hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think we'll do about 12.5K by start of the season. Anything near or over 13K would be phenomenal but not completely outwith the realms.
    Pure guess but assume 500 to 1000 dont renew but we already know we have 1,000 new sign ups so we should be back to circa 12k. Depending on who we sign that number can only go up. Maybe 13k but Ambrose, Maloney, Henderson and a recognized replacement for Holt should whet the appetite......
    I think we will be surprised by the number of season tickets sold. Part of the feel good I think is from people that know they can't attend regularly but want to contribute to the success on the park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Today's count is 9200. Like on like sales would ensure 12000 is more than achievable. Here's hoping we hit the tipping point where supporters are worrying about guaranteeing a seat for each game and decide to commit to a season ticket.
    I'm very tempted for just that reason, but since I'd probably only make half a dozen games it would be throwing money away.

Instead I'll continue to support Leith Links and have started a monthly payment to HSL, thus benefitting the next generation and supporter ownership.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'm very tempted for just that reason, but since I'd probably only make half a dozen games it would be throwing money away.

Instead I'll continue to support Leith Links and have started a monthly payment to HSL, thus benefitting the next generation and supporter ownership.
    Its not throwing money away though it's donating to the betterment of HFC. However if you prefer supporting in other ways that too is great.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    The last time i had a season ticket was under Fenlon but Stubbs got me hooked and Lennon has continued the theme.

My Grandad was an orphan from Manchester who went on to fight in the 2nd world war as part of the desert rats. He was stationed in Macmerry during the 2nd world war where he met my granny. They had four kids, 3 boys and a girl. He took his boys to watch Hibs, then my Dad had me and took me to the games as a wee laddie, i was mascot for my birthday and i have loved Hibs ever since.

To cut a long story short me and my dad and are getting our first season tickets together next season, i think my dad is keen as he now a pensioner and gets his on the cheap!

Personally i cant wait for the new season and will be great to sit next to my dad as season ticket holders for the first time after all these years supporting the Hibees!!

Good story pal

For the record we will smash past the 12K with absolute ease imo

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Good story pal

For the record we will smash past the 12K with absolute ease imo
    I think so too. Closer to 13K than 12, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think so too. Closer to 13K than 12, I reckon.
    I still think we may be pleasantly surprised if we bring in some biggish names. I'll go for 13,800..........

someone should do a poll on this.........

can someone explain how to do it? I can see the poll option but not sure how to create one.....
    Last edited by houstonhibbee; 14-05-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    The last time i had a season ticket was under Fenlon but Stubbs got me hooked and Lennon has continued the theme.

My Grandad was an orphan from Manchester who went on to fight in the 2nd world war as part of the desert rats. He was stationed in Macmerry during the 2nd world war where he met my granny. They had four kids, 3 boys and a girl. He took his boys to watch Hibs, then my Dad had me and took me to the games as a wee laddie, i was mascot for my birthday and i have loved Hibs ever since.

To cut a long story short me and my dad and are getting our first season tickets together next season, i think my dad is keen as he now a pensioner and gets his on the cheap!

Personally i cant wait for the new season and will be great to sit next to my dad as season ticket holders for the first time after all these years supporting the Hibees!!
    great story about your auld "grunda". I worked with loads of boys in the pit, that were "Micmirry men" and lots were hibbies. I have not renewed yet, but will do and might get my wee grandaughter one too

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Pure guess but assume 500 to 1000 dont renew but we already know we have 1,000 new sign ups so we should be back to circa 12k. Depending on who we sign that number can only go up. Maybe 13k but Ambrose, Maloney, Henderson and a recognized replacement for Holt should whet the appetite......
    I think we will be surprised by the number of season tickets sold. Part of the feel good I think is from people that know they can't attend regularly but want to contribute to the success on the park.
    I bought mine, as at around £30 a month I feel it's great value and want to help build on what we've got going at the club just now, even though I'm currently working overseas. Stubbs and Dempster started something special at Hibs and Lennon has continued that. With the fans backing we've got every chance of pushing the Huns and Aberdeen all the way for 2nd next year. Not saying it will be easy, but if we can add some quality and keep the likes of McGinn and Cummings it should be our aim.

Its not throwing money away though it's donating to the betterment of HFC. However if you prefer supporting in other ways that too is great.
    While the club would be happy for the cash, unless Eyrie has somebody to pass it to when he/she can't make it then it's potentially another fan missing out and an empty seat going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    While the club would be happy for the cash, unless Eyrie has somebody to pass it to when he/she can't make it then it's potentially another fan missing out and an empty seat going to waste.
    I'd rather have the season ticket sales maxed and worry about that problem later
    seats can be resold and we can potentially use half the south for mist games still

Even though I won't I know I won't be able to get to at least half a dozen games I got a ST. I just had to, just had to be part of this and make my contribution to get us back to where we need to be. At games I can't make I will just release my seat for resale for that particular match.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Even though I won't I know I won't be able to get to at least half a dozen games I got a ST. I just had to, just had to be part of this and make my contribution to get us back to where we need to be. At games I can't make I will just release my seat for resale for that particular match.
    I would suspect a lot of season ticket holders at the bigger clubs in England don't make ir
    t to a lot of games

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I'd rather have the season ticket sales maxed and worry about that problem later
    seats can be resold and we can potentially use half the south for mist games still
    Are we really saying that a someone who can only make a handful of games should be buying a season ticket??!

Gamer IDs

I would suspect a lot of season ticket holders at the bigger clubs in England don't make ir
    t to a lot of games
    Yeah but there are sites where they sell their unused tickets back to private buyers. Most don't just take the hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Are we really saying that a someone who can only make a handful of games should be buying a season ticket??!
    The point is we should all want as many season ticker holders as possible. Well I do anyway as it gives us more spending power to improve the team

If fans can do this then yeah of course it's a great thing and helps the club. But if you can't afford this then attending the games as a "walk up fan" is alsso great

I don't think anybody is saying a person should buy a season ticket if they cant attend many games and buying the ticket would make a significant dent in their finances.

But for a number of folk who live a long way from Easter Road, especially down south or abroad, or people whose work commitments prevent them attending Saturday matches, holding a season ticket is their way of supporting the club even if they cant physically do so from the stands and they should be applauded for it ........ there cant be many better ways to cement your Hibby credentials than to pay for games you know you probably cant even attend.

Anybody can call themselves a Hibs 'fan' ....... but the word 'supporter' for me can only be applied to folk willing to put money into the club, be that by attending when they can afford it ( even if its only one game a season ) or by putting their money into the club even if they cant attend by buying a season ticket, joining HSL, buying shares privately, subscribing to Hibs TV, or even spending money in the club shop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing folk who simply cant afford any of these things, I've been there myself and spent a number of seasons back in the day where even one game was a stretch for me financially ..... but to my mind I owe a debt to the folk who spent their money every other Saturday and kept the club going so that when I did eventually have the resources to attend regularly there was still a Hibernian FC around for me to go and watch.

In the same way I'm grateful to these folk who cant attend but who still find ways to put money into the club .... apart from showing their love for Hibs they don't get much of a return and its folk like me who benefit from their money by seeing better players on the park and having better facilities to watch them from.

So to the non attending ST holders ...... I salute you

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't think anybody is saying a person should buy a season ticket if they cant attend many games and buying the ticket would make a significant dent in their finances.

But for a number of folk who live a long way from Easter Road, especially down south or abroad, or people whose work commitments prevent them attending Saturday matches, holding a season ticket is their way of supporting the club even if they cant physically do so from the stands and they should be applauded for it ........ there cant be many better ways to cement your Hibby credentials than to pay for games you know you probably cant even attend.

Anybody can call themselves a Hibs 'fan' ....... but the word 'supporter' for me can only be applied to folk willing to put money into the club, be that by attending when they can afford it ( even if its only one game a season ) or by putting their money into the club even if they cant attend by buying a season ticket, joining HSL, buying shares privately, subscribing to Hibs TV, or even spending money in the club shop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing folk who simply cant afford any of these things, I've been there myself and spent a number of seasons back in the day where even one game was a stretch for me financially ..... but to my mind I owe a debt to the folk who spent their money every other Saturday and kept the club going so that when I did eventually have the resources to attend regularly there was still a Hibernian FC around for me to go and watch.

In the same way I'm grateful to these folk who cant attend but who still find ways to put money into the club .... apart from showing their love for Hibs they don't get much of a return and its folk like me who benefit from their money by seeing better players on the park and having better facilities to watch them from.

So to the non attending ST holders ...... I salute you
    Complaining about folk wanting to buy season tickets really takes the biscuit.....

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I bought one, but I live overseas, so I'll probably only make a handful of games. I'll maybe manage games in August, December, April and the odd weekend. The club always say that the best way to support the manager is to buy a ST. I wanted to do my bit.

Why not? They are doing their bit to help the club out, reserving their seat in the process for when they can make it. If a game is heading for a sell out, they can e-mail the club asking for their seat to be resold to allow more hibees into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I bought one, but I live overseas, so I'll probably only make a handful of games. I'll maybe manage games in August, December, April and the odd weekend. The club always say that the best way to support the manager is to buy a ST. I wanted to do my bit.

Good on you, brilliant way to directly contribute. 👍

Testimonial Due
    Great to hear!

I always miss a fair few games, and in a funny way i feel better missing them knowing i have paid for it so Hibs aremt losing out.

Just always looked at it like my member subs.

I was never making every home game last year, but if you'd told me a decade ago Hibs would be winning the cup and I wouldn't have got a season ticket I'd have thought you were off your rocker.

Last season and this will have been a no-brainer for some regardless of their regular attendance. There's a status and backing to a season ticke that's important, beyond simply managing to make a home game against Ross County on a January midweek.

@hibs.net private member
    I haven't read the whole thread but for me its simple. Every person who wants to buy a season ticket should get one. They are committing for a full home season apart from what the ST discount is (one or two games max)So the number of games they attend is irrelevant. The key to additional income for the Club however is if they can't make a game hand the ticket back to the Club and lets stop seeing empty spaces. I think the Club should be marketing this but they are probably refraining in case it starts a debate on refunds. All Hibbys I know would and have always given their ticket back to the Club free no questions asked. Lets test the water where people who can't make a game can click a button on the eticketing site and put their ST up for sale with all income going to the Club. Win win for me and more money for players. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread but for me its simple. Every person who wants to buy a season ticket should get one. They are committing for a full home season apart from what the ST discount is (one or two games max)So the number of games they attend is irrelevant. The key to additional income for the Club however is if they can't make a game hand the ticket back to the Club and lets stop seeing empty spaces. I think the Club should be marketing this but they are probably refraining in case it starts a debate on refunds. All Hibbys I know would and have always given their ticket back to the Club free no questions asked. Lets test the water where people who can't make a game can click a button on the eticketing site and put their ST up for sale with all income going to the Club. Win win for me and more money for players. GGTTH
    The number of games is very relevant. If I make half a dozen games a season, then either each match has cost me £65 or else I've set fire to £22 on a dozen occasions. Neither makes any sense.

I can put a similar amount of money overall into the club by buying a ticket for those games I can make and supporting both HSL and LL. LL enables kids to see us play and HSL helps the goal of supporter ownership, so both are a worthwhile use of my money even before comparing them to an empty seat.

I tip my hat to those living hundreds or thousands of miles away who buy a season ticket that they know they can't use, but that's not for me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

Complaining about folk wanting to buy season tickets really takes the biscuit.....
    Wasn't complaining! Just find it a strange concept that people are being encouraged to buy a ticket if they can't go to games.

Fair enough it puts money in to the club for which I'm grateful and delighted but there are other ways to do that than buying a season ticket that will be an empty seat most weeks.

I'd rather see actual bums on seats that 'false' sales. But not going to knock anyone if that's what they want to do. I just wouldn't actively encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The number of games is very relevant. If I make half a dozen games a season, then either each match has cost me £65 or else I've set fire to £22 on a dozen occasions. Neither makes any sense.

I can put a similar amount of money overall into the club by buying a ticket for those games I can make and supporting both HSL and LL. LL enables kids to see us play and HSL helps the goal of supporter ownership, so both are a worthwhile use of my money even before comparing them to an empty seat.

I tip my hat to those living hundreds or thousands of miles away who buy a season ticket that they know they can't use, but that's not for me.
    How will you get a ticket for all our cup finals though?

As I live abroad, it's pointless having a Season Ticket so I do my bit by buying them for other people. Although I don't buy any full price Adult Tickets, it's nice to feel I'm making a contribution.

p.s. Don't worry, the Concessions tickets are for people that are entitled to those Concessions. No Adults using kids tickets....

How will you get a ticket for all our cup finals though?
    I can take my chances of getting one in the public sale, or I can watch on TV if I miss out (as happened for 21/05/16).

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Good on you, brilliant way to directly contribute. 👍
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Great to hear!

I always miss a fair few games, and in a funny way i feel better missing them knowing i have paid for it so Hibs aremt losing out.

Just always looked at it like my member subs.

Cheers to both of you I had one before I moved abroad but it just wasn't possible once I moved away, at least to start with. I have now reached a stage where I can afford the extra expense, if I save up for it through the year etc. so it's really exciting to have one again. I subscribe to Hibs TV, so I'll see any games I miss too. Agree with that comment about knowing Hibs aren't missing out.