hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. Plus they relegated us. Call me petty, but BURN Accies, BURN!

J
    It wasn't Hamilton Accies who relegated Hibs mate. They just put the final nail in the coffin.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This. Plus they relegated us. Call me petty, but BURN Accies, BURN!

J

Nah, we relegated ourselves by consistently being pish for seasons and appointing woeful managers.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I agree lads, I did say I am being petty. Just like it took me a while to forgive Dundee Utd back in 1998.

J

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I keep saying it, but price has hee-haw to do with attendances....

Hibs had a Saturday match abandoned in the early 80s due to bad weather. There was a crowd of 6,000 (normal fare for the time)

To save the bother of handing out tickets, the re-arranged midweek game was free to enter. There was an estimated attendance of 12,000 at that game

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    You's obviously weren't at the midweek game away to Ross County the season we got relegated. Similar to Hamilton it was our 2nd last game of the season, fighting for our life and we took about 200 fans up. Granted no free tickets but pretty sure Hibs paid for the HSA buses that made the trip that evening...

Hibs fans have some cheek slagging anyones travelling support for those games as anything passed Dundee and our support is generally utter pish.

PS in saying that i'm still wanting hamilton to GTF
    Pretty sure that there was a lot more than 200 Hibs supporters there that night. It was the first time I made the trip and you might be right that the bus travel was free for our supporters. Went to work at 8am not knowing if I would be successful in getting
    a seat on a bus. In between doing some work I was busy checking Hibs.net to see if there was a spare seat on any buses. It wasn't until about midday that I managed to get a seat on a bus from Easter Road leaving at 2.15pm. Rushed home and got changed and just made it on time. Arrived just outside Dingwall about 6.30pm and we all got off the bus for a very welcome stretch of the legs and a couple of pints. Obviously lost 1-0 with another woeful performance and left Dingwall at 10pm. Arrived at the West End of Edinburgh at 2am and decided to walk home. Got as far as South Clerk Street, about 20 mins walk from home, but saw a taxi so decided to travel the short distance home in style. By that time it was almost 3am. Set the alarm for 6.30am for work but thought bugger it I've got some holidays to take so phoned in and had the day off.

So credit to anyone who does that journey during midweek. The weekend no problem.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Hibs had a Saturday match abandoned in the early 80s due to bad weather. There was a crowd of 6,000 (normal fare for the time)

To save the bother of handing out tickets, the re-arranged midweek game was free to enter. There was an estimated attendance of 12,000 at that game
    30 years ago!

The worlds moved on a bit.