hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What will be the GE result?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labour victory

    5 9.62%
  • Hung parliament

    11 21.15%
  • Tories by 1 - 20

    4 7.69%
  • Tories by 21 - 60

    12 23.08%
  • Tories by 61 -100

    10 19.23%
  • Tories by 101 - 140

    6 11.54%
  • Tories by 141 - 180

    3 5.77%
  • Tories by 181 or more

    1 1.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 113 of 113
  1. #91
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    26,148
    rumours May was up all night learning the words to 'derry's walls' and in future speeches she has to pause 2 mins from the end to sing GSTQ


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    rumours May was up all night learning the words to 'derry's walls' and in future speeches she has to pause 2 mins from the end to sing GSTQ
    With a name like Theresa, she will have to earn the DUP's trust. There's a whiff of Rome about her
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    26,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With a name like Theresa, she will have to earn the DUP's trust. There's a whiff of Rome about her

    not for the first time i missed a trick there tess/tessy it will most likely be


    after a quick google, her middle name is 'Mary'

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    7,460
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not for the first time i missed a trick there tess/tessy it will most likely be


    after a quick google, her middle name is 'Mary'
    She's toast
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    7,460
    Petition to oppose a Tory minority government with DUP support

    https://www.change.org/p/may-out-no-...share_petition
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,137
    A wee bit about the minority governments new stooges.

    Gregory Lloyd Campbell - In November 2014, Campbell became embroiled in a controversy after parodying the Irish language while addressing the Northern Ireland Assembly. Mocking the nationalist MLAs' tradition of beginning addressing the Assembly with the Irish words "go raibh maith agat, Ceann Comhairle" ("thank you, Speaker"), he opened a question about minority language policy saying "curry my yoghurt, can coca coalyer", an anglicised corruption of the Irish. Campbell was unwilling to apologise, and was temporarily censured.[13] He said at the DUP's annual conference later that month: "On behalf of our party let me say clearly, and slowly so that Caitríona Ruane and Gerry Adams understand, we will never agree to an Irish Language Act at Stormont and we will treat their entire wish list as no more than toilet paper." He made the comments in spite of his party consenting to the St. Andrews Agreement which explicitly stated the government would introduce an Irish Language Act similar to that in Wales.

    Sir Jeffrey Mark Donaldson - In 2009, The Daily Telegraph reported that Donaldson had repaid £555 claimed for pay-to-view films in overnight hotel stays. In total, Donaldson submitted claim forms, including receipts, for 68 pay-to-view movies.
    Hotel sources confirmed that films he put on his expenses during 2004 and 2005 were in the highest price category offered to guests, covering the latest blockbusters and adult movies.
    Donaldson issued an official statement denying watching any content of an adult or pornographic nature.
    He is a member of the Orange Order and is a supporter of Scottish football club Rangers

    Nigel Alexander Dodds - At the Twelfth of July 2013 Orange order parades, Dodds was knocked unconscious at Woodvale Avenue in the Greater Shankill area of North Belfast by a brick thrown by fellow Ulster loyalists rioting against
    Police Service of Northern Ireland roadblocks. The violence broke out following the decision by the Parades Commission to bar Orangemen from walking past the Irish republican Ardoyne area.
    Dodds had been expelled from the House of Commons chamber for using unparliamentary language by Speaker John Bercow on 10 July 2013, after Dodds had refused to withdraw his accusation that the Conservative Secretary of State
    for Northern Ireland Theresa Villiers was being "deliberately deceptive" in answering questions about her powers in respect of what he called the "outrageous" Parades Commission ruling. Dodds is a supporter of Scottish football club Rangers

    Paul Girvan - In 2003, he was elected to the Northern Ireland Assembly, representing South Antrim. He was deselected by the DUP in South Antrim in 2007, but returned to the Assembly in 2010 when he was selected to replace
    William McCrea following his resignation

    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,137
    Ian Richard Kyle Paisley Jr - In 2005, Paisley came under some criticism for his beliefs about same-sex marriages. Upon learning that David Trimble's aide, Steven King, had married his partner in Canada, Paisley was quoted as saying, "It is really astounding that David Trimble should have had a man such as this giving him advice – and must surely cast grave doubts on his own political judgement. I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious."Paisley caused further controversy in May 2007 when, in an interview with journalist Jason O'Toole in Hot Press magazine, he said that "I am pretty repulsed [sic] by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society. That doesn't mean to say that I hate them – I mean, I hate what they do."

    Emma Little-Pengelly - Emma Little-Pengelly is the daughter of the loyalist activist Noel Little. He was absent from her life between the ages of nine and eleven following an arrest for arms trafficking.

    Gavin Robinson - He won the constituency of Belfast East for the Democratic Unionist Party, defeating the incumbent Naomi Long of the Alliance Party, to become a Member of Parliament in the 2015 UK General Election.

    Richard James Shannon - He is a member of the Orange Order and Apprentice Boys of Derry In 2016, the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority announced it was launching a formal investigation into Shannon's expenses. In 2015, he was the highest-claiming MP out of 650, claiming £205,798, not including travel

    Thomas David Simpson - Simpson is a member of the Orange Order, in which he is Deputy Master of Loughgall District. He is a proponent of creationism, and his former election agent and constituency assistant, David McConaghie, who had played a key role in Simpson's 2005 election victory, was until late 2012 a prominent spokesperson for the Caleb Foundation which represented creationist and socially conservative evangelical Protestant views.

    He spoke and voted against the UK Government's Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill in February 2013 stating that "this is not the jurisdiction of this house [...] this is an ordained constitution of God, and that'll end in 'In the garden of Eden it was Adam and Eve it wasn't Adam and Steve.'" The Bill covers England and Wales as family law is devolved in Northern Ireland.

    Samuel Wilson - Wilson served as Lord Mayor of Belfast between June 2000 and June 2001. During his time as Mayor, the Andersonstown News set up a website to highlight Wilson's "naked sectarianism". The site included such quotes from Wilson as: "The GAA is the sporting wing of the IRA"; "I don't care if [gays] are ratepayers. As far as I am concerned they are perverts"; "Taigs don't pay rates"; and "They [Sinn Féin voters in the Oldpark area of Belfast] are sub-human animals". The Andersonstown News had challenged Wilson to take legal action if he felt he was being misrepresented. He did not. The website voluntarily shut down when he ended his tenure as Mayor

    His appointment and tenure as Environment Minister were heavily criticised by environmental groups. Wilson believes that man-made climate change is a "myth based on dodgy science" and "an hysterical pseudo-religion." He says that "reasoned debate must replace the scaremongering of the green climate alarmists" and "resources should be used to adapt to the consequences of climate change, rather than King Canute-style vainly trying to stop it". This, along with his opposition to the creation of an independent environmental protection agency and his support for nuclear power, led the Green Party to condemn Wilson's "deeply irresponsible message" and give him the 'Green Wash' award for being the MLA most likely to damage the environment. Wilson's beliefs on climate change have been likened to "a cigarette salesman denying that smoking causes cancer" by John Woods of Friends of the Earth, who added that "Ironically, if we listen to him Northern Ireland will suffer economically as we are left behind by smarter regions who are embracing the low carbon economy of the future".
    Wilson came under renewed criticism in February 2009 when he blocked the broadcast of climate change advertisements on television, calling them part of an "insidious propaganda campaign". He also stated "that future ecological messages could only be promoted in Northern Ireland with his permission". New Scientist magazine stated that despite the minister's comments, "the overwhelming majority of scientists do agree that there is a greater than 90% chance that the rate at which we burn fossil fuels is driving climate change".
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  9. #98
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ian Richard Kyle Paisley Jr - In 2005, Paisley came under some criticism for his beliefs about same-sex marriages. Upon learning that David Trimble's aide, Steven King, had married his partner in Canada, Paisley was quoted as saying, "It is really astounding that David Trimble should have had a man such as this giving him advice – and must surely cast grave doubts on his own political judgement. I think these sorts of relationships are immoral, offensive and obnoxious."Paisley caused further controversy in May 2007 when, in an interview with journalist Jason O'Toole in Hot Press magazine, he said that "I am pretty repulsed [sic] by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and – without caring about it – harm society. That doesn't mean to say that I hate them – I mean, I hate what they do."

    Emma Little-Pengelly - Emma Little-Pengelly is the daughter of the loyalist activist Noel Little. He was absent from her life between the ages of nine and eleven following an arrest for arms trafficking.

    Gavin Robinson - He won the constituency of Belfast East for the Democratic Unionist Party, defeating the incumbent Naomi Long of the Alliance Party, to become a Member of Parliament in the 2015 UK General Election.

    Richard James Shannon - He is a member of the Orange Order and Apprentice Boys of Derry In 2016, the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority announced it was launching a formal investigation into Shannon's expenses. In 2015, he was the highest-claiming MP out of 650, claiming £205,798, not including travel

    Thomas David Simpson - Simpson is a member of the Orange Order, in which he is Deputy Master of Loughgall District. He is a proponent of creationism, and his former election agent and constituency assistant, David McConaghie, who had played a key role in Simpson's 2005 election victory, was until late 2012 a prominent spokesperson for the Caleb Foundation which represented creationist and socially conservative evangelical Protestant views.

    He spoke and voted against the UK Government's Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill in February 2013 stating that "this is not the jurisdiction of this house [...] this is an ordained constitution of God, and that'll end in 'In the garden of Eden it was Adam and Eve it wasn't Adam and Steve.'" The Bill covers England and Wales as family law is devolved in Northern Ireland.

    Samuel Wilson - Wilson served as Lord Mayor of Belfast between June 2000 and June 2001. During his time as Mayor, the Andersonstown News set up a website to highlight Wilson's "naked sectarianism". The site included such quotes from Wilson as: "The GAA is the sporting wing of the IRA"; "I don't care if [gays] are ratepayers. As far as I am concerned they are perverts"; "Taigs don't pay rates"; and "They [Sinn Féin voters in the Oldpark area of Belfast] are sub-human animals". The Andersonstown News had challenged Wilson to take legal action if he felt he was being misrepresented. He did not. The website voluntarily shut down when he ended his tenure as Mayor

    His appointment and tenure as Environment Minister were heavily criticised by environmental groups. Wilson believes that man-made climate change is a "myth based on dodgy science" and "an hysterical pseudo-religion." He says that "reasoned debate must replace the scaremongering of the green climate alarmists" and "resources should be used to adapt to the consequences of climate change, rather than King Canute-style vainly trying to stop it". This, along with his opposition to the creation of an independent environmental protection agency and his support for nuclear power, led the Green Party to condemn Wilson's "deeply irresponsible message" and give him the 'Green Wash' award for being the MLA most likely to damage the environment. Wilson's beliefs on climate change have been likened to "a cigarette salesman denying that smoking causes cancer" by John Woods of Friends of the Earth, who added that "Ironically, if we listen to him Northern Ireland will suffer economically as we are left behind by smarter regions who are embracing the low carbon economy of the future".
    Wilson came under renewed criticism in February 2009 when he blocked the broadcast of climate change advertisements on television, calling them part of an "insidious propaganda campaign". He also stated "that future ecological messages could only be promoted in Northern Ireland with his permission". New Scientist magazine stated that despite the minister's comments, "the overwhelming majority of scientists do agree that there is a greater than 90% chance that the rate at which we burn fossil fuels is driving climate change".
    How have we ended up here!!

    Still, you can rely on the tories to topple a leader, problem is it doesnt help with parliamentary arithmetic.

  10. #99
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,389
    Imagine supporting the DUP and May over the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon all because you don't like to be in control of your countries directions.

  11. #100
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine supporting the DUP and May over the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon all because you don't like to be in control of your countries directions.
    Maybe you should quote who ever is doing that rather than throwing out yet another random rant.
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-06-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    26,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She's toast

    after reading GF's posts i think, nay..HOPE she is

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine supporting the DUP and May over the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon all because you don't like to be in control of your countries directions.

    they weren't on my ballot paper

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine supporting the DUP and May over the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon all because you don't like to be in control of your countries directions.

    Imagine being so intolerant of people with different opinions to your own...


    I'm pretty sure that Labour, Green, Liberal Democrat, voters didn't choose as you have suggested.

  14. #103
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you should quote who ever is doing that rather than throwing out yet another random rant.
    Tory voters are.

  15. #104
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tory voters are.
    Maybe you should have made it clear you were talking about the Tories in particular then. Even then it doesn't do us any harm to accept that people vote differently from us for a multitude of reasons.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  16. #105
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you should have made it clear you were talking about the Tories in particular then. Even then it doesn't do us any harm to accept that people vote differently from us for a multitude of reasons.
    Specifically aimed at tactical voters of the tories.

  17. #106
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Specifically aimed at tactical voters of the tories.
    How about those who changed from SNP to Tory in the rural heartlands?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  18. #107
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about those who changed from SNP to Tory in the rural heartlands?
    Everyone should vote for who they want, my comments are aimed at those whose hatred of SNP ended up with us having a DUP/Tory gvment.

  19. #108
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone should vote for who they want, my comments are aimed at those whose hatred of SNP ended up with us having a DUP/Tory gvment.
    Do you have some facts to back up your opinion that widespread tactical voting driven by hatred caused the SNP to lose seats?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  20. #109
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm in agreement with your point?

    Regardless, I would be steering you to Google or Wikipedia
    Eh? I take it you were more drunk than me?

  21. #110
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about those who changed from SNP to Tory in the rural heartlands?
    You've mentioned this a few times now, is there data saying voters were moving directly from the SNP to Conservative? Genuiely interested.

  22. #111
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've mentioned this a few times now, is there data saying voters were moving directly from the SNP to Conservative? Genuiely interested.
    I have posted my own totally unscientific figures and some hearsay to back up my opinion here. (Post 127 )
    Like I say, no proof, just a backing up of what I feel happened. I haven't seen any evidence that there was widespread tactical voting by Labour voters but no doubt somebody will provide some to prove I am talking *****.


    Edit - Click the link..
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-06-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,137
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have posted my own totally unscientific figures and some hearsay to back up my opinion here. (Post 127 )
    Like I say, no proof, just a backing up of what I feel happened. I haven't seen any evidence that there was widespread tactical voting by Labour voters but no doubt somebody will provide some to prove I am talking *****.

    Helps if you are on the same thread Mr Marinello

    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...=1#post5066366

    Edit, just realised you did
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  24. #113
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    27,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Helps if you are on the same thread Mr Marinello

    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...=1#post5066366

    Edit, just realised you did
    Not for the first time I was thinking what the **** have I done wrong now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved