hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: SNP nonsense

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure I understand this point.
    1st point - you would think with all the hoops a British citizen has to jump through to get a passport the government would keep the making of them in house (i.e. the UK) for security reasons obviously.
    2nd point - the continual use of "England" when it's plain they mean Great Britain. A small point maybe, but it does irk me.
    You probably will disagree with both points. And that's fine.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Nice to see another SNP councillor elected in Penicuik yesterday.

https://www.midlothian.gov.uk/news/a...lection_result

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    1st point - you would think with all the hoops a British citizen has to jump through to get a passport the government would keep the making of them in house (i.e. the UK) for security reasons obviously.
    2nd point - the continual use of "England" when it's plain they mean Great Britain. A small point maybe, but it does irk me.
    You probably will disagree with both points. And that's fine.
    EU Procurement law. We can’t favour any company (even British) over another EU company, unless there is an exemption.

Unfortunately wee books with photos in them don’t get an exemption, submarine building however, does.

I’m sure the Home office Procurement team selected the most economically advantageous tender. (Ie best value for money for the taxpayer). We can’t buy British if it means getting shafted by a British company.

FWIW, I don’t see that changing post Brexit, or things are going to get mighty expensive for us taxpayers.

J

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    EU Procurement law. We can’t favour any company (even British) over another EU company, unless there is an exemption.

Unfortunately wee books with photos in them don’t get an exemption, submarine building however, does.

I’m sure the Home office Procurement team selected the most economically advantageous tender. (Ie best value for money for the taxpayer). We can’t buy British if it means getting shafted by a British company.

FWIW, I don’t see that changing post Brexit, or things are going to get mighty expensive for us taxpayers.

J
    A-ha! That's it then, I'm on the No vote side now. I'm not having my passport made anywhere but here.

"Procurement". Why is it everytime that word comes up it is attached to something I don't want but am being forced into?. I've yet to have personal experience of it working the other way.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    A-ha! That's it then, I'm on the No vote side now. I'm not having my passport made anywhere but here.

"Procurement". Why is it everytime that word comes up it is attached to something I don't want but am being forced into?. I've yet to have personal experience of it working the other way.
    It’s just the name for “buying stuff”.

All Government Departments, companies and your man in the market stall do it.

J

Blog Entries
    Well done the Daily Mail for headlining the SNP's £100k spending on Facebook.
    Shocking news.

Not so shocking apparently (as they don't mention it), is the other parties spending on on F/B.
    Conservative £2.1m
    Labour £577k
    Lib/Dem £412k
    Greens £19k
    (SNP £43k)

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Shocking news.

Not so shocking apparently (as they don't mention it), is the other parties spending on on F/B.
    Conservative £2.1m
    Labour £577k
    Lib/Dem £412k
    Greens £19k
    (SNP £43k)
    Depending on your viewpoint as either it's the above, or it's hypocrisy as the SNP have been very good at data mining Facebook data for years and have boasted about how well it has served them.

As I say you will see it one way or the other.
    Last edited by johnbc70; 25-03-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Depending on your viewpoint as either it's the above, or it's hypocrisy as the SNP have been very good at data mining Facebook data for years and have boasted about how well it has served them.

As I say you will see it one way or the other.
    Fair enough. Folk can take from both posts what they wish. I should add, I was a bit hesitant about posting the figures as I wasn't 100% of their accuracy as they could obviously be as twisted as the DM's appear to be.
    My argument isn't with political parties using Facebook or how much they spend on it,. The problem I have wiith this is the daily barrage of anti-SNP propaganda from that 'newspaper' and it's ilk. Most of the Press in this country are a disgrace to their profession. Btw, I'm including the extreme right, the extreme left and all the colours in between.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Fair enough. Folk can take from both posts what they wish. I should add, I was a bit hesitant about posting the figures as I wasn't 100% of their accuracy as they could obviously be as twisted as the DM's appear to be.
    My argument isn't with political parties using Facebook or how much they spend on it,. The problem I have wiith this is the daily barrage of anti-SNP propaganda from that 'newspaper' and it's ilk. Most of the Press in this country are a disgrace to their profession. Btw, I'm including the extreme right, the extreme left and all the colours in between.
    Buy the National then, full of the opposite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Buy the National then, full of the opposite.
    The National comes under the same umbrella as the rest. They all have differing levels of ethics. The Daily Mail has none, IMO

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Having been at a meeting of a Yes campaign group today I have to say that I was surprised at how much the SNP used social media to farm opinions. I almost walked away as it was Almost a branch meeting. I'll give it another go as it was the first meeting.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Folk can take from both posts what they wish. I should add, *I was a bit hesitant about posting the figures as I wasn't 100% of their accuracy as they could obviously be as twisted as the DM's appear to be.
    *Addition info on figures. -->> chart.jpg
    Last edited by snooky; 25-03-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Having been at a meeting of a Yes campaign group today I have to say that I was surprised at how much the SNP used social media to farm opinions. I almost walked away as it was Almost a branch meeting. I'll give it another go as it was the first meeting.
    The nats have been very proud of their use of databases etc, they werr way ahead of the other parties and their willingness to embrace the new undoubtedly helped them leave the other parties in their wake in the last decade or so.

A company called, i think, industrial new media, run by a guy called kirk torrance were pivotal to their digital work.

Shocking news.

Conservative £2.1m
    Labour £577k
    Lib/Dem £412k
    Greens £19k
    (SNP £43k)
    They had to have a deflection story on the front page, otherwise someone might have joined the dots and mentioned Cambridge analytica, or the Russian rubbles rushing into the Tory coffers.

Then again, maybe the vast amount of cash the Tories spent on their social media tactics came from the same sources...Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    The nats have been very proud of their use of databases etc, they werr way ahead of the other parties and their willingness to embrace the new undoubtedly helped them leave the other parties in their wake in the last decade or so.

A company called, i think, industrial new media, run by a guy called kirk torrance were pivotal to their digital work.
    Ah, Kirk. "Former" new media strategist at the SNP 2010-2016, and SNP member.

https://twitter.com/KirkJTorrance/st...35188537835520

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Ah, Kirk. "Former" new media strategist at the SNP 2010-2016, and SNP member.

https://twitter.com/KirkJTorrance/st...35188537835520
    He seems to be protesting A LOT on his twitter...

Blog Entries
    Extracted from the Scottish Express......

JEREMY CLARKSON TAKES SWIPE AT SCOTLAND OVER INDEPENDENCE BID AMID 'POST-BREXIT' RANT
    JEREMY CLARKSON has taken a dig at the Scotland’s bid for independence as he spoke out about the political issues the UK will face after Brexit whilst ranting about the 2014 referendum.
    The 58-year-old former Top Gear presenter insisted that he “doesn’t understand” the need for Scottish independence.
    “Scotland had a vote on independence in 2014, and sanity prevailed,” he said. “Then those who lost immediately decided they’d like another vote.
    “And so it will go until, eventually, they win, and we will have to post soldiers on the road out of Gretna Green,” he wrote in his Sunday Times column.
    “I don’t understand the need for Scottish independence,” The Grand Tour host continued.
    “The Battle of Falkirk was a very long time ago. And it’s not as is England can win the Calcutta Cup any more.
    I don’t understand the need for Scottish independence “
    “What’s more, the Scottish have exactly the same problem with going it alone as we’ll have post-Brexit.”
    Jeremy Clarkson went on to say that a “bicurious artisan” who sells clothes knitted “from her own armpit hair” in the Scottish Highlands doesn’t have much in common politically with “a heroin enthusiast from the tenements in Glasgow”.
    He stated that independence would not unite the country or “bring Sean Connery back”.
    “Do they want different laws?” he asked. “Really? What laws?
    “Legalisation of burglary? The age of consent raised to 48? Compulsory yodelling for anyone on a bicycle?

Well, that's convinced me.
    I am now confident I can described my opinion of this man in four letters.
    Last edited by snooky; 16-04-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Extracted from the Scottish Express......

JEREMY CLARKSON TAKES SWIPE AT SCOTLAND OVER INDEPENDENCE BID AMID 'POST-BREXIT' RANT
    JEREMY CLARKSON has taken a dig at the Scotland’s bid for independence as he spoke out about the political issues the UK will face after Brexit whilst ranting about the 2014 referendum.
    The 58-year-old former Top Gear presenter insisted that he “doesn’t understand” the need for Scottish independence.
    “Scotland had a vote on independence in 2014, and sanity prevailed,” he said. “Then those who lost immediately decided they’d like another vote.
    “And so it will go until, eventually, they win, and we will have to post soldiers on the road out of Gretna Green,” he wrote in his Sunday Times column.
    “I don’t understand the need for Scottish independence,” The Grand Tour host continued.
    “The Battle of Falkirk was a very long time ago. And it’s not as is England can win the Calcutta Cup any more.
    I don’t understand the need for Scottish independence “
    “What’s more, the Scottish have exactly the same problem with going it alone as we’ll have post-Brexit.”
    Jeremy Clarkson went on to say that a “bicurious artisan” who sells clothes knitted “from her own armpit hair” in the Scottish Highlands doesn’t have much in common politically with “a heroin enthusiast from the tenements in Glasgow”.
    He stated that independence would not unite the country or “bring Sean Connery back”.
    “Do they want different laws?” he asked. “Really? What laws?
    “Legalisation of burglary? The age of consent raised to 48? Compulsory yodelling for anyone on a bicycle?

Well, that's convinced me.
    I am now confident I can described my opinion of this man in four letters.
    😁 the bi-curious artisan line is pretty funny!

I have to admit though, that the massive drag glasgow and the west central Scotland would be on an indy Scotland is something thay concerns me.

Clarkson's views are no more informed than the average punter down the pub. I suppose that's his attraction for a lot of people.
    The difference is he had the opportunity to express them to the wider world.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Clarkson's views are no more informed than the average punter down the pub. I suppose that's his attraction for a lot of people.
    The difference is he had the opportunity to express them to the wider world.
    It’s also not meant to be taken seriously.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s also not meant to be taken seriously.
    Yet The Scotsman gives his Sunday Times article prominence on their website. Someone's taking it seriously.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Yet The Scotsman gives his Sunday Times article prominence on their website. Someone's taking it seriously.
    They are relying on 'outrage' - total clickbait.

They will be ringing around SNP MSPs trying to get one who is stupid or desperate enough to commment or respond - the nats are usually pretty savvy with this kind of thing though.

They will be ringing around SNP MSPs trying to get one who is stupid or desperate enough to commment or respond - the nats are usually pretty savvy with this kind of thing though.
    The Sun is running a story about Derek Mackay's brother (who is a Hun) posting a video on facebook of himself, his fiancee and other Huns singing the Billy Boys at an Old Firm game.

A Tory spokesman said: “This is the brother of the second most powerful man in Scotland, posting a vile sectarian song. On the very same page he is embracing leading politicians.”
    Do they *really* want to go there?

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with Clarkson having his own personal views on the matter.
    However, political views aside, he's a totally obnoxious walloper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The Sun is running a story about Derek Mackay's brother (who is a Hun) posting a video on facebook of himself, his fiancee and other Huns singing the Billy Boys at an Old Firm game.
    To the Sun -
    "I am not my brother's keeper" (Genesis)
    End of.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

I agree with you, but i would ask the question if the roles were reversed, would some of the more rabid nats on here accept that?

But you cant blame McKay... god knows im sure we are all pretty disgusted with some of things our relatives come out with.

I will just never understand the need of so many people to post everythign on the internet.

I agree with you, but i would ask the question if the roles were reversed, would some of the more rabid nats on here accept that?

But you cant blame McKay... god knows im sure we are all pretty disgusted with some of things our relatives come out with.

I will just never understand the need of so many people to post everythign on the internet.
    More than enough to be going on with, with the Tories in power at the moment.

#Windrush #Rapeclause #Bedroomtax #Syria

Anyone caught singing sectarian songs should be hung from the local Mercat cross, and pelted with rotten veg.

To the Sun -
    "I am not my brother's keeper" (Genesis)
    End of.
    Great quote, which makes me feel a bit better about the fact that my brother used to work for the Sun.

It's great to see a deal being done to keep the three yards open at Bi-fab. Let's hope they can start getting a pipeline of orders, up and running.

https://t.co/7eIxVNc01u