hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They beat Aberdeen in the Cup campaign of 2015-16. Can't remember who put them out though.
    Last I hear they were 2-0 up at home to a lower division club with just ten minutes left. So I assume that they went on to win the trophy due to their special relationship with it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Just sayin' like ...

"COMMUNITY leaders have raised concerns after it emerged almost a tenth of sex offenders being monitored by police are living within one postcode area. Officers are keeping tabs on 612 sex offenders across Edinburgh and the Lothians, with 53 signing the register in EH11 alone – covering Sighthill, Gorgie and Dalry."

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...code-1-4453104

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Like everything else that comes out of that club these days it's a load of hot air. No-one takes them seriously. Just more chicken feed for their delusional fans.

I've always considered there to be 5 bigger clubs in Scotland:

Aberdeen
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Hibs
    Rangers

Of those in terms of fanbase and success the 2 from Glasgow are a distance ahead. The point is though in Scottish terms Hearts are a big club. Because of that their absolute obsession with being 'big' and 'famous' is confusing to me. No one would suggest, again in Scottish terms, that Hearts aren't a big club yet they constantly bang on about it, it's a total complex for them. This reluctance to reveal their stadiums capacity because it might be less than ER is just downright weird.

I really don't understand Hearts fans, or the club, at all. They really are very strange and I'm not quite sure I can figure out why.

@hibs.net private member
    Incest has a major part to play.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I just had a peek at the Yam season ticket web page.

https://d1gpjo74qenwih.cloudfront.ne...T_INFO_PDF.pdf

Para 6. - Price Freeze - Make a £ 100 donation to the development fund (VAT free ) and save on any season ticket price increase (vatable). Sounds dodgy to me , but since they have got a Price Waterhouse tax expert on their board now I'm sure there can be no misunderstandings .

Para 7. - A plea for payments to be made by cash or cheque as it assists their cash flow.
    Last edited by greenginger; 22-05-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Do you think Forth 1 will get paid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Aberdeen
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Hibs
    Rangers

Of those in terms of fanbase and success the 2 from Glasgow are a distance ahead. The point is though in Scottish terms Hearts are a big club. Because of that their absolute obsession with being 'big' and 'famous' is confusing to me. No one would suggest, again in Scottish terms, that Hearts aren't a big club yet they constantly bang on about it, it's a total complex for them. This reluctance to reveal their stadiums capacity because it might be less than ER is just downright weird.

I really don't understand Hearts fans, or the club, at all. They really are very strange and I'm not quite sure I can figure out why.
    That about sums it up for me - we just need to accept that they are weirdos and move on.

Aberdeen
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Hibs
    Rangers

I heard they beat us twice in the 1970's. Maybe something to do with that. Serious chip on their shoulders about something.

The latest figures I have seen for those stands are:

W 5902
    R 3394 (Reduced due to pitch changes)
    G 3300 (Reduced due to installing an 'executive suite')
    New £12m trussed contraption (i.e. biggest most amazing stand in the world) 7290

Total = 19886

Only one team in Edinburgh can and will get home crowds of 20,000 in the 21st Century!

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    The planning application for the new stand has a stadium exiting statement with the individual stand capacities.

Wheatfield 5918
    Roseburn 3551
    gorgie Road 3340

Total 12,809

Their season ticket website says there will be a total of 5112 season tickets available in the new stand, that's 17,921 in total

There is also one section in the new stand for exec. seats but that section has the dug-outs at the front ,the directors box and the press box. Maybe 500 more seats

I can't see more than 18,500 but it will never be confirmed, a bit like their pitch given as 107 yards long so its not obvious that its less than 100 metres long.

Testimonial Due
    I just had a peek at the Yam season ticket web page.

https://d1gpjo74qenwih.cloudfront.ne...T_INFO_PDF.pdf

Para 6. - Price Freeze - Make a £ 100 donation to the development fund (VAT free ) and save on any season ticket price increase (vatable). Sounds dodgy to me , but since they have got a Price Waterhouse tax expert on their board now I'm sure there can be no misunderstandings .

Para 7. - A plea for payments to be made by cash or cheque as it assists their cash flow.
    Interesting.... Shows the precarious state of their cash situation I guess...

They do have a payment plan though with Zebra (same as ours), however, their 4 month plan has a 4.5% admin charge added or the 10 month plan is "interest bearing"...... As most no doubt know, in our case the club covers these costs for supporters signing up to a finance plan hence ours is 0%.....

I wonder if they ask those whipping out a credit card at the season ticket desk if the would mind awfully nipping round to the cash machine on Gorgie Road to obtain the funds as a cash advance thereby allowing them to give the club a much needed cash advance... Of course the victim... Sorry... Fan.... picks up the cash advance fee, interest added and the stain on their credit file on behalf of the club.....

Left by mutual consent!

Aberdeen
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Hibs
    Rangers

It's the white trailer trash symptom - despite being a bottom feeder there is still a need to tag others as being further down the pecking order than you.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new
    Spoke to a decent Jambo today. He said the club are claiming 2000 exec seats in the new stand. His question was not about capacity, more their ability to fill 1600 more exec seats than they currently have in the 3 lounges under the death trap stand.

He reckons the demand just isn't there.

I also s******ed when he told me how much his ST is in the wheatfield compared to mine in The West.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Spoke to a decent Jambo today. He said the club are claiming 2000 exec seats in the new stand. His question was not about capacity, more their ability to fill 1600 more exec seats than they currently have in the 3 lounges under the death trap stand.

He reckons the demand just isn't there.

I also s******ed when he told me how much his ST is in the wheatfield compared to mine in The West.
    2000 Executive seats? Really? Is not just another fantasist making spraff up off the cuff?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    2000 Executive seats? Really? Is not just another fantasist making spraff up off the cuff?
    It is what the club told him, may still qualify as fantasy !

I believe him, but as I said, he has doubts about the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    It is what the club told him, may still qualify as fantasy !

I believe him, but as I said, he has doubts about the strategy.
    Well we'll soon see when the stand is finished. If a club are telling their own fans this you'd expect an element of veracity but this is Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Guy at my work was saying that 7 rows in the top 'tier' have been allocated for hospitality.

Shame they won't have any where for these guys to go at half time. Maybe Queen Ann can do them a packed lunch each.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Guy at my work was saying that 7 rows in the top 'tier' have been allocated for hospitality.

Shame they won't have any where for these guys to go at half time. Maybe Queen Ann can do them a packed lunch each.
    Left over cakes and a Freddo each handed out by Hearty Harry himself. Big team style.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

They could be doing that, although that's not what they show on the season ticket diagram.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885

All the exec. seats are shown in the centre section.

Their new stand has to be the same length as the Wheatfield and will have 10 seats per row less than our West and East ( their pitch is shorter ).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    They really are becoming a total joke.
    I was always jealous of my old man getting to see us relentlessly hump them in the 70s. Maybe I will finally get to see something similar
    Then brace yourself for experiencing something even your old man didn't !. In the 70's we humped them reguarly due to 'Rivalry' and simply because we could - this time around it's still 'Rivalry' but with 30+ years of payback added to the pot !
    Last edited by Deansy; 23-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.