hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course the atmosphere's famous. Everybody knows the dump stinks.
    Of course it stinks. They are the farting hole of Edinburgh. At least, I think that's what their ads say.

2. Log in to remove the advert

In the last six or seven years of going to Tynecastle for the derby match I can't recall one single occasion where I came out the midden thinking these Yams know how to create a party atmosphere. We've outsang them, especially on the last few occasions, as they are a bunch of boring up their own erse charity thieving windae lickers.

Long may it remain.

Last edited by iwasthere1972; 20-05-2017 at 01:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Well a yam at work reckons their new capacity will be 22,000 with the new mega stand.

I suggested the subtract the old death trap capacity and add the new 7,000 capacity.

Silence is golden!!

If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885

Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500.

Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Of course it stinks. They are the farting hole of Edinburgh. At least, I think that's what their ads say.
    That being the case, Cathro is their sphincter with the brains

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Just heard Hearts season ticket advert. They guy goes on about Tynescastles famous atmosphere. Can Hearts be done for false advertising?
    I switch the radio off after 2 seconds then start the Hibs version of the song. Been doing it for years!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Even Hearts fans think the atmosphere is rubbish, Anne Jong Il has the propaganda blaring out of Forth 1 to get the hordes back on side.

The special Tynecsstle atmosphere is a bigger myth than the Loch Ness monster

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885 Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500. Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.
    This GG.

It will all become clearer once it is complete!

I think once it's all been done the yam mugs expect it to have a larger capacity than our very own 20K plus FIFA grade 2 stadium!

Listen to the hibs ad and you hear togetherness, loyalty and class

Listen to the hearts ad and you hear them, as they've done the last 10/15 years going on about how "famous" they are.

It's actually so ****ing cringey. Cannot wait to see their smug faces when we skelp them time and again next season. Freaks

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I think it will be bigger. The Queen has been there long enough to know how obsessed her DD monkeys are with this sort of stuff. She and her brother will be able to alter plans at will at any time without having to worry about objections from a compliant council planning dept, and they will go to any lengths (eg making the pitch even smaller) to ensure that they can say it's a bigger stadium.
    Rumours are that they are buying a few hundred deckchairs that they can quickly shoehorn in around the ground whenever they know anyone is going to officially count their seats. Just to make the total one bigger than ER.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Rumours are that they are buying a few hundred deckchairs that they can quickly shoehorn in around the ground whenever they know anyone is going to officially count their seats. Just to make the total one bigger than ER.
    Size doesn't matter - it's all about performance. That's a well known fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

However I'm not sure this is taking into account the spaces for the dug outs, media and the likes.
    Wouldn't put it past them to have the number 51 at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Wouldn't put it past them to have the number 51 at the end.
    They can have whatever tbh it'll still not surpass ER!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    They really are becoming a total joke.
    I was always jealous of my old man getting to see us relentlessly hump them in the 70s. Maybe I will finally get to see something similar

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    If the stand is to have a 7000 capacity, why are there only 5112 season tickets available in the new Budge Folly

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5885

Add that figure to the existing three stands capacity of 12,809 gives 17,921 plus a section for the posh seats of maybe 500.

Overall capacity under 18,500. In other words, £12 million for an extra 1000 seats and a pitch that is still not UEFA compliant.
    I think the capacities of the stadiums will be quite close, but I would also bet that they fib if it is slightly in our favour

Wikipedia (might not be bang up to date) suggests Tynecastle has a capacity of 17480. It also states that their old tip of a stand holds 4700. Subtract one from the other and you get 12780.

The new white elephant stand needs to be 7642 to give them a larger overall capacity.

Im not sure thats feasible, and the jambo suggesting it would be 22000 must have been hitting the crack pipe particularly hard..........

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I think the capacities of the stadiums will be quite close, but I would also bet that they fib if it is slightly in our favour

Wikipedia (might not be bang up to date) suggests Tynecastle has a capacity of 17480. It also states that their old tip of a stand holds 4700. Subtract one from the other and you get 12780.

The new white elephant stand needs to be 7642 to give them a larger overall capacity.

Im not sure thats feasible, and the jambo suggesting it would be 22000 must have been hitting the crack pipe particularly hard..........

The planning application for the new stand has a stadium exiting statement with the individual stand capacities.

Wheatfield 5918
    Roseburn 3551
    gorgie Road 3340

Total 12,809

Their season ticket website says there will be a total of 5112 season tickets available in the new stand, that's 17,921 in total

There is also one section in the new stand for exec. seats but that section has the dug-outs at the front ,the directors box and the press box. Maybe 500 more seats

I can't see more than 18,500 but it will never be confirmed, a bit like their pitch given as 107 yards long so its not obvious that its less than 100 metres long.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    Edinburgh's premier football destination........
    Smaller stadium than ours and less fans.
    Fake advertising!!!
    Typical from Hearts rugby club!!!! (Rugby club on purpose because of the high kick and chase)
    Almost crashed the car laughing at that. Not even Scott Wilson sounds as if he believes it. Delusional isn't the half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

If they do squeeze in enough seats to go slightly higher than us- we should just fill in our corners!! 😬

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Just heard Hearts season ticket advert. They guy goes on about Tynescastles famous atmosphere. Can Hearts be done for false advertising?
    What happened to the 10,000 waiting list?

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Size doesn't matter - it's all about performance. That's a well known fact.
    Thanks for that ,I was getting worried.

I do the same with that advert as I do with Adele songs; swiftly switch radio stations!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    They really are becoming a total joke.
    I was always jealous of my old man getting to see us relentlessly hump them in the 70s. Maybe I will finally get to see something similar
    I saw us lose 3-1 in 67 or 68 when Joe Davis had a very rare penalty miss. We did lose again any ANY game until Sept 1974. We ruled them then and we rule them now.

There's more atmosphere on the moon than there is at the Begging Bowl. They only have 2 songs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    I do the same with that advert as I do with Adele songs; swiftly switch radio stations!
    I admit to just laughing through the advert!!

How deluded can you get - even after stealing from charities and local businesses.

All this 'big team' nonsense they spout (and many still believe) is pure desperation!!

FTH (Fiddle them HertzFans)

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    If they do squeeze in enough seats to go slightly higher than us- we should just fill in our corners!! 😬
    That would seriously annoy them. 😂

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    Thanks for that ,I was getting worried.
    HAHA, thought it was funny till I saw your name 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Famous for thievery and cheating

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I've said it to a few Yams now...for them to start to become a creditable, viable football team again, they, as a club, from top to bottom require to forget this big club / wee club nonsense. Since the 19th of May 2012, Hearts should've kicked on a become a dominant side in Scottish football but they haven't.

Since then, they have entered administration, been relegated, won the Championship, chased a good manager out of town, replaced him with a total dud, have only beat Auchenleck and Raith Rovers (replay AET) in the Scottish Cup and their current league record is worse than Butchers.

They are building a new stand, fair play to them but all indications are that they can't afford it, they cannot bring themselves to report that their capacity will be less than ours (as if that really matters) but they would like everyone to believe that it is.

Sod it, this big team / wee team is actually killing them.

Long may it continue.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I've said it to a few Yams now...for them to start to become a creditable, viable football team again, they, as a club, from top to bottom require to forget this big club / wee club nonsense. Since the 19th of May 2012, Hearts should've kicked on a become a dominant side in Scottish football but they haven't.

Since then, they have entered administration, been relegated, won the Championship, chased a good manager out of town, replaced him with a total dud, have only beat Auchenleck and Raith Rovers (replay AET) in the Scottish Cup and their current league record is worse than Butchers.

They are building a new stand, fair play to them but all indications are that they can't afford it, they cannot bring themselves to report that their capacity will be less than ours (as if that really matters) but they would like everyone to believe that it is.

Long may it continue.

GGTTH
    They beat Aberdeen in the Cup campaign of 2015-16. Can't remember who put them out though.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post

Long may it continue.

GGTTH
    There was no way hertz were ever going to 'kick on'. They were a basket case at that point and managed to survive another year by lying through their back teeth about their ability to meet their commitments. Within 6 months of that day, Romanov had worked out his exit strategy... and his pension plan, by bumping everyman and his dog.

The only thing that's ever been big about them is their vanity. The mirror's broken now, but there's still a large section of them looking at their reflections in the shards.