He was always a fragile horse but it’s terribpy sad news.
    Yep, I honestly thought they'd worked out a way to keep him fit and healthy, RIP Our Duke.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm a reasonable man but I hope some serious misfortune comes Paul Townends way.

What the **** was going through his head? I was on Finians Oscar, I'm not saying he would have won, but that inexplicable manoeuvre made sure he didn't.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm a reasonable man but I hope some serious misfortune comes Paul Townends way.

What the **** was going through his head? I was on Finians Oscar, I'm not saying he would have won, but that inexplicable manoeuvre made sure he didn't.
    I was also on FO and was quite sure he would have won. We all know the engine he has. Has Townend spoken about the incident? One of the strangest things I’ve seen.

Great to sew Faugheen back on form today. Mullins seemed to suggest the plan would have been retirement had he struggled today but not he'll likely go chasing next season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I see Jim Delahunt won the naps table. That’s a pretty good achievement considering who he was up against. When I used to buy the old sporting life, I used to have a bet on the horse that was tipped up by the most in the naps table.

United we stand here....

Katie Walsh has a winner at Punchestown and promptly announces her retirement. Good luck to her, whilst her achievements will always be talked about in terms of being a 'female jockey' her record stands up against plenty of the men:

3 Festival wins
    Irish Grand National
    2 Grade 1s
    3rd in the National

Great to sew Faugheen back on form today. Mullins seemed to suggest the plan would have been retirement had he struggled today but not he'll likely go chasing next season.
    If the plan is chasing you would imagine it would be for a punt at the Gold Cup. Would love to see Faugheen chasing as he always looked like he would jump a brilliant fence.

More bad luck for me yesterday with Getabird and Samcro. Getabird really does seem to blow hot and cold after running really poorly earlier in the week seemed to be cruising when crashing into the railings when 2 horses fell right in front of him. Very frustrating.

Cracksman eventually winning the Prix Ganay comfortably as the odds suggest. He seemed to come under pressure some way out but when he got past the pacemaker eased down.

Saxon Warrior was a good winner of the 2000 Guineas, already odds on for the Derby. Great run by the runner up at 50/1.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Saxon Warrior was a good winner of the 2000 Guineas, already odds on for the Derby. Great run by the runner up at 50/1.
    On a similar note - Cliffs of Moher gets the job done over in Ireland after being somewhat disappointing since his Epsom attempt last year.

God it's good to have the real racing back

Very impressed with Roaring Lion in The Dante (the fact I backed him might've helped), the longer trip brought out a fair amount of improvement in him, now 2nd fav for The Derby.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Very impressed with Roaring Lion in The Dante (the fact I backed him might've helped), the longer trip brought out a fair amount of improvement in him, now 2nd fav for The Derby.
    I was down there yesterday, I had mildenberger on an each way.

Was on a jolly with a supplier up on the fourth floor of the county stand. Superb day out, not least because I did a £5 placepot which came in, after a nervous wait on stewards enquiry on the 5th race.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thats a nice lift!

I've spent a few good days in that County Stand, particularly in the '90s for The Ebor Meeting.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 18-05-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    I was down there yesterday, I had mildenberger on an each way.

Was on a jolly with a supplier up on the fourth floor of the county stand. Superb day out, not least because I did a £5 placepot which came in, after a nervous wait on stewards enquiry on the 5th race.

Nice one, well done.

I can take or leave the flat but I love York. Many a happy day spent on the Knavesmire at the Dante and Ebor meetings.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Nice one, well done.

I can take or leave the flat but I love York. Many a happy day spent on the Knavesmire at the Dante and Ebor meetings.
    Thats a nice lift!

I've spent a few good days in that County Stand, particularly in the '90s for The Ebor Meeting.
    That's a couple of times I've been to York and it's a great day out.

Gets a bit lively at night when there's a meeting. Boozer I was in late last night was mobbed with loud drunk Livingston fans.

Post racing in the pubs of York can certainly be a bit "tasty" in more ways than one. Always some fine sights to be seen too. :-)

The Punch Bowl (pre Spoons days) was always our pre-races venue.

I remember the first time we went down we all arranged to meet in The Punch Bowl, unknown to us there were two Punch Bowls in York (not sure if thats the case now), myself and my mate went to one where there was a womens darts match on (Haxby Road) and the rest of them met in the one near the train station. IIRC Hibs lost to Dundee Utd in The League Cup that night too!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 18-05-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Yep, he was impressive. The one I liked too was Knight To Behold who won the Lingfield Derby trial. He's currently trading at around the 16/1 mark which I think's a great price.

A quick heads up re the new GDPR Regs, I was talking to a guy that works in Laddies earlier who was telling me that any money won via FOBTs or the Bet Stations can now only be collected in the same shop, worth bearing in mind if placing a bet if you are away elsewhere for a day out etc.

I had a tenner ew on Masar @ 16s for The Derby after he won The Craven, which is nice! 5ew for my old man too.

I had a tenner ew on Masar @ 16s for The Derby after he won The Craven, which is nice! 5ew for my old man too.
    Good stuff, well done mate, great price too! I woudn't have touched him after the 2000 Guineas but soft ground won the day at Epsom today, the first and 2nd are soft/heavy ground horses and the going was soft. Not that you'll be bothering about that!

Good stuff, well done mate, great price too! I woudn't have touched him after the 2000 Guineas but soft ground won the day at Epsom today, the first and 2nd are soft/heavy ground horses and the going was soft. Not that you'll be bothering about that!
    Was it not the case that the ground was drying out all day so they kept away from the stands rail apart from in the 5f race?

At the moment I'm not capable of presenting a coherent argument, I'm a tad the worse for my day out!

At the moment I'm not capable of presenting a coherent argument, I'm a tad the worse for my day out!

Denman died yesterday aged 18. He'd had a good retirement team chasing then went back to Paul Nicholls last year as he wasn't able to be ridden anymore. He's been ill for a while and a decision was taken.

I'd like to think him and Kauto Star are galloping away in the big racecourse in the sky together.

Denman died yesterday aged 18. He'd had a good retirement team chasing then went back to Paul Nicholls last year as he wasn't able to be ridden anymore. He's been ill for a while and a decision was taken.

I'd like to think him and Kauto Star are galloping away in the big racecourse in the sky together.
    Hopefully mate. One of the great rivalries in NH racing and they both elevated the sport to a wider audience

Very sad news about Denman, an example of a horse with the perfect temperament for racing. He was my favourite horse from the Nicholls yard and tried every step of the way in every race he ran.

On the flat, Justify became the 13th Triple Crown winner today. A truly remarkable performance since he never ran as a 2 year old. Brilliant horse and still unbeaten too..
    Last edited by ekhibee; 10-06-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Very sad news about Finian's Oscar who has had to be put down after a bout of colic. A talented but quirky novice chaser destined for a prolific career until this happened. RIP Finian's Oscar.

Very sad news about Finian's Oscar who has had to be put down after a bout of colic. A talented but quirky novice chaser destined for a prolific career until this happened. RIP Finian's Oscar.
    Read this earlier. I was convinced he was going to be a more than decent staying chaser in time, we'll never know.

A quick heads up re the new GDPR Regs, I was talking to a guy that works in Laddies earlier who was telling me that any money won via FOBTs or the Bet Stations can now only be collected in the same shop, worth bearing in mind if placing a bet if you are away elsewhere for a day out etc.
    That turned out to be a lot of nonsense, was able to collect my England -1 goal bet I put on on a machine in Carlisle in a shop in Edinburgh yesterday.

Another fine dislay from Alpha Centauri @ Nmkt today to back up her blistering run at The Royal Meeting.