hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ambrose

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tin hat on but Sauzee clearly doesn't give a monkeys about Hibs now. Not one peep from him since he was fired. Absolutely fantastic player but must be about 15 years and hasn't had anything to do with us despite a lot of requests from fans I'd imagine.
    He'd get an amazing reception if he came on at half-time at a match. Hopefully someone can convince him one day.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Tin hat on but Sauzee clearly doesn't give a monkeys about Hibs now. Not one peep from him since he was fired. Absolutely fantastic player but must be about 15 years and hasn't had anything to do with us despite a lot of requests from fans I'd imagine.
    Sure I read somewhere that he was given an award at the hibs club and then chucked it away on his way home.

Still one of my all time favourite players. Man is a legend and really wish he would come back and see the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Sure I read somewhere that he was given an award at the hibs club and then chucked it away on his way home.

Still one of my all time favourite players. Man is a legend and really wish he would come back and see the fans.
    Think the £8k a week wages were the only reason he was here. Great player but he has never looked back once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Agreed, it's a one way love affair I think now. He's had loads of chances to speak or appear and doesn't seem interested. Fair enough if he doesn't like the board but he doesn't seem to bother with Hibs fans who adore him either. I feel dirty typing that.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=Billychaotic182;5044701]Sure I read somewhere that he was given an award at the hibs club and then chucked it away on his way home.

Still one of my all time favourite players. Man is a legend and really wish he would come back and see the fans.[/

A link to kickback is probably where you read about him 'throwing away his award'. I'm sure a taxi driving Hearts fan just so happened to pick him up that night and witnessed it first hand if I remember correctly Hmmmm

Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=NadeAteMyLunch!;5044734]

Still one of my all time favourite players. Man is a legend and really wish he would come back and see the fans.[/

A link to kickback is probably where you read about him 'throwing away his award'. I'm sure a taxi driving Hearts fan just so happened to pick him up that night and witnessed it first hand if I remember correctly Hmmmm
    Now that I think about it I'm sure I heard about it on the Terrace podcast and most of them are hearts fans so could be a load of Tom kite

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Billychaotic182;5044742]
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post

Now that I think about it I'm sure I heard about it on the Terrace podcast and most of them are hearts fans so could be a load of Tom kite
    Load of pish. My ex wife was on the Frank Sauzee appreciation society and went to his apartment for dinner days after the presentation and the gifts were there. He treasured them and the love of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    there's more to it than that though - i don't think he has as good an understanding with the other defenders as the mcgreggor/hanlon pairing do. technically speaking, ambrose is probably the best at the club currently, but that doesn't necessarily make him the best fit. hanlon is also an absolutely superb defender, better than mcgreggor IMO - he is calm and composed in a way that always seems to bring these qualities out in his team mates. mcgreggor is brilliant, and offers something very different to hanlon, and certainly does more of the headline-grabbing last ditch tackles, and regularly throws himself in front of proverbial buses for our cause, but hanlon is absolutely essential to our defense IMO.
    Also - ambrose is a great defender, but i do have my heart in my mouth sometimes when he's on the ball.
    However good or bad Hanlon is whilst he's out injured his understanding with McGregor isn't worth a jot.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    However good or bad Hanlon is whilst he's out injured his understanding with McGregor isn't worth a jot.
    Possibly true so why not invest the potential money on a player who can step in for this and following season? Again I like Efe and he is certainly excellent but IMO if he is instigating a shorter contract then for me I wouldn't offer him it at this moment.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    [QUOTE=SingHibs;5044832]
    Load of pish. My ex wife was on the Frank Sauzee appreciation society and went to his apartment for dinner days after the presentation and the gifts were there. He treasured them and the love of the fans.
    Spot on. And for the poorly informed the Appreciation Society event took place at Easter Road, in what was known as the Almond Suite (?), not the Hibs Club. Queued for hours to get a photo with the man. He appreciated it all right. I have mine framed and signed. I also have my ticket. If any of you feel dirty go wash. Top 20 Hibby, no doubt at all.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

You need to stop reading Kickback mate. Utter pish. I was at the Appreciation event in Easter Road. If Frank didn't care about the club or the fans, he should be getting an Oscar for his acting that afternoon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    You need to stop reading Kickback mate. Utter pish. I was at the Appreciation event in Easter Road. If Frank didn't care about the club or the fans, he should be getting an Oscar for his acting that afternoon.
    I was also there. Indeed if he didn't care had already been sacked and was probably moving on and it would have been very easy to just not want the event.

Jambos can just stick to ballon molding with Rudi Skacel

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=Iggy Pope;5044845]
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post

Spot on. And for the poorly informed the Appreciation Society event took place at Easter Road, in what was known as the Almond Suite (?), not the Hibs Club. Queued for hours to get a photo with the man. He appreciated it all right. I have mine framed and signed. I also have my ticket. If any of you feel dirty go wash. Top 20 Hibby, no doubt at all.
    My ex got my Sauzee 4 shirt signed by him and still not washed it. Also had his cup final shirt in house for a few days for a raffle. Slept with it under my pillow. By the way the shirt was enormous size 50 inch.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    [QUOTE=SingHibs;5044850]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    My ex got my Sauzee 4 shirt signed by him and still not washed it. Also had his cup final shirt in house for a few days for a raffle. Slept with it under my pillow. By the way the shirt was enormous size 50 inch.
    I've got Nick Colgan's top from the 2001 cup final. He signed it for me before the final last year and told me the story about why it was huge (fits me). Apparently there was muck up from the supplier and they delivered the wrong sized tops, all the strips were huge. If you watch the game back, everyone's shirts are massive.

Franck is probably like a lot of ex-professional players and is happy with what he achieved, has his memories, his medals and now just wants to get on with his life and not live in the past.

He had a great career, he's got every right to do as he choses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I was also there. Indeed if he didn't care had already been sacked and was probably moving on and it would have been very easy to just not want the event.

Jambos can just stick to ballon molding with Rudi Skacel
    Is that just a typo or a clever and subtle homage to the great frenchman?

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    If i'm being honest i'm not overly fussed with this! Started off outstanding, Dundee Utd at Tannadice was a Sauzee-esque performance. However, I don't think he was up to much at all in the final 4-5 games, good with the ball at his feet but McGregor is much better at defending IMO.
    Last edited by cabbage_88; 17-05-2017 at 06:27 AM.

I was lucky enough to be at his presentation day. Dougray Scott was one of the mains hosts of the day.
    Frank was given a French style Wine Decanter especially made with his family crest on it.
    Someone did their homework and found out that his family were heavily involved in wine making.
    I can assure you, at least on the day, he was humbled especially with the work and thought that went into the Decanter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbage_88 View Post
    If i'm being honest i'm not overly fussed with this! Started off outstanding, Dundee Utd at Tannadice was a Sauzee-esque performance. However, I don't think he was up to much at all in the final 4-5 games, good with the ball at his feet but McGregor is much better at defending IMO.
    There are times when I think we have to be a bit bigger than just shop windowing players at times and really that is all a 6month deal is for me in tnis case.

I do not want us having to change key areas halfway through season. If Efe wants to commit and get a move then for me its a whole season or not at all our defence is actually a part of team I am not overly concerned with.

For me we have bigger issues going forward I woukd rather most of our funds are put into this area of the team. I would rather take a high caliber forward than defender for 6months with our current squad.

Left by mutual consent!
    I welcome the signing of Efe for 6 months. He is a very good defender and I think Lennon likes to build his teams from a strong defence. Efe, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine & Forster certainly gives us a strong lot to choose from at centre half. If Bartley gets injured then Efe can fill in with the defensive midfield duties.

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    i assume the deal takes him up to the time when he can get the paperwork to play in England without the visa issues. He plays well for us he gets his move down south. Suits everyone.
    Yeah, he's eligible to apply for ILR (basically permanent residency) in August. After that he can work anywhere in the UK without a visa.

You can get ILR on the same day that you apply so he could possibly train with us over the summer, and we then sell him at the summer deadline. Probably very unlikely but technically still possible

Ambrose was in today it's now down to the agent! We're deffo trying to bring stokes in!! I was speaking to Neil Lennon today at the golf

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    I welcome the signing of Efe for 6 months. He is a very good defender and I think Lennon likes to build his teams from a strong defence. Efe, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine & Forster certainly gives us a strong lot to choose from at centre half. If Bartley gets injured then Efe can fill in with the defensive midfield duties.
    Remember Lennon playing Hanlon as a defensive midfielder as well

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    Ambrose was in today it's now down to the agent! We're deffo trying to bring stokes in!! I was speaking to Neil Lennon today at the golf
    Now if we can get Stokes that would make my day.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    There are times when I think we have to be a bit bigger than just shop windowing players at times and really that is all a 6month deal is for me in tnis case.

I do not want us having to change key areas halfway through season. If Efe wants to commit and get a move then for me its a whole season or not at all our defence is actually a part of team I am not overly concerned with.

For me we have bigger issues going forward I woukd rather most of our funds are put into this area of the team. I would rather take a high caliber forward than defender for 6months with our current squad.
    You want! You wish! For you the big picture etc! Who named YOU leader?? (Quote fi the Warriors, classic film)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    You want! You wish! For you the big picture etc! Who named YOU leader?? (Quote fi the Warriors, classic film)
    Can hear the ice cubes in your whisky from here. Think you need to settle down for the night although I may subscribe to your monthly newsletter "how to embarrass yourself online".
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 17-05-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Can hear the ice cubes in your whisky from here. Think you need to settle down for the night. Im no leader Major.
    Big ears dude I'm in Spain. Guy who made the quote didnae last long either, settled doon here wi my beer, & Ambrose for 6 or 12 months. Good detail imo.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Big ears dude I'm in Spain. Guy who made the quote didnae last long either, settled doon here wi my beer, & Ambrose for 6 or 12 months. Good detail imo.
    Sorry my mistake, Sangria.

Testimonial Due
    Great deal just enjoy him while he's here,he's been fantastic for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Great deal just enjoy him while he's here,he's been fantastic for us.
    I will enjoy.