hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was the only Dundee Utd player than showed any real energy. He didn't really show any quality today, but I wouldn't judge him on this performance alone, considering how poor the whole Dundee Utd team were today.
    I wouldn't say it's just judging him on today we've played them several times and they've been on TV a lot. If we want a fast striker with plenty energy who's erratic in front of goal lets just save money and play Boyle up there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Keatings for Murray would be the worst swap ever
    Obviously too young to remember Noel Edmonds Saturday swap shop

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5054773]Have to agree, he looks a poor option. Hope we are looking at a lot better than this

This - have to agree, he's not good enough.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    There cant seriously be anyone that still thinks we should sign this guy , he's pish
    When considering signing a squad player that's clearly very raw I'd be amazed if someone was put off by a bad performance, and he was terrible second half today (that's all I saw).

The nature of that type of signing is they'll look bad in some games but show potential in others, it's a relatively cheap gamble, that's the point.

Something that struck me over the last few games of his I've seen is how bad the service has been to him, when there's all that expectation and pressure on someone who's clearly not at a level to be able to handle that yet I'm not surprised he looked guilty of trying too hard.

In short I'd still be quite pleased if we get him but my expectation is he'd be an impact sub for the first six months at least.

Fwiw Im not sure Cummings would score goals in that Dundee Utd team.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Obviously too young to remember Noel Edmonds Saturday swap shop
    I think I'd rather have Noel Edmonds than Murray mate.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I would hope we are aiming for a better striker than him. His conversion rate from actual chances is far too low.

Sorry but he doesn't look a player who would score much in the Prem. I'd like to think Hibs will be looking to bring in better.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Sorry but he doesn't look a player who would score much in the Prem. I'd like to think Hibs will be looking to bring in better.
    I'm astonished we have gone for him TC - he's no better than John Baird and both I consider to have found their top level.

Losing Keatings and replacing with Murray is utterly baffling for me. Keatings has been badly advised in my opinion and should have stayed to prove if he was good enough. He will end up a journeyman lower league player unless he changes his attitude and fights for his place in a top side and keeps it.

Sorry Simon.

The party's over.

Left by mutual consent!
    A junior player

Shouldn't be anywhere near Hibs.

If he was a raw youngster it would be worth taking a chance on him but I believe he's 25 so probably too late to do much to improve him, not forgetting how we transformed Ivan though.

Was speaking to a United fan who was at game today. Word amongst Utd fans is that Murray signed for us yesterday. No idea if true, just passing on what United fan told me.

They reckon he went through the motions today.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    please mr lennon, no, don't do this

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    Was speaking to a United fan who was at game today. Word amongst Utd fans is that Murray signed for us yesterday. No idea if true, just passing on what United fan told me.

They reckon he went through the motions today.
    No way is any player signing up with another club the day before such an important game

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Whatever happened to the "in Mr Lennon we trust" line? 🙄

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    In Lennon we trust

Just as an average player can look better in a good team a good player can look worse in a bad team.
    Murray might be a case in point in a very poor Dundee Utd side.
    To my eyes he doesn't look good enough but Lennon will be a better judge than me so happy to leave it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    In Lennon we trust
    Exactly. If the boss wants him that's good enough for me. A lot of football managers on this thread 😀

Yes looked pish today but I'd be nervous if I was signing for Hibs too. Lenny obviously sees something coachable in him and he has pace. It's not exactly a bank breaking signing. Chill amigos.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    A quick look at the Utd forums and they seem to think he's signed for us already.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    I can't see him being first choice but I can see him starting a few games and making an impact form the bench. Let's be honest Keats wouldn't have been happy being a bit part player for another season so Murray would fill that void in my eyes.

Lennon obviously sees him as being able to contribute positively so let's just wait and see before we write the boy off.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant believe anyone would have any sort of opinion on any player playing on that pitch today. Murray along with every other Dundee Hibs player was sheite.

The other week, only two games ago he played very well. He wont be a first pick, but he is someone who could improve playing in a better side given a chance.

And the comparison with Keatings is just silly, Murray has scored more and has more assists than he has, granted he's played more games, but we all know Keatings would never be good enough to get in a Hibs team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Get ali Crawford in instead going into the last year of his contract

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post

The Rangers fan.

Coaching Staff
    Murray had a poor game against Accies but I would still be comfortable with him signing for us.

He runs at defences and no doubt would improve under Lennon.

If there's better about, fair enough, but we need to add to the squad and Murray imho, is worth a punt.

If he doesn't work out, well he'll be on his way after a season.

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post

Was he not yet another talented young player deemed not good enough for the big glass curtain wall team ?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant believe anyone would have any sort of opinion on any player playing on that pitch today. Murray along with every other Dundee Hibs player was sheite.

The other week, only two games ago he played very well. He wont be a first pick, but he is someone who could improve playing in a better side given a chance.

And the comparison with Keatings is just silly, Murray has scored more and has more assists than he has, granted he's played more games, but we all know Keatings would never be good enough to get in a Hibs team.
    Agree with that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

He played very well for 45 minutes. For the other 495 minutes in the playoffs he's been largely pish. As he has been most of the time I've seen him throughout the regular season.

If he signs then I hope he does well, I just don't think he's even close to being good enough.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Seem to remember folk writing off Griffiths during his first loan season after only 11 goals in his 30 odd appearances plus his gesturing to supporters and getting suspended etc. If the boy Murray signs then give him a chance ffs.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    He played very well for 45 minutes. For the other 495 minutes in the playoffs he's been largely pish. As he has been most of the time I've seen him throughout the regular season.

If he signs then I hope he does well, I just don't think he's even close to being good enough.
    That's a sweeping statement Calum. Did you attend both legs of the play off games against Morton as they were not televised to my knowledge?