hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely gutted to hear of this. Rebel was one of my early heroes. RIP Eric
    Mine too John..sad news indeed. Many fantastic memories of Eric as a football player, but even better was his kind happy personality. I lived near Eric's shop in Poltonhall and he was always smiling and and happy to see and speak with you. I was once in his flat in Bonnyrigg when I was about 14 yrs old and he played keepie uppie with an orange.....then he did it with a penny!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    He was a great player full of so many tricks,quality person on & off the park !!! R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Sad news that he has sadly passed away. RIP Eric
    Wilson
    Shevlane Davis
    Stanton. Madsen. Cousin
    Scott Quinnn. Stein. Cormack. Stevenson

Or something like that! Stevenson is fouled and Davis scores the penalty.

R.I.P Eric.

First Team Breakthrough
    Details for Eric's funeral as follows:

Service at Mortonhall Crematorium, Main Chapel, on Thursday, May 25, at 3 pm, to which all family and friends are invited.
    Family flowers only.

R.I.P. Eric, a Hibs fan who lived the dream and became one of the most popular players of the modern era. One of my first true heroes, when Eric got in that penalty box you knew something exciting was likely to happen. Never forgotten.

First Team Breakthrough esjorto's Avatar
    R.I.P. Eric....true legend and a truly great Hibee.

This from John Mackay's book THE HIBEES......

Eric Stevenson, a teenage inside-forward whom Hibs signed after the SFA had cancelled his registration with Hearts and fined both the Tynecastle club and their manager.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    R.I.P Eric.. Used to chat to Eric quite a bit way back in the 90's when i worked in booker cash&carry Joppa and he would come in daily for his shopping, Lovely lovely man who could spend all day talking about hibs , IIRC his daughter was exactly the same and very very polite. One of life's good guys.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Absolutely gutted to hear of this. Rebel was one of my early heroes. RIP Eric

Me too, John.

Terrific player - on his day utterly unstoppable. Most right-backs just kicked him - if they could get close enough, that is.

When the news broke that he was going to retire, many fans' reaction (and mine) was, "How on earth will we ever replace him?"

67 - not old. Condolences to his family.

RIP Eric, hope he is having a great send off today. The sun is appropriately shining on Leith.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Someone I work with was at Rebel's funeral and it sounds like he had a great send off at Mortonhall with GGTTH and Sunshine on Leith being performed by the mourners before all adjourned to the 1875 Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Someone I work with was at Rebel's funeral and it sounds like he had a great send off at Mortonhall with GGTTH and Sunshine on Leith being performed by the mourners before all adjourned to the 1875 Suite.
    Glad to hear it.
    Thanks for posting.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Glad to hear it.
    Thanks for posting.
    Remember the football cards we bought as kids with the buble gum. Found a bundle of them on of which was Eric. On the back was 'A highly skilled ball player.Stevenson can play at inside forward or his original position of wingman. Cards must be 50 year old now.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Remember the football cards we bought as kids with the buble gum. Found a bundle of them on of which was Eric. On the back was 'A highly skilled ball player.Stevenson can play at inside forward or his original position of wingman. Cards must be 50 year old now.
    I've still have those. The cards had a blue coloured back with some blurb about the player on a white centre section.
    Was a bit hacked off with Eric at the time as he was one of the most common cards in Galashiels. Remember got, got, no got etc.
    I can still picture the photograph of Eric in my minds eye.