hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SNP nonsense

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely you have a sneaking admiration for their use of deflection.
    You don’t happen to have a link to Wilson blaming the SNP for what is happening in the hospitals down South right now do you? He must have totally lost it if that’s what he has said.
    No idea what you're on about guv.

In other news... 98.7% of Scottish ambulances are double crewed, and if a single crewed ambulance is sent to an emergency as the closest person, a double crewed ambulance is sent as back up.

Not such a bad story now is it?

The real story is, why would the BBC and STV run this today when it was available in August. FOI done by the Tories and held back for maximum damage?
    Last edited by ronaldo7; 04-01-2018 at 07:31 PM.

SCOTLAND CAN.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    No idea what you're on about guv.

In other news... 98.7% of Scottish ambulances are double crewed, and if a single crewed ambulance is sent to an emergency as the closest person, a double crewed ambulance is sent as back up.

Not such a bad story now is it?
    I made no comment on the Ambulance story, itís a non-story anyway. I think we agree on that one.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I made no comment on the Ambulance story, itís a non-story anyway. I think we agree on that one.
    And I made no comment on Brian Wilson.

SCOTLAND CAN.

And I made no comment on Brian Wilson.
    Iíll wait on Snooky to get me the link then. I know you are usually ahead of the game on these things though so thought it was worth asking.

Iíll wait on Snooky to get me the link then. I know you are usually ahead of the game on these things though so thought it was worth asking.
    This is the only Brian Wilson, I listen to.

04-brian-wilson.jpg

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Non-partisan point, honest.

Neither England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are managing to cope with the pressures in their health systems. Doesn't matter which party has power, they would all face the same problems. That's been the case for long periods of the NHS's existence and has only got worse as we develop more complicated ways of keeping people with ill-health alive for longer - sad, but true.

The only periods where the NHS has been in a very healthy state have been where there's been societal affluence on a scale that doesn't happen very often. It benefited after its set-up when Britain enjoyed growth in the first half of the 1950s and it benefited when Labour turned on the spending taps in the second Blair term.

Other than that, regardless of political hue, it's an inconvenient truth that we don't adequately pay for something we all think we should have.

That doesn't mean we should hike taxes to fund the system. That would become a never-ending story of feeding the beast.

It does mean we should consider the whole system - housing, social care and health - as well as looking at the dynamic within health, where there is far too much fetishising of the latest, state of the art technology, and far too much focus on waiting times for elective surgery, meaning that resources will never be freed up to be reallocated to community care, which maybe just might alleviate some of the issues that hospitals are facing.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Non-partisan point, honest.

Neither England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are managing to cope with the pressures in their health systems. Doesn't matter which party has power, they would all face the same problems. That's been the case for long periods of the NHS's existence and has only got worse as we develop more complicated ways of keeping people with ill-health alive for longer - sad, but true.

The only periods where the NHS has been in a very healthy state have been where there's been societal affluence on a scale that doesn't happen very often. It benefited after its set-up when Britain enjoyed growth in the first half of the 1950s and it benefited when Labour turned on the spending taps in the second Blair term.

Other than that, regardless of political hue, it's an inconvenient truth that we don't adequately pay for something we all think we should have.

That doesn't mean we should hike taxes to fund the system. That would become a never-ending story of feeding the beast.

It does mean we should consider the whole system - housing, social care and health - as well as looking at the dynamic within health, where there is far too much fetishising of the latest, state of the art technology, and far too much focus on waiting times for elective surgery, meaning that resources will never be freed up to be reallocated to community care, which maybe just might alleviate some of the issues that hospitals are facing.
    I'd agree with that, although some areas of the UK could look and listen to others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40494488

SCOTLAND CAN.

I'd agree with that, although some areas of the UK could look and listen to others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40494488
    Yes and maybe other parts of the UK could beg office workers to volunteer to clean hospital wards, which is what's happening in Scotland.

I tried to make it non-partisan, non-point scoring. Shame you couldn't.

And a six-month old link is way behind for you, and sort of ignores the whole winter crisis thing. Were you just clearing your inbox
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; 04-01-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Yes and maybe other parts of the UK could beg office workers to volunteer to clean hospital wards, which is what's happening in Scotland.

I tried to make it non-partisan, non-point scoring. Shame you couldn't.

And a six-month old link is way behind for you, and sort of ignores the whole winter crisis thing. Were you just clearing your inbox
    I didn't.

Merely pointing out that parts of the UK (and that includes Scotland) can learn from other parts.

Shame you couldn't see that though.

SCOTLAND CAN.

I didn't.

Merely pointing out that parts of the UK (and that includes Scotland) can learn from other parts.

I didn't.

That's okay.

Should office workers be taken away from their duties and asked to clean hospital wards? Will they have the right training in infection control to avoid making matters worse? They're not trained healthcare professionals. Is this just a recipe for making matters worse?

England, Wales and Northern Ireland might learn from this, you're right.

Anyways, as I said in my original post there's a more fundamental problem that none of the parties seem capable of acknowledging publicly. In some respects, the Tories actually seem to be doing their best to acknowledge it 'un-publicly' by driving the NHS to the cliff-edge, if not over it.

Time for grown-up and non-partisan reflection on what we want and expect from health services, with then a massive intake of breath when we realise what it might cost, followed by a belated reappraisal of what we could do upstream to reduce the pressures on acute hospital care.

What's wrong with you?

Their are 4 Health services in the UK. I posted a link to one from my country.

Maybe we should have the Tories post links from England, and the Labour peeps post links from Wales.

SCOTLAND CAN.

That's okay.

Should office workers be taken away from their duties and asked to clean hospital wards? Will they have the right training in infection control to avoid making matters worse? They're not trained healthcare professionals. Is this just a recipe for making matters worse?

England, Wales and Northern Ireland might learn from this, you're right.

Anyways, as I said in my original post there's a more fundamental problem that none of the parties seem capable of acknowledging publicly. In some respects, the Tories actually seem to be doing their best to acknowledge it 'un-publicly' by driving the NHS to the cliff-edge, if not over it.

Time for grown-up and non-partisan reflection on what we want and expect from health services, with then a massive intake of breath when we realise what it might cost, followed by a belated reappraisal of what we could do upstream to reduce the pressures on acute hospital care.
    Thanks.

SCOTLAND CAN.

What's wrong with you?

Their are 4 Health services in the UK. I posted a link to one from my country.

Maybe we should have the Tories post links from England, and the Labour peeps post links from Wales.
    So only SNP voters should post on Scottish matters?

Would it not be easier for them just to post lots of pro-Nationalist hyperlinks, without discussion?

Oh, hold on.......

So only SNP voters should post on Scottish matters?

Would it not be easier for them just to post lots of pro-Nationalist hyperlinks, without discussion?

Oh, hold on.......

I thought you were up on your NHS and who runs what in each country.

Seems not.

SCOTLAND CAN.

Thanks.
    You would come across as far better if you acknowledged that the state of our health services was a problem which no party has yet managed to address, but has been something your newfound party has had ten years to address. The record of the SNP is abysmal but I would concede that I don't think anyone would have made a success of it, barring huge (and unproductive) tax hikes, or enjoying the circumstances that only maybe two administrations in seventy years have enjoyed.

Still, there's being abysmal and then there's being abysmal and doing something about it. Office workers being asked to clean hospital wards is as bad as it got during the worst of the Tory years in the eighties and nineties but you have no answer to that? Are you really defending the management of a health service where admin staff are being asked to prevent MRSA and Staph?

I genuinely would welcome you explaining why we are in such a state, in your own words.

Up to you whether you fall back on hyperlinks and emoticons........

You would come across as far better if you acknowledged that the state of our health services was a problem which no party has yet managed to address, but has been something your newfound party has had ten years to address. The record of the SNP is abysmal but I would concede that I don't think anyone would have made a success of it, barring huge (and unproductive) tax hikes, or enjoying the circumstances that only maybe two administrations in seventy years have enjoyed.

Still, there's being abysmal and then there's being abysmal and doing something about it. Office workers being asked to clean hospital wards is as bad as it got during the worst of the Tory years in the eighties and nineties but you have no answer to that? Are you really defending the management of a health service where admin staff are being asked to prevent MRSA and Staph?

I genuinely would welcome you explaining why we are in such a state, in your own words.

Up to you whether you fall back on hyperlinks and emoticons........
    I've already agreed with the bit in bold on post 427, but in your haste to argue, you've failed to see the wood for the trees, as is your want.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bran Wilson has blamed the SNP for what is happening in English hospitals just now? That would be mental. Got a link?
    I was being facetious, though the little rottweiler may well have. He blames the SNP for everything else that's gone wrong in his world.

Corbyn defending the Labour run NHS Wales today, it's UK government funding cuts that are causing problems. I'm guessing it's the same for NHS Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wale...over-welsh-nhs

PMQs: May and Corbyn trade blows over Welsh NHS
    Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have clashed over the NHS in Wales during the last Prime Minister's Questions of the year.

The prime minister and the Labour leader traded figures about the relative performance of the health services in England and Wales.

Mr Corbyn attacked the UK government's record on waiting times and NHS staffing in England.

Mrs May responded by quoting statistics about Labour's record on health in Wales.

Mr Corbyn then defended the Welsh Government's record and said it depended on a grant from Westminster that is being cut by five per cent by 2020.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Always someone else's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Corbyn defending the Labour run NHS Wales today, it's UK government funding cuts that are causing problems. I'm guessing it's the same for NHS Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wale...over-welsh-nhs

PMQs: May and Corbyn trade blows over Welsh NHS
    Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have clashed over the NHS in Wales during the last Prime Minister's Questions of the year.

The prime minister and the Labour leader traded figures about the relative performance of the health services in England and Wales.

Mr Corbyn attacked the UK government's record on waiting times and NHS staffing in England.

Mrs May responded by quoting statistics about Labour's record on health in Wales.

Mr Corbyn then defended the Welsh Government's record and said it depended on a grant from Westminster that is being cut by five per cent by 2020.

He can't have it both ways. Trouble is, he's listening to Dick and Neil when he comes to Scotland.

stan-laurel-oliver-hardy.jpg

SCOTLAND CAN.

He can't have it both ways. Trouble is, he's listening to Dick and Neil when he comes to Scotland.

stan-laurel-oliver-hardy.jpg
    Either that or simply reading and listening to our unbiased impartial press and newspapers!

The problems at Police Scotland continue and now we have allegations of Government interference around the publication of a report in to the SPA. Surely even the staunchest of SNP supporters canít defend the Scottish Government on this one.

The problems at Police Scotland continue and now we have allegations of Government interference around the publication of a report in to the SPA. Surely even the staunchest of SNP supporters canít defend the Scottish Government on this one.
    Don't you want to hear both sides of the argument before forming the

SCOTLAND CAN.

Don't you want to hear both sides of the argument before forming the
    Iím talking about the whole Police Scotland project being a mess here. Care to defend it rather than your usual deflection? Thatís if you can.

Iím talking about the whole Police Scotland project being a mess here. Care to defend it rather than your usual deflection? Thatís if you can.
    As I've said, shouldn't we get both sides of the story before getting the pitch forks out? If Matheson has done wrong, he'll be dealt with accordingly.

SCOTLAND CAN.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Energy giant BP has announced two new North Sea oil and gas discoveries".
    Oh no. The last thing the Indy guys need is another carrot.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    good to see ruth davidson falling back down the polls again, i hope the trend continues, solid vote for the SNP over both scottish unionist party's

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...l/?ref=mr&lp=2

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    good to see ruth davidson falling back down the polls again, i hope the trend continues, solid vote for the SNP over both scottish unionist party's

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...l/?ref=mr&lp=2
    I cannae get my head around the fact that that survey shows the Tories polling at 24% whilst the LibDems are only 7%,,,, what's going on in (this particular place of) the world?

Domestic abuse Scotland bill passed. Now that's a Guid use of parliamentary time. Well done.

SCOTLAND CAN.