hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I've ever noticed much of a hostile atmosphere towards Hibs fans when we visit Ibrox. But every support has its odd bad apple, and you were perhaps just unlucky. Anybody else experienced any negativity there?
    Its true .. I've always found Ibrox to be rather a polite place the few times I have visited:

Q ........'Excuse me, do you believe in a united Ireland?'
    A ........ Why yes I do, the idea seems rather logical to me.

Response ...... That's rather unfortunate, however I respect your view.

Q ....... 'Are you loyal to her majesty the queen and her heirs and successors'
    A ....... I'm afraid not, I find the idea of inherited status and position to be rather outdated in this day and age.

Response ....... I myself believe that I should respect my position in life and having people I can defer to as my betters through an accident of birth keeps me grounded and reminds me not to get above my social station.

Q ........ 'Are you a devotee of Roman Catholicism?'
    A ......... As a matter of fact no, though I do believe in a higher power and would consider myself a Christian

Response ....... I am not a Roman Catholic either, I find the idea of papal infallibility and the concept of appealing to the almighty through the interjection of a third party other than Jesus Christ, like the Virgin Mary or various saints, to be contrary to my interpretation of scripture .... If you have a second I will show you evidence of why I hold this view by pointing you to the relevant biblical passages in this copy of the New Testament I always have in my possession ...... Having said that I am afraid that your obvious devotion to a football team other than the one I support, especially that one, makes me rather suspicious that your religious belief may well be closer to Rome than I would prefer to see.

Your experience my differ and you may find that these questions are put to you in a style which does not follow the pattern shown above .... you may also find that a response from you to the questions is not required before your answer is presumed by the questioner and the response is given in a shortened version to that shown here
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 19-05-2017 at 05:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its true .. I've always found Ibrox to be rather a polite place the few times I have visited:

A ....... I'm afraid not, I find the idea of inherited status and position to be rather outdated in this day and age.

Response ....... I myself believe that I should respect my position in life and having people I can defer to as my betters through an accident of birth keeps me grounded and reminds me not to get above my social station.

A ......... As a matter of fact no, though I do believe in a higher power and would consider myself a Christian

Response ....... I am not a Roman Catholic either, I find the idea of papal infallibility and the concept of appealing to the almighty through the interjection of a third party other than Jesus Christ, like the Virgin Mary or various saints, to be contrary to my interpretation of scripture .... If you have a second I will show you evidence of why I hold this view by pointing you to the relevant biblical passages in this copy of the New Testament I always have in my possession ...... Having said that I am afraid that your obvious devotion to a football team other than the one I support, especially that one, makes me rather suspicious that your religious belief may well be closer to Rome than I would prefer to see.

Your experience my differ and you may find that these questions are put to you in a style which does not follow the pattern shown above .... you may also find that a response from you to the questions is not required before your answer is presumed by the questioner and the response is given in a shortened version to that shown here
    😂👌

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Think the Police would object to splitting the South. Shame really.
    Why would they? It's been done before against them. And that was a game where they won the league.

I've enjoyed similar discussions on theology, politics and ethnicity with Rangers supporters, and always found that convivial atmosphere of mutual respect, nay love, to be uplifting and fulfilling.

"We're up to our knees in Fenian blood..."

"You may want to think about new shoes and trews. Do they have a Harvey Nicks in Glasgow?"

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Why are some folk wanting to give them the full allocation before seeing if some of the south can be used for Hibs fans? If we can sell tickets ourselves give them the absolute bare minimum required. Its a no brainer.
    This. If they give us 900. We should reciprocate.

ER is poisonous when the hordes come rocking into town.

Confident if we get them at home early on we can sell out, including half the South.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They don't get any money from us for league games. We are required to send them a bill for any repairs required after their visit.

We'll get a few tough games at home to start the season as hertz asked for away games until their stand is ready. Personally I'd tell them to get to **** and let them play to reduced capacity as we had to do.
    Well Bully for Hearts.

Just because they have asked to be away, doesn't mean we will have to be at home.
    Hearts are more than welcome to play their home games on a Sunday when we play at home at 15:00 on a Saturday, or on a crappy Tuesday night in February.

J

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    The reason it works at Tynie is that entering & exiting the game home fans go in through Wheatfield away fans Mcleod St.
    At ER both sets enter at same end. That is your problem. Keep them in 20 mins after final whistle & give them a taste of their own medicine.
    I agree re the 20 minutes. The other option is just make Hibs fans enter via the East Stand. And Huns continue to enter via Albion Road.

Place a barrier on Albion Road halfway along and Hibees enter via the East half of the South stand. Concourses can be split IIRC. TBH last time I was in the South was for the Dnipro game back in 2005.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Well Bully for Hearts.

Just because they have asked to be away, doesn't mean we will have to be at home.
    Hearts are more than welcome to play their home games on a Sunday when we play at home at 15:00 on a Saturday, or on a crappy Tuesday night in February.

J
    We'll probably get three homes games in the first four fixtures, with Hearts having one home game against Celtc that will be postponed for an unnecessary friendly.

As regards Sevco, give them 900 tickets and lock them in for an hour after the game. They'll be wanting to walk away after 60 minutes which will make this even better.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We'll probably get three homes games in the first four fixtures, with Hearts having one home game against Celtc that will be postponed for an unnecessary friendly.

As regards Sevco, give them 900 tickets and lock them in for an hour after the game. They'll be wanting to walk away after 60 minutes which will make this even better.
    Why? The Hearts situation doesn't need to affect us at all. We can play away games when they play away games

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Why? The Hearts situation doesn't need to affect us at all. We can play away games when they play away games
    I wouldn't object to starting with three home games out of four as it would give us that chance to get off to a fast start, especially if one is a derby and Cathro is still in place.

It also makes it simpler for the schedulers than having to arrange home games for both Edinburgh clubs on the same weekend. They may need to do that anyway if/when the new stand isn't completed on time.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Rangers away is going to be insane
    Buzzing for this already and the fixtures aren't even out yet, never mind the tickets!

I'll definitely be going to this, actually can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I wouldn't object to starting with three home games out of four as it would give us that chance to get off to a fast start, especially if one is a derby and Cathro is still in place.

It also makes it simpler for the schedulers than having to arrange home games for both Edinburgh clubs on the same weekend. They may need to do that anyway if/when the new stand isn't completed on time.
    It's already been announced that Hibs will have our normal set of fixtures and later in the season when both are at home, Hearts must play at a different time, Hibs have the 3pm Saturday slot. Was all part of the agreement to have Hearts away from home early doors.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Buzzing for this already and the fixtures aren't even out yet, never mind the tickets!

I'll definitely be going to this, actually can't wait!
    Aye, as my good pal Bill said "summer's a bummer".

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Exactly that.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    If the SPFL had any sense they would throw in Hibs v Rangers (ER or Ibrox) on the first day of the season to garner extra interest in the opening weekend. Everyone wants to see it after 21/5/16.

"Random" fixture generator though...

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    If the SPFL had any sense they would throw in Hibs v Rangers (ER or Ibrox) on the first day of the season to garner extra interest in the opening weekend. Everyone wants to see it after 21/5/16.

Wouldn't rule it out given Gray and McGregor suspended totally random fixture generator though, one that always gives the old firm the exact home and away games after the split unlike other diddy teams.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Wouldn't rule it out given Gray and McGregor suspended totally random fixture generator though, one that always gives the old firm the exact home and away games after the split unlike other diddy teams.
    Do the league cup fixtures not count ? We play them before the league fixtures start. This competition is run by Scottish league.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Do the league cup fixtures not count ? We play them before the league fixtures start. This competition is run by Scottish league.
    No league games only. Separate for cups.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It's already been announced that Hibs will have our normal set of fixtures and later in the season when both are at home, Hearts must play at a different time, Hibs have the 3pm Saturday slot. Was all part of the agreement to have Hearts away from home early doors.

Where was it announced about mate?

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Suspensions for too many bookings only apply to league games.

The only time suspensions apply in other competitions is straight red cards for violent conduct.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Suspensions for too many bookings only apply to league games.

The only time suspensions apply in other competitions is straight red cards for violent conduct.
    Cheers, that cleared that up.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

I'm afraid my interactions with the dedicated followers of fascism at Ibrox have been rather less detailed.

Me: Could I get a programme please?
    Them: Die, ye ******* taig
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

What's the odds on the SPFL making our home game against der Hun one of the midweek games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post

Both Celtc and ourselves will be at home as league winners, so Sevco would have to have an away game. Could be on the Sunday lunchtime?

They will get full stand unless Hibs fans can show they will buy the tickets. Leeann has said this a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk