hibs.net Messageboard

Grant Holt interview

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/n...next-1-5025111

Nice little interview with Holt here. Seems to have enjoyed his time here and comes across very well.
    Thanks for everything big man and good luck in the future.
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 19-05-2017 at 08:31 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

“I went up there with an open mind. I knew Hibs were a big club and (manager) Neil Lennon had told me exactly what he wanted to do. Once I went up there, I realised we had a good young bunch of players who wanted to achieve stuff and a manager that wanted to get back to winning things.
    “But it’s not to do with the medals, it’s the achievements and the people you do it with. The memories you take over the season of being with them, being in certain games, travelling on the buses having the debriefs and trying to rectify it.

“And then at the end of it, having the euphoria of winning it, looking around the dressing room at a group you are delighted to be with and achieve with. That’s the most gratifying thing. That’s the most you’ll take out of it.
    “Standing on balconies like we did at Norwich castle, with all the fans out. We had it with Hibs, 19,000 at the end of the season all singing Sunshine on Leith.
    “It’s not the medal, but the people you’ve done it with and the enjoyment they got out of it.”
    Which no doubt made all that travelling worthwhile.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    One of my favourite players over the past ten years.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can tell he must have been a hell of a player in his prime.

@hibs.net private member
    lovely article from a player with a fantastic attitude - top man

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/n...next-1-5025111

Nice little interview with Holt here. Seems to have enjoyed his time here and comes across very well.
    Thanks for everything big man and good luck in the future.
    Football would be a lot better off if every player had Holt's attitude. All the best to him for the future.

Mrs Hibby6270's favourite player this season.

Nice derrière apparently. Can't say I noticed!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    “I went up there with an open mind. I knew Hibs were a big club and (manager) Neil Lennon had told me exactly what he wanted to do. Once I went up there, I realised we had a good young bunch of players who wanted to achieve stuff and a manager that wanted to get back to winning things.
    “But it’s not to do with the medals, it’s the achievements and the people you do it with. The memories you take over the season of being with them, being in certain games, travelling on the buses having the debriefs and trying to rectify it.

“And then at the end of it, having the euphoria of winning it, looking around the dressing room at a group you are delighted to be with and achieve with. That’s the most gratifying thing. That’s the most you’ll take out of it.
    “Standing on balconies like we did at Norwich castle, with all the fans out. We had it with Hibs, 19,000 at the end of the season all singing Sunshine on Leith.
    “It’s not the medal, but the people you’ve done it with and the enjoyment they got out of it.”
    Which no doubt made all that travelling worthwhile.
    Terrific! !

Agreed. He took a lot of stick on here and at games but he done the job he was asked to do. Fantastic professional and seems like an all round top guy.

Best of luck wherever your career takes you next Holty.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Really wanted him to stay on for another year

Holt came and did a fantastic job for us.
    I truly believe that his muscle and graft, fight and determination contributed to more points gained than lost during this title-winning season.
    He made that little bit of difference - a physical presence that was previously lacking during Stubbs' tenure.
    Yes, as I've said so often, Holt didn't score a barrow-load of goals but he brought much more both on and off the ball, freeing up and tee-ing up his colleagues.
    Every successful side needs a Grant Holt.
    In his heyday he was often unplayable. We only saw him in the twilight of his career, but his class still shone through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Holt came and did a fantastic job for us.
    I truly believe that his muscle and graft, fight and determination contributed to more points gained than lost during this title-winning season.
    He made that little bit of difference - a physical presence that was previously lacking during Stubbs' tenure.
    Yes, as I've said so often, Holt didn't score a barrow-load of goals but he brought much more both on and off the ball, freeing up and tee-ing up his colleagues.
    Every successful side needs a Grant Holt.
    In his heyday he was often unplayable. We only saw him in the twilight of his career, but his class still shone through.

People who point to his goals tally might disagree but I think he did a good job for us. It's a bit sad because I think he could have done an even better job in the top flight against better opposition.

Let's hope Neil can pull a similar rabbit out of a hat for the start of next season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    You can tell he must have been a hell of a player in his prime.

He was very good yes. Had a big hand in getting Norwich into the EPL.

Was also a good ref at wrestling

Good player and I would have liked to have seen him around the place for another season.

That interview sums up his attitude. A lot of players have pitched up at Hibs in recent years from England and seemed to think they were doing us a favour sullying themselves by playing for us. Holt had played at the top level yet gave everything he had for the cause.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Loved big Holts contribution, great centre forward.
    All the best for the future Mr Holt, and thank you.👏

Testimonial Due
    Great player, helped our cause no end this season without having to be the star of the show.

Wish him well for the future.

Same. Very sad to see him go, forever grateful for his contribution over the past year.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Love him. I said after a couple of games this season that I'd be amazed if he wasn't a cult hero by the end of it. Was surprised at how many folk weren't at all convinced, though I would have liked a few more goals from him certainly.

Would have loved him to have been around for the SPL campaign, but happy that he leaves with such fond memories. If Lennon continues to bring in similar characters, we won't go far wrong.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Lasting memory of holty was when he was getting abuse from fans about his weight he lifted his top and showed his physique off.Also mimicked they needed glasses.Brilliant response

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith's finest View Post
    Was also a good ref at wrestling
    Nothing on Earl Hebnar

Was liked by a lot of the fans and I was one gave us everything he had and helped us win the championship.All the best for the future Grant