hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long do they have to appeal? If they leave it late could they avoid any hearing
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I think in this case though they will make a decision before the second leg rather than allow him to appeal and hearing heard next week.
    They just said on BT Sport that if Utd leave it until tomorrow to appeal then Murray can play on Sunday as there won't be a hearing until after the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    You can't have a go at him for going down under that challenge ts a stonewall penalty. The first one was a dive, Donati fooled him with stopping before he was expecting contact.

God help the lad with some comments on here if he signs for us. He's not had a good game today but people writing him off after today is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Time the ref took to book him. It was ages before he went to his card and Murray was giving everyone abuse. I may be wrong of course but McLean has been quick with bookings
    so far.
    The ref didn't know what to give and was waiting on stevie wonder on the line to give him the right info.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    They just said on BT Sport that if Utd leave it until tomorrow to appeal then Murray can play on Sunday as there won't be a hearing until after the game.
    Yes just heard that doesn't make much sense imo.

Coaching Staff
    Stonewall pen
    Certainly was.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Yes just heard that doesn't make much sense imo.
    Of course it doesn't, it's the SPFL!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Of course it doesn't, it's the SPFL!
    Indeed

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    You can't have a go at him for going down under that challenge ts a stonewall penalty. The first one was a dive, Donati fooled him with stopping before he was expecting contact.

God help the lad with some comments on here if he signs for us. He's not had a good game today but people writing him off after today is ridiculous.
    To be fair people started clamouring for him to sign based on 45 minutes so it's no surprise people are writing him off after 90. For what it's worth I never seen tonight but I don't think he's good enough.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Well I still think Murray would be a good signing.

Slagging a player off before he's even signed.hibs.net class 👍

It's a penalty. Murray's got a knick on the ball and the Accies lad has taken a swing catching him. Stonewaller. McLean was gonna give it but Lino has changed his mind for him. Poor decision.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    It's a penalty. Murray's got a knick on the ball and the Accies lad has taken a swing catching him. Stonewaller. McLean was gonna give it but Lino has changed his mind for him. Poor decision.
    I agree that it was a pen, however he made such a meal of the fall part that I can understand why a dive was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    I agree that it was a pen, however he made such a meal of the fall part that I can understand why a dive was called.
    Agree with you- probably was a pen but his delayed theatrics you could argue was actually diving. His fall just looked ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Was that when the song was introduced about him walking like a woman and wearing a bra? Remember singing that song when I was very young and only ever knew him as a hun player.
    The Scotland support sang it about Bobby Moore and the Hibs fans for Colin Stein, he was the original Agathe, the transfer was bad enough, but before the TT's emerged, he kept on scoring against us, from the start. Within a week he had got his hat trick in that 6-1 & three month later, he got the only goal to put us out the cup.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I remember us singing

Colin, Colin, Colin Stein, the biggest bum youve ever seen 😊

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post

Absolutely spot on. He scores goals he harries defenders he will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    To be fair people started clamouring for him to sign based on 45 minutes so it's no surprise people are writing him off after 90. For what it's worth I never seen tonight but I don't think he's good enough.
    So your writing him off without seeing him.

Blog Entries
    There's no doubt Murray's raw & has a lot to learn but there's also no doubt he's a pest to all defences with his energy & commitment. With all the fuss about his dive & red card its been largely forgotten that SM earned what should have been a pen really by chasing a lost cause. I remain hopeful we'll see him at ER.

Absolutely spot on. He scores goals he harries defenders he will get better.
    The boy got no service at all last night. Ball continually hoofed forward aimlessly.
    There is certainly a player in there and I would be delighted if we signed him

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    So your writing him off without seeing him.
    I've seen him plenty times, which is what I'm basing my opinion on. I just didn't watch the game last night. If he signs I hope he does well and I don't think he's an absolutely awful player, I just feel we can/should be going for better.

My point was more the fact that people became really excited about the prospect of signing him due to his second half performance against Falkirk. It's then no surprise that people after watching him by all accounts have a bad 90 minutes last night aren't so excited. Fickle football fans!

I've seen him plenty times, which is what I'm basing my opinion on. I just didn't watch the game last night. If he signs I hope he does well and I don't think he's an absolutely awful player, I just feel we can/should be going for better.

My point was more the fact that people became really excited about the prospect of signing him due to his second half performance against Falkirk. It's then no surprise that people after watching him by all accounts have a bad 90 minutes last night aren't so excited. Fickle football fans!
    Murray has been talked about as a potential signing for us, long before the Falkirk game.
    A lot of Hibs fans had based their opinions on a lot more than 90 minutes of football.
    Don't stereotype us all with your way of identifying a decent player whether that be good or bad.
    He has impressed throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    He has impressed throughout the season.

he really hasn't.

Agree about fickle fans think he would be a decent signing not an amazing one and he may be not a first starter however really impressed by his workrate and attitude however he is raw and can make poor decisions. A great attitude can IMO get you along way though and he will get better service at Hibs also. What is for sure he was absolutely done over by the linesman last night and if he does join Hibs he will already be tarred with a diving rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    The Scotland support sang it about Bobby Moore and the Hibs fans for Colin Stein, he was the original Agathe, the transfer was bad enough, but before the TT's emerged, he kept on scoring against us, from the start. Within a week he had got his hat trick in that 6-1 & three month later, he got the only goal to put us out the cup.
    Thanks for that Ray. Cheers 👍

Agree about fickle fans think he would be a decent signing not an amazing one and he may be not a first starter however really impressed by his workrate and attitude however he is raw and can make poor decisions. A great attitude can IMO get you along way though and he will get better service at Hibs also. What is for sure he was absolutely done over by the linesman last night and if he does join Hibs he will already be tarred with a diving rep.
    Good post Jim
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I would see SM as a replacement to Brian Graham's squad place (assuming he is on his way) more than a replacement to Holt or Keating's - Keating's was more an attacking midfielder last season anyway.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Bit in bold, his first booking was totally deserved, blatant dive.

Admittedly I've only seen him in games against us and the play off games but he's not impressed me at all. Even in the 2nd half v Falkirk where he did well I wasn't thinking I hope we sign him. If we are looking to finish as the best of the rest next season I'd hope for better than him - I can't see the Huns, Aberdeen or Hearts being interested in him and certainly wouldn't be worried if they did sign him. Sure he runs about a lot and is a nuisance to defenders but so was James Collins.

Out of interest not heard or read anywhere about him turning down a new deal with Dundee Utd, only that he is out of contract in the summer, did they offer him a new one ?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    he really hasn't.
    So he's ***** but he's classed as an absolute key player for Utd?

FWIW couldn't care less if he's 'made a meal of it' absolute woeful decision from the lino.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Bit in bold, his first booking was totally deserved, blatant dive.

Admittedly I've only seen him in games against us and the play off games but he's not impressed me at all. Even in the 2nd half v Falkirk where he did well I wasn't thinking I hope we sign him. If we are looking to finish as the best of the rest next season I'd hope for better than him - I can't see the Huns, Aberdeen or Hearts being interested in him and certainly wouldn't be worried if they did sign him. Sure he runs about a lot and is a nuisance to defenders but so was James Collins.

Out of interest not heard or read anywhere about him turning down a new deal with Dundee Utd, only that he is out of contract in the summer, did they offer him a new one ?
    Agree the first one was a dive and he scores goals as well as running about. Quite happy with the signing but each to their own. Just think he will only get better and would be a good option for us.