hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SNP nonsense

SNP nonsense

Wee Nicky doesnt know if she's coming or going just now .

We need a referendum because were being dragged out of the EU #castironmandate

Now she's not even sure an independent Scotland will join the EU

The General Election is not about independence says Nicola

The general Election is all about independence says Alex

The General Election is about independence says Nicola after consulting Alex

now its back to not being about independence

The general election is now about giving Nicky a seat at the Brexit negotiating table #hurrdtorreeebrixit

2. Log in to remove the advert

You seem obsessed with independence. What party do you actually support? This anti SNP stuff provides no constructiveness.

To be fair to Sturgeon she has always said she wants to get the best deal with the EU that she can with full membership the aim. It's a realistic stance.
    The attempts to paint other parties as obsessed by independence are laughable though, the SNP have to concentrate on the constitution in order to deflect attention from their poor domestic performance. She admitted over the weekend that after ten years they had to do better on education, the policy she says she wants judged on. She can't blame Westminster for that after boasting that she is throwing more money at the problems. That's not working so it has to be their management to blame.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    It's nonsense to suggest your summery is accurate.
    For the first time in many years there is no need for big debates it's all been done to death.
    Pick your party place your vote.
    For clarity I will be voting SNP 😁😁

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem obsessed with independence. What party do you actually support? This anti SNP stuff provides no constructiveness.
    Traditionally a labour supporter/voter . Not obsessed with independence at all , id rather we were talking about the things that matter to Scotland , our kids education , our economy etc . Its your Dear Leader that has got everyone talking about the I word and you have been lapping it up while pumping out the anti torree stuff that also provides no constructiveness

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Wee Nicky, Dear leader?

I thought we'd done the kiddy stuff to death... Seems not.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

Testimonial Due
    Why is it any less constructive than the anti-tory stuff?

Governing parties get the most attention, the most scrutiny and the most flak - it just goes with the territory.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Wee Nicky doesnt know if she's coming or going just now .

We need a referendum because were being dragged out of the EU #castironmandate

Now she's not even sure an independent Scotland will join the EU

The General Election is not about independence says Nicola

The general Election is all about independence says Alex

The General Election is about independence says Nicola after consulting Alex

now its back to not being about independence

The general election is now about giving Nicky a seat at the Brexit negotiating table #hurrdtorreeebrixit
    I do agree her approach to brexit is a bit scattergun and incoherent - absolutely not things the SNP habe been guilty of often in recent years.

I really think Sturgeon is proving to be a poor FM. She gives the impression of not being focused on anything except indy, when the snp success of the ladt decade was built on being good enough with other issues, that indy was almost secondary.

She increasingly looks quite craven, and if she keeps making 'demands' of the PM that continually get swatted away, she will make herself look very weak.

Anecdotally, i think a lot of people just seem to dislike her - ive always thought she had a bit too much of the chip-on-the-shoulder-weegie, and the constant moaning is only reinforcing that, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Why is it any less constructive than the anti-tory stuff?

Governing parties get the most attention, the most scrutiny and the most flak - it just goes with the territory.
    If it was SCOTGOV elections I would understand people scrutinizing the SNP and their policies with regards to devolved powers and time in Gvment. Instead of the SNPBAD stuff why don't people like yourself give us your reason as to why we should vote Tory, labour or libdems. What policies do you agree with etc but no just like kezia and Ruth the only thing I am hearing is we don't want a 2nd referendum so don't vote for SNP, which serves no constructiveness as it has no relevance. As a whole I think SNP have served as much better opposition than labour have.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 15-05-2017 at 10:07 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If it was SCOTGOV elections I would understand people scrutinizing the SNP and their policies with regards to devolved powers and time in Gvment. Instead of the SNPBAD stuff why don't people like yourself give us your reason as to why we should vote Tory, labour or libdems. What policies do you agree with etc but no just like kezia and Ruth the only thing I am hearing is we don't want a 2nd referendum so don't vote for SNP
    Sadly, that's the LibDem line too.

1. stop the referendum

2. stop the Tories.

Nothing positive, except

3. invest more in education.

Forgetting that 3 has got naff all to do with this election.

I didn't realise it until I read this thread, but although Edinburgh will always be my home and I miss it dearly, I'm so glad I'm away from all this petty crap.

The Corbyn stuff is more than enough for me.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Sadly, that's the LibDem line too.

1. stop the referendum

2. stop the Tories.

Nothing positive, except

3. invest more in education.

Forgetting that 3 has got naff all to do with this election.
    Stop Brexit.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Stop Brexit.
    There was nothing about Brexit from my local candidate. Just those 3 items above.

Oh, there was one other.... Labour have no chance of winning this seat, so vote for us.

It's depressing and insulting.

If it was SCOTGOV elections I would understand people scrutinizing the SNP and their policies with regards to devolved powers and time in Gvment. Instead of the SNPBAD stuff why don't people like yourself give us your reason as to why we should vote Tory, labour or libdems. What policies do you agree with etc but no just like kezia and Ruth the only thing I am hearing is we don't want a 2nd referendum so don't vote for SNP, which serves no constructiveness as it has no relevance. As a whole I think SNP have served as much better opposition than labour have.
    The only reason myself or anyone in scotland will vote for the Libs , Labour or the bad Torreees at this election is to shut Sturgeon up and get shot of the SNP.

Testimonial Due
    Economic competence, mostly. I think they are the best at amanging thr economy, and i think IF (admittedly a big IF) May takes on the mantle of one-nation, centre ground politics, thats the best way for the UK to go. Im prepared to give hwr the benefit of the doubt, particuarly given the relative strength of the alternatives.

Why would i cast my vote for a party that cant win, and cant realistically hope to have any meaningful leverage? A party would use my vote for them as an endorsement of a policy that they claim isnt up for debate, but that quite literally is their only reason for existing?

Alternatively, i might still vote labour IF come polling day i think Ian Murray can win. Wee hearts bassa he may be, but a centrist labour guy who is a good constituency MP is a strong addition to the parliament.

And i also dont particuarly rate the SNP candidate, who already loat the holyrood Edinburgh South seat.

If i lived in a seat where the lib dems were viable, i would consider lending my vote to them.

Othr than indy or brexit (maybe), what is the point of a vote for a party that cant win, and cant be a constructive oppoaition (even if there was an opportunity, which i doubt there will be) like the SNP?
    Last edited by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy; 15-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.

The only reason myself or anyone in scotland will vote for the Libs , Labour or the bad Torreees at this election is to shut Sturgeon up and get shot of the SNP.
    So you'll throw your vote away in protest against someone who isn't standing in the election?

That sounds a wee bit obsessed to me.

Economic competence, mostly. I think they are the best at amanging thr economy, and i think IF (admittedly a big IF) May takes on the mantle of one-nation, centre ground politics, thats the best way for the UK to go.

Why would i cast my vote for a party that cant win, and cant realistically hope to have any meaningful leverage? A party would use my vote for them as an endorsement of a policy that they claim isnt up for debate, but that quite literally is their only reason for existing?

Alternatively, i might still vote labour IF come polling day i think Ian Murray can win. Wee hearts bassa he may be, but a centrist labour guy who is a good constituency MP is a strong addition to the parliament.

And i also dont particuarly rate the SNP candidate, who already loat the holyrood Edinburgh South seat.

If i lived in a seat where the lib dems were viable, i would consider lending my vote to them.

Lots of reasons...

Othr than indy or brexit (maybe), what is the point of a vote for a party that cant win, and cant be a constructive oppoaition (even if there was an opportunity, which i doubt there will be) like the SNP?

There, in a nutshell, is the root of the problem with the Westminster system IMO. By that reasoning, it's a 1 or, at most, a 2-horse race. Contrast that with Holyrood, where PR helps to make every vote important.

I'll be voting Liberal to get rid of the Tory.

Fantastic reasoning, unfortunately for you the SNP are going nowhere.

Economic competence, mostly. I think they are the best at amanging thr economy, and i think IF (admittedly a big IF) May takes on the mantle of one-nation, centre ground politics, thats the best way for the UK to go.

Lots of reasons...

Othr than indy or brexit (maybe), what is the point of a vote for a party that cant win, and cant be a constructive oppoaition (even if there was an opportunity, which i doubt there will be)?
    So basically your saying that there is no point in voting for the SNP because in Scotland we have a democratic deficit? so lets just vote for the Tories so they can govern WM unopposed because we can't vote for Corbyn can we.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    There, in a nutshell, is the root of the problem with the Westminster system IMO. By that reasoning, it's a 1 or, at most, a 2-horse race. Contrast that with Holyrood, where PR helps to make every vote important.
    Agree, and PR systems are much fairer. Although as we see at Holyrood, with the current commission exploring reform, PR sysyems habe their downsides too.

But, FPTP we have, so i will play within those rules.

Where do you think SNPs voters have came from? your resentment of the SNP it seems won't go away. The problem for you is... either will the SNP.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 15-05-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Testimonial Due
    So basically your saying that there is not point in voting for the SNP because in Scotland we have a democratic deficit? so lets just vote for the Tories so they can govern WM unopposed because we can't vote for Corbyn can we.
    Did i say that? Or are you interpreting my post to suit yourself?

The SNP only stand candidates in around 10% of seats therefore they cannot win.

They could still wield a lot of power in the right circumstances, but not the circulstamces that i think will prevail.

So, what people have to ask themselves os who is best to represent their interests at WM? An SNP MP in a small minority group who are against the government on principle, not on polixy, or a member of the official HM Opposition who can conceivably make a difference, or a member of HM Government?

There is no democratic deficit, my vote and yours count the same as everyone else in the country.

Did i say that? Or are you interpreting my post to suit yourself?

The SNP only stand candidates in around 10% of seats therefore they cannot win.

They could still wield a lot of power in the right circumstances, but not the circulstamces that i think will prevail.

So, what people have to ask themselves os who is best to represent their interests at WM? An SNP MP in a small minority group who are against the government on principle, not on polixy, or a member of the official HM Opposition who can conceivably make a difference, or a member of HM Government?

There is no democratic deficit, my vote and yours count the same as everyone else in the country.
    But surely only if you vote Tory or Labour?

Of course the record of the SNP in power is relevant, it's as good an indication as any of how their words match their actions when they are asking us for their vote whatever parliament they are standing for. I agree they have provided a decent opposition in Westminster and I will be voting for my sitting MP. They are far from perfect though, the constant dismissing of all criticism as SNPBAD is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying I'm not listening.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    But surely only if you vote Tory or Labour?
    What, so if you vote for a party that doesnt win, its a democratic deficit?

The Lib Dems did quite well recently. We are a country of 65m people, if you base your appeal only to 5.5m of them, then you cant win.

By all means blame the system, but it isnt changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Fantastic reasoning, unfortunately for you the SNP are going nowhere.
    Where do you think SNPs voters have came from? your resentment of the SNP it seems won't go away. The problem for you is... either will the SNP.
    You may both be right . I hope not but we shall see

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    What, so if you vote for a party that doesnt win, its a democratic deficit?

The Lib Dems did quite well recently. We are a country of 65m people, if you base your appeal only to 5.5m of them, then you cant win.

By all means blame the system, but it isnt changing anytime soon.

Or indeed ever! While we have a Conservative Government that are the main (only) beneficiaries of the FPTP system. While there are regular debates on PR at Westminster nothing will change without a change of Government, which means voting for any party that supports PR.

As an aside, the SNP could not have got 56 seats under PR
    Last edited by Golden Fleece; 15-05-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dave7062
    An obsession matched only by his apparent ignorance of the SNP position

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    An obsession matched only by his apparent ignorance of the SNP position
    Feel free to correct my ignorance with some facts rather than a nodding head emo