hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

First Team Regular
    Half the posters on here can't be at Easter Rd very often .They must be at Tannadice every second week watching Simon Murray.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Feels like a bit of a Brian Graham type signing tbh. There's a lot of players going around who'll give us work rate and enthusiasm (James Collins anyone?) we need someone who's also got the quality. Still, Lennon and his team will be able to judge a player better than I can so let's see what happens.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a naw for me.

He is bang average. Yes he is quick but that's about it. Keatings is a better striker and we got rid. Why replace with a poorer player
    This sums up what I think about SM

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I thought he looked really impressive when we played Arbroath in the SC at ER in 2015 - but Dundee Utd had already signed him at that point. I haven't been hugely impressed with him since then, but he has an impressive tally this season, and his career goals to starts ratio is impressive.

Has some good attributes and if Lennon thought he could improve him and he could be acquired as a lower earner in the squad, I'd be on board. Not that fussed, though.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PiemanP View Post
    Feels like a bit of a Brian Graham type signing tbh. There's a lot of players going around who'll give us work rate and enthusiasm (James Collins anyone?) we need someone who's also got the quality. Still, Lennon and his team will be able to judge a player better than I can so let's see what happens.
    He scores goals as well as running around

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I thought he was good last night and was the driving force behind Utd getting back into the game.

Looks to me like quite a pacey player that likes running at defenders, we've missed that this season imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I thought he was good last night and was the driving force behind Utd getting back into the game.

Looks to me like quite a pacey player that likes running at defenders, we've missed that this season imo.
    Better player than keatings, sign him up

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    We didn't get rid of Keats, he chose to leave. I've not seen enough of Murray to form a view but 18 goals this season isn't a lot less than Jase, in the same league
    You are right regarding Keatings. So if Keatings couldn't force his way into the team why would a poorer player do so?

I live in Dundee and work with a lot of Utd fans and they all don't rate him and they watch him week in and week out. Granted their views may have influenced my opinion on him but whenever I've seen him he misses chance after chance. He's done well in the play offs.

If it was a choice of Murray over Moult or Boyce then I know who I'd be picking. Nathan Austin of Falkirk would be a better option than Murray.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    You are right regarding Keatings. So if Keatings couldn't force his way into the team why would a poorer player do so?

I live in Dundee and work with a lot of Utd fans and they all don't rate him and they watch him week in and week out. Granted their views may have influenced my opinion on him but whenever I've seen him he misses chance after chance. He's done well in the play offs.

If it was a choice of Murray over Moult or Boyce then I know who I'd be picking. Nathan Austin of Falkirk would be a better option than Murray.
    Not based on last night he wouldn't.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Agree with that not the best player in the world but fantastic attitude to make things happen.

i also work with United fans who say Murray has been awful this season. Poor first touch, runs around a lot, no football brain is what they usually say. I only saw 2nd half last night and he did look a threat, mainly because he ran around putting pressure on Falkirk defence and making a nuisance of himself. Lennon seems to rate him so it wouldn't be a big surprise if he ends us signing for us, but I don't think he'll be a first pick, more of an impact sub.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Far too ugly to play for Hibs.

Aw, that and he's complete and utter Tam Kite.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

He was horrendous, slow, ponderous and terrible 1st touch, no thanks.

Don't get why folk are always raving about him. A championship level player at best.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I've been told Dundee Utd don't plan to keep him and that Dunfermline have made him a good offer.

He's been offered £900 week at Dunfermline.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Don't get why folk are always raving about him. A championship level player at best.
    I think people are impressed by his work rate and pace, but I agree, a fairly average player. At 25 I think he still looks really raw at times, with a really poor first touch, and he can look like a headless chicken when things arent working for him.

Other than perhaps a slight physical edge, I also dont see what he brings that we wouldnt already have in Boyle should we play him as a striker. Boyle has played in various positions this season and has scored 8 league goals, 2 less than Murray who has largely played upfront.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Guessing you've not read this thread?

Folk are certainly not always raving about him. The general concencus is he's pretty average but there's some (including myself) that think there may be some raw talent to work with.

If he signs, and I doubt he will, it'll be as a squad player. We can't have 25 superstars in the squad.

Blog Entries
    I remember after I moved to London my local team, Crystal Palace signed a near 22 year old from Greenwich Borough, at that time the equivalent of our juniors. Simon Murray signed for Arbroath from the juniors at 22. If he turns out 10% as good as Ian Wright then he's worth a punt. Some players are late developers & both AS & NL like Murray. fwiw i like Nathan Austin also!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    This from a Partick fan in my office

The rumour doing the rounds atFirhill that we were about to sign Simon Murray from the Arabs appears to havebeen extinguished by Hibs actually signing him (according to the twitter atleast). A very good acquisition if so.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Certainly a red top is reporting that we are front runners to sign him.

@hibs.net private member
    If we have signed him there is no way it will be announced until Monday at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    If we have signed him there is no way it will be announced until Monday at the earliest.
    Surely he can't sign until the 1st of June or whenever the contracts are up? End of May is it not?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Surely he can't sign until the 1st of June or whenever the contracts are up? End of May is it not?

Window opens on 9th June, but we could have agreed a contract with him

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post

A few "strange" comments from His fans on that tweet.

@hibs.net private member
    Different type of player than we have already. He may not be the best player in Scotland but he has pace and scores goals. Him and JC up front will give us a potent strike force.

@hibs.net private member
    Looks like it's happening as Kenny Millar is usually good regarding Hibs dealings. I'm quite underwhelmed by this signing, I've said a few times now that I don't think he's good enough from what I've saw but I'm happy to be proven wrong if/when he signs, just not that excited by it that's all.

Testimonial Due
    Hes certainly no world beater, and id hope we are still after another striker, but maybe a good addition to the squad, if not the first team?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Looks like it's happening as Kenny Millar is usually good regarding Hibs dealings. I'm quite underwhelmed by this signing, I've said a few times now that I don't think he's good enough from what I've saw but I'm happy to be proven wrong if/when he signs, just not that excited by it that's all.
    Haven't seen enough of him to make a decision, but he's got pace, which we urgently need. Think he'll be a welcome addition to the squad, up to him to kick on
    Can't see Dundee Utd being overly happy with this coming out just now

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i thought he was more than decent when utd were in the big boys league but the season just finished he's been a bit meh

i'l make my final decision about him after the 2 games with Hamilton :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-05-2017 at 02:26 PM.