hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Hart said Leigh Griffths. He also said they were shown videos of Leigh and were well aware of his qualities. He was full of praise for his outstanding free kicks, said he was well beaten and it takes something special to score 2 like that in a game.
    Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help.

They still in the main a bunch of arrogant tossers. Not talking about the entire English nation but the England team (excluding Joe Hart) and some of the media.

I'm finished.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=iwasthere1972;5068185]Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help.

They still in the main a bunch of arrogant tossers. Not talking about the entire English nation but the England team (excluding Joe Hart) and some of the media.

I'm finished.[/QUOTE

Hoddle is a pr**k! So take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I was at the game and was devastated! We were 2 mins away from a famous win. The atmosphere was incredible.

I must praise the England fans as well, they get a lot of stick for their behaviour, however at the end of the match they stood clapping the Scottish fans. FairPlay!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Come to think of it you're right. I'm not anti-English, maybe it was Hoddle's comment 'the taker' like he maybe couldn't remember the name that bugged me. The fact they equalised as well probably didn't help.

I'm finished.

What a bunch of arrogant tossers the English are. I've heard quite a few interviews since the match and I can't recall any of them actually mentioning Griffiths by name. Just watching the STV highlights prog tonight and even Glenn Hoddle could only say 'the taker' of the free kicks. No wonder we hate the England team and their media.
    I wouldn't blame the entire English nation for the ramblings of Glenn Hoddle.

Hoddle is an odious, offensive excuse of a man who should be nowhere near a media job.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I wouldn't blame the entire English nation for the ramblings of Glenn Hoddle.

Hoddle is an odious, offensive excuse of a man who should be nowhere near a media job.
    Why, because of one incident many many years ago which resulted in him losing his job?

I love it when folk who have never even met the man, can insult him like you have and try and make a case out of it from no knowledge of the man at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why, because of one incident many many years ago which resulted in him losing his job?

I love it when folk who have never even met the man, can insult him like you have and try and make a case out of it from no knowledge of the man at all.
    If Hoddle had made similar comments about someone because of the colour of their skin, he would never have been seen on television again.

Rodney Marsh made far less offensive remarks about the Asian Tsunami a few years ago, got sacked by Sky and hasn't been seen on TV since in any punditry position.

What he said was an absolute disgrace and I have absolutely no respect for him at all.

If Hoddle had made similar comments about someone because of the colour of their skin, he would never have been seen on television again.

Rodney Marsh made far less offensive remarks about the Asian Tsunami a few years ago, got sacked by Sky and hasn't been seen on TV since in any punditry position.

What he said was an absolute disgrace and I have absolutely no respect for him at all.
    Its a good job he never then.

I suppose you have never done anything you regret, and i'm glad you believe in not learning from your mistakes, and people should be branded for the rest of their lives.

As for Rodney Marsh, i have seen him on football tv shows in America where he lives, and he still works occasionally for Talksport here in the UK.

Its a good job he never then.

I suppose you have never done anything you regret, and i'm glad you believe in not learning from your mistakes, and people should be branded for the rest of their lives.

As for Rodney Marsh, i have seen him on football tv shows in America where he lives, and he still works occasionally for Talksport here in the UK.
    Who said anything about me never saying or doing anything that I regret? I'm certainly not perfect but if I ever do or say anything that I regret and I know that I'm in the wrong, I give an unconditional apology to whoever I have upset. Hoddle gave the usual response at the time that people often give when they've been caught out and try to make out that they've been misquoted or what they've said has been misunderstood or taken out of context etc.

I'm not quite sure that what he said could have been taken out of context but he still tried to do it. I would have respected him a lot more if he had just been honest about how he felt.

Re Rodney Marsh, I did say on TV. If he's on American TV then fair enough. Not quite the same as primetime Sky Sports though which he was regularly on up until his attempt at a joke.

Who said anything about me never saying or doing anything that I regret? I'm certainly not perfect but if I ever do or say anything that I regret and I know that I'm in the wrong, I give an unconditional apology to whoever I have upset. Hoddle gave the usual response at the time that people often give when they've been caught out and try to make out that they've been misquoted or what they've said has been misunderstood or taken out of context etc.

I'm not quite sure that what he said could have been taken out of context but he still tried to do it. I would have respected him a lot more if he had just been honest about how he felt.

Re Rodney Marsh, I did say on TV. If he's on American TV then fair enough. Not quite the same as primetime Sky Sports though which he was regularly on up until his attempt at a joke.
    Well done Mr Perfect, although quite who would want to hear your apology i dont know? And as for Marsh, he lives in America, who knows what type of work he'd get if he lived in the UK now?

Is Leigh Griffiths an odious offencive excuse of a man too, or even Derek Riordan? Or have they just said something in the heat of the moment that they regret now, but will never be able to put to bed because of people like you wont let them?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Well done Mr Perfect, although quite who would want to hear your apology i dont know? And as for Marsh, he lives in America, who knows what type of work he'd get if he lived in the UK now?

Is Leigh Griffiths an odious offencive excuse of a man too, or even Derek Riordan? Or have they just said something in the heat of the moment that they regret now, but will never be able to put to bed because of people like you wont let them?
    I'm all for accepting mistakes and moving on. However, to be fair, Hoddle's comments went right to the heart of who SDG is. Apology or not, if someone in the public eye were to say something fundamentally offensive about me (more than once, IIRC), I'm not sure how forgiving I would be.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 13-06-2017 at 11:27 AM.

[QUOTE=Liam Miller;5068190]

I'm finished.[/QUOTE

Hoddle is a pr**k! So take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I was at the game and was devastated! We were 2 mins away from a famous win. The atmosphere was incredible.

I must praise the England fans as well, they get a lot of stick for their behaviour, however at the end of the match they stood clapping the Scottish fans. FairPlay!
    I wasn't there so didn't see this - were they not just doing the usual applause (for the team leaving the pitch or something like that?) or was it made quite obvious that it was an applause for the home support?

Also - what is the Glenn Hoddle incident being discussed above.. who is FH? When searching I've only see his comment about when Torres miscontrolled a ball, which maybe was foolish, but not on the levels being talked about earlier in the thread?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=WeeRussell;5069132]

I wasn't there so didn't see this - were they not just doing the usual applause (for the team leaving the pitch or something like that?) or was it made quite obvious that it was an applause for the home support?

Also - what is the Glenn Hoddle incident being discussed above.. who is FH? When searching I've only see his comment about when Torres miscontrolled a ball, which maybe was foolish, but not on the levels being talked about earlier in the thread?
    In 1999, in 2 separate interviews, Hoddle expressed an opinion that "people born with disabilities were being punished for the sins of a former life". He lost his job as England coach as a result. His apology was along the lines of "remarks taken out of context" etc etc.

FH is the poster who used to be known as FalkirkHibbie, now known as SirDavidGray.... for some reason (call it age...), I've reverted to using his old name. What do I know, I still talk about the North British and Caley Hotels.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 13-06-2017 at 11:29 AM.

[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5069145]
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

In 1999, in 2 separate interviews, Hoddle expressed an opinion that "people born with disabilities were being punished for the sins of a former life". He lost his job as England coach as a result. His apology was along the lines of "remarks taken out of context" etc etc.

FH is the poster who used to be known as FalkirkHibbie, now known as SirDavidGray.... for some reason (call it age...), I've reverted to using his old name. What do I know, I still talk about the North British and Caley Hotels.
    Ah right cool - I have seen what you're referring to in that case Was getting confused thinking you were referring to FH as a player!

[QUOTE=WeeRussell;5069132]

According to my English mates both sets of fans applauded each other. They were impressed.