hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At Falkirk on Friday for me he was the stand out player. Don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves but Lennon was certainly raving about him afterwards. Would be surprised if we haven't enquired. Simon Murray or Graham? Only one winner for me.
    I think we've done more than enquired. We've offered him terms apparently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    He only scored 10 goals in the League to Jasons 19.
    Point taken but the broader point is, he scores goals which only Jason has done for us on a regular basis!
    This is how it feels

Going to trust Lennon on this one, he seems to see a lot in him.

If we can get him in, I think Stokes (assuming the move goes through) and Murray, for Keatings and Holt represents a significant improvement. If we can also move Graham on and bring in a proper target man of quality then we are laughing.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Not just his goals tho. He's a pest with pace.
    You don't get that with any of our forwards last season with the exception of Boyle who has pace but is less of a pest. He will give us something different and goals too. Don't see what's not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Not just his goals tho. He's a pest with pace.
    You don't get that with any of our forwards last season with the exception of Boyle who has pace but is less of a pest. He will give us something different and goals too. Don't see what's not to like.
    Absolutely. The boy looks pretty exciting if unpredictable to me. I'm a bit surprised at some of the negativity towards him.

First Team Regular
    Lennon defo rates him , bid 50k for him in January.

The lad seems very tenacious.channeled properly he could be some player.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Absolutely. The boy looks pretty exciting if unpredictable to me. I'm a bit surprised at some of the negativity towards him.
    That's what I think as well, some times I've seen him he's been pretty dynamic, but I've only seen him a few times. Obviously a lot of the DU fans have an issue with him for some reason, but we're a different and much better team than them and if there's any more improvement in him then Lennon will definitely coax it out of him IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    He tore Lewis a new one when he came on at Tannadice before Christmas. Probably the only time in the last 3 seasons I can remember that happening.

I think he has terrific movement. Drifting out wide on 121s v full backs and creates chances for others as a result. When he gets a chance himself he invariably hits the target.

Very exciting player imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    It's a signing without risk as there is no fee. I don't think anyone can be sure whether he will be a success or failure but if he keeps improving we might just have another good striker. (if he is actually coming of course)

Gary Murray came to Hibs after scoring freely in a lower division. He was a left sided striker but not as quick about the place as his boy!

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    It's a signing without risk as there is no fee. I don't think anyone can be sure whether he will be a success or failure but if he keeps improving we might just have another good striker. (if he is actually coming of course)
    A signing on fee and a 2 or 3 year contract is a risk I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    A signing on fee and a 2 or 3 year contract is a risk I would have thought.

A better risk than Insall who was plucked from somewhere like the 10th tier of English football. A bit of a late developer but wasn't Ian Wright very similar, didn't take football seriously till his early 20's.

In lenny we must trust Murray did play well in the play off v falkirk

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    In lenny we must trust Murray did play well in the play off v falkirk
    He was rotten in the second leg but still managed to pop up with a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    He was rotten in the second leg but still managed to pop up with a goal.
    In the first half, yes he was poor. He had a very good second half in that game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    In the first half, yes he was poor. He had a very good second half in that game, though.
    To say he was very good is stretching it a little. Think he'd do well for us as a back up though, from what I've seen he certainly puts a shift in and is always harassing defenders. Wouldn't be a bad signing.
    Last edited by Salt N Sauzee; 24-05-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    That's my understanding as well.

Blog Entries
    To say he was very good is stretching it a little. Think he'd do well for us as a back up though, from what I've seen he certainly puts a shift in and is always harassing defenders. Wouldn't be a bad signing.
    It's not stretching it at all. I only saw the 2nd half & Murray, IMO, & more importantly in NL's ( & the whole BT team ) was exceptional. I posted before he reminded me of a young Colin Stein. Older Netters will remember when we used to play a pre season trial game, probables vs possibles. I remember seeing Stein for the 1st time in the trial. He was unbelievably raw, caught offside about a dozen times, but he never gave the 1st team defence a moment's peace, had pace & energy & scored about 3 goals. I think Murray will bring what everyone on here has been crying out for over last 2 or 3 seasons, pace, energy & total commitment. Meanwhile we'll work on improving the more technical aspects of his game. What's not to like?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^

He was excellent against Falkirk and stood out head and shoulders above everyone else on the park.

I'll be delighted if we get him, exactly the type of player we need and I loved the enthusiasm that Lennon showed when talking about him.

Would be happy enough if he signed
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I do wonder what some people see, or choose to see. The 2nd 45 minutes against Falkirk, Murray single handedly got Utd through. He was excellent. No matter who the opposition was, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed Falkirk hard.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've honestly not seen enough of the guy's play to provide an opinion, but there again I'd never heard of Gordon Rae before he signed!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Totally agree.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It's not stretching it at all. I only saw the 2nd half & Murray, IMO, & more importantly in NL's ( & the whole BT team ) was exceptional. I posted before he reminded me of a young Colin Stein. Older Netters will remember when we used to play a pre season trial game, probables vs possibles. I remember seeing Stein for the 1st time in the trial. He was unbelievably raw, caught offside about a dozen times, but he never gave the 1st team defence a moment's peace, had pace & energy & scored about 3 goals. I think Murray will bring what everyone on here has been crying out for over last 2 or 3 seasons, pace, energy & total commitment. Meanwhile we'll work on improving the more technical aspects of his game. What's not to like?
    Couldnt agree more. Remember seeing him a couple of times at arbroath and thought he was a fantastic raw talent.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I do wonder what some people see, or choose to see. The 2nd 45 minutes against Falkirk, Murray single handedly got Utd through. He was excellent. No matter who the opposition was, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed Falkirk hard.
    Some people choose to see more than 45 minutes maybe?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Some people choose to see more than 45 minutes maybe?
    I'm referring to the people that said he wasn't "very good" in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Think you may of missed the part where I actually said he wouldn't be a bad signing and noted a couple of his attributes. He had a poor game in both halves against Falkirk but still managed to notch one which says more about him than less.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think you may of missed the part where I actually said he wouldn't be a bad signing and noted a couple of his attributes. He had a poor game in both halves against Falkirk but still managed to notch one which says more about him than less.
    Palpably nonsense he was superb in the second half.