hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Backwards.

From being the captain in the 2nd best team in the country 3 years running, to a team just promoted. No matter what Lennons saying about finishing 2nd in the league, we will be doing well to get top 5. As Aberdeen will strengthen and so will The Rangers, Hearts will bring in players aswell and Saints always seem to be up there.

Looking at the teams accounts Aberdeen pay more than we do, so ive no doubt he would become our highest paid player. Whatever way i look at it, its a step down, there is no progression coming here.
    Aberdeen to Hibs will never be a backwards step regardless where they have finished in the league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

To be fair, I don't think Lennon was even suggesting he's a target. Only having a wee dig at rangers, through stating that many clubs (like ourselves) would be interested in a quality player, but you don't go commenting about it like the sevco manager did.

He'll no be coming to us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Backwards.

From being the captain in the 2nd best team in the country 3 years running, to a team just promoted. No matter what Lennons saying about finishing 2nd in the league, we will be doing well to get top 5. As Aberdeen will strengthen and so will The Rangers, Hearts will bring in players aswell and Saints always seem to be up there.

Looking at the teams accounts Aberdeen pay more than we do, so ive no doubt he would become our highest paid player. Whatever way i look at it, its a step down, there is no progression coming here.
    Top 5 is a baseline expectation. We already have a team that is better than Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Top 5 is a baseline expectation. We already have a team that is better than Hearts
    I'm expecting at least top 4 next season and I'll view finishing any lower than 4th as a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm expecting at least top 4 next season and I'll view finishing any lower than 4th as a failure.
    I reckon it'll be pretty close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th next season and fully expect us to be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I reckon it'll be pretty close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th next season and fully expect us to be in the mix.
    All really depends on how well Sevco do in the transfer market. With their current squad, we'll be in with a shout of matching them but they certainly have the resources available to be well out of sight in second place.

Either way we should be looking to compete with Aberdeen. They should be the benchmark for us and if they are aiming for second place then so should we.

We should certainly be looking to finish above Partick Thistle and St Johnstone although the pair of them have been very impressive, especially St Johnstone.

Hearts aren't a threat as long as Cathro stays in charge. They'll be battling relegation next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Totally ridiculous.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Nae chance we're signing Jack.