hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When the Huns come calling

Next season will see us hosting The Huns at ER for the first time since 21/05/2016.
    It's not a nice atmosphere at the best of times - but given their fans liking of busting up seating and toilets causing thousands of pounds damage these fixtures could be poisonous.
    Policing and Stewarding costs will likely be much higher than normal.
    Should the Board consider not offering away fans or reducing allocation of say 1k as we did previously?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next season will see us hosting The Huns at ER for the first time since 21/05/2016.
    It's not a nice atmosphere at the best of times - but given their fans liking of busting up seating and toilets causing thousands of pounds damage these fixtures could be poisonous.
    Should the Board consider not offering away fans or reducing allocation of say 1k as we did previously?
    I would love to see us reduce their allocation. They'd be absolutely ****ing raging.

No. Give them as many seats as possible.

If they damage anything it gets charged against the club so reducing their allocation would reduce our gate receipts for the game. If they dont pay we can do what Celtic done and with hold there part of the gate receipts to cover costs.

I would say its more than likely that we will give them a reduced allocation.

Police Scotland will also probably support it as it means less Sevco fans in and around Easter Road before and after the game. Policing and segregating the fans is fairly straightforward in the stadium its outside on the surrounding streets where problems could arise.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If we keep our performances up we could easily sell out against the Huns. Give them the same allocation we give to the wee teams we've played for the last three years - i.e. ~400.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    I can't wait to play them home and away. It's going to be absolute carnage. They're still fizzing about last year.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    No. Give them as many seats as possible.

If they damage anything it gets charged against the club so reducing their allocation would reduce our gate receipts for the game. If they dont pay we can do what Celtic done and with hold there part of the gate receipts to cover costs.

How does that work, they don't get a share unless it it's a cup game.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    I reckon we will get them away from home in the first few games.

It will be carnage.

I for one can't wait.

Give them the full whack allocation for their first visit, should they cause any damage (which is inevitable) like has been mentioned we refuse to give them what they are due until damage costs are settled then reduce their allocation for their next visit.

Why are some folk wanting to give them the full allocation before seeing if some of the south can be used for Hibs fans? If we can sell tickets ourselves give them the absolute bare minimum required. Its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Why are some folk wanting to give them the full allocation before seeing if some of the south can be used for Hibs fans? If we can sell tickets ourselves give them the absolute bare minimum required. Its a no brainer.
    Think the Police would object to splitting the South. Shame really.

If we can shift additional tickets to Hibs fans we should do so. **** Rangers, give them as small an allocation as possible and they can deal with being stuck in a wee corner surrounded by hostility for once.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Police Scotland will also probably support it as it means less Sevco fans in and around Easter Road before and after the game. Policing and segregating the fans is fairly straightforward in the stadium its outside on the surrounding streets where problems could arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Give them the full whack allocation for their first visit, should they cause any damage (which is inevitable) like has been mentioned we refuse to give them what they are due until damage costs are settled then reduce their allocation for their next visit.
    They don't get any money from us for league games. We are required to send them a bill for any repairs required after their visit.

We'll get a few tough games at home to start the season as hertz asked for away games until their stand is ready. Personally I'd tell them to get to **** and let them play to reduced capacity as we had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If we can shift additional tickets to Hibs fans we should do so. **** Rangers, give them as small an allocation as possible and they can deal with being stuck in a wee corner surrounded by hostility for once.
    It's probably more dangerous from a policing perspective to have the stand mixed with Hibs & Sevco fans so I doubt in this case it would be considered. Who knows though?

No. Whether we dislike or despise them, over the years, the Old Firm support has earned us valuable £s. We go on about "Hibs class", let them keep earning us money.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    It's probably more dangerous from a policing perspective to have the stand mixed with Hibs & Sevco fans so I doubt in this case it would be considered. Who knows though?
    Happens at Tynecastle.

I would imagine from a policing viewpoint its more problematic to have nearly 4000 Sevco fans drinking in and around the stadium pre and post game as opposed to only having 1500 or so.

Once inside the stadium its fairly easy to segregate the supporters so I cant see why Police Scotland would have an objection.

I guest we will find out soon as the first home game against them demand will be massive and we will be able to sell out the 3 home stands fairly easy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Happens at Tynecastle.
    Yes it does but given the recent history between the clubs the circumstances are different this time. It's probably easier to police inside the stadium with fans in different stands as there is a potential for it to kick off. I'm not fussy either way!

Edit: Actually having thought about it Hibs would loose £thousands if we split the South stand with hundreds of unsold seats for segregation. I'd rather Hibs got the cash. The policing costs will be the same either way.
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 19-05-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Testimonial Due
    I'd give them **** all but I know we're not allowed to so as little as possible for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They don't get any money from us for league games. We are required to send them a bill for any repairs required after their visit.

We'll get a few tough games at home to start the season as hertz asked for away games until their stand is ready. Personally I'd tell them to get to **** and let them play to reduced capacity as we had to do.
    Way I look at it if you give hearts say 5 straight away games that's a possible x amount of points in front of them right at the start of the season and they are then trying to play catch up.
    However when they start getting shafted regularly then attendances at the piggery will start to dwindle, me thinks.

GGTTH

We need to see what position we are in regards season ticket sales and what the demand is likely to be for the games against the bigot brothers. Given our poor attendances of years gone by it will always have been a safe bet to give them them the full stand and cash in. If demand is there then give the manky h*ns as little as possible and let them be intimidated for 90 minutes as is par for the course at Ibrox.
    Last edited by Bluto; 19-05-2017 at 11:23 AM.

If our gates continue to increase, I'd give them just under half of the South Stand, ~1.7k, and have a big segregation are between the two sets of fans.

If we don't expect to sell 18k tickets to Hibs Fans for that game, then give them the whole stand.

It's called the pragmatic approach.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Happens at Tynecastle.

and they've only got an imaginary upper and lower stand. Easier to segregate at ER.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    How does that work, they don't get a share unless it it's a cup game.
    Maybe it was a cup game Celtic done it, not sure.

Point still stands. Sell them as much as possible and any damages the bill gets sent to them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

Hearts potentially playing loads of games away from home at the start of the season will have no impact on our fixtures. Our fixtures will be like every other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    If our gates continue to increase, I'd give them just under half of the South Stand, ~1.7k, and have a big segregation are between the two sets of fans.

If we don't expect to sell 18k tickets to Hibs Fans for that game, then give them the whole stand.

It's called the pragmatic approach.
    This, although i'd give them slightly less than 1700. The money lost from the area cordoned off for segregation would hopefully be covered by the lower policing bill. I can't see them needing the same number of cops to police 3800 drunken huns compared to the 1200/1300 we'd hopefully give them.

I cannot wait!

Good post.

I would reduce their allocation for the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Their fans (and officials!) behaviour after the cup final was out of order

That can be forgiven, in the event of an apology and evidence of an improvement in behaviour

However, the opposite is the case

Witness their supporters' destroying property at Aberdeen Football Club's Pittodrie Stadium and Celtic's ground.

They are getting worse, not better, and until such time as an improvement can be evidenced, we should cut their allocation drastically.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can't wait for the game at Ibrox - imagine David Gray scored a last minute winner.

Heard rumours our support has some plans for the game at Ibrox - should be tasty.

Police Scotland would probably prefer to make it all Rangers support.