hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Costa Adeje, Tenerife.

Off to sunny Tenerife next week and have never been before. Staying in Costa Adeje so looking for some top tips and advice, thanks .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off to sunny Tenerife next week and have never been before. Staying in Costa Adeje so looking for some top tips and advice, thanks .
    Heading tbere myself in July for the first time too so look forward to to your feedback and advice.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Can't go wrong, great place no matter what type of holiday you're after. It's a purpose built resort though so no picturesque old town or anything like that. The end nearer La Caleta is really nice and fairly quiet. The other end nearer Playa De Las Americas is a bit more tacky. Lovely coastal walk with plenty bars. You can walk right along to Los Cristianos if you're feeling really energetic!

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Siam Park is the best water park I've ever been to. Worth going for the lazy river alone.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Siam Park is the best water park I've ever been to. Worth going for the lazy river alone.
    Aqualand is also not too shabby and a good deal cheaper as I recall.

El Teide (the volcano) is worth a day trip. At 3 times the height of Ben Nevis the views are spectacular. The landscape is also out of this world with a few science fiction films having been filmed there.

If you're a golfer then Buena vista golf club is a must. A lovely wee course set on the rugged cliffs to the north west.

From Los Christianos you can take a 2 hrs whale spotting trip on a speed boat, even if you don't spot any whales they take a half hour break in crystal clear deep water where you can swim from the boat in a secluded bay surrounded by the huge cliffs.

Be brave and try the local seafood. Fried octopus and squid is out of this world. You can get it either in form of a main course but I prefer it as part of a tapas menu together with other delicacies. Once you've tried it fish n chips will never be the same.

Take a bit of money for clothes shopping too. Tenerife is a tax free haven and there's some good bargains to be had, better still take an empty suitcase.

I was there twice last year and 3 times the year before.

You'll love it, especially if you can enjoy the local highlights and stay away from the tourist traps.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 14-05-2017 at 12:16 PM.

I've always fancied giving Tenerife another go but I'm a bit wary.

Went to Los Christianos a few years back (2006ish I think) and it was just a massive building site at the time. Cranes everywhere, a constant dust in the air and noise all the time. One of the locals told us there was over 25 developments on the go at the time. We were young and ventured into Las Americas a few times which was just full of chavs, prostitutes and guys trying to con you.

Given how popular it is I'm guessing there must be loads of nicer, quieter places but I've never been willing to risk it based on experience and the thought of wasting a lot of money to have a crap time.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Went to Los Christianos a few years back (2006ish I think) and it was just a massive building site at the time. Cranes everywhere, a constant dust in the air and noise all the time. One of the locals told us there was over 25 developments on the go at the time. We were young and ventured into Las Americas a few times which was just full of chavs, prostitutes and guys trying to con you.

Given how popular it is I'm guessing there must be loads of nicer, quieter places but I've never been willing to risk it based on experience and the thought of wasting a lot of money to have a crap time.
    Self catering private accommodation away from the main tourist traps is the way to go. Otherwise you might well end up repeating your previous experience.

Same here, been to both Las Americas and Los Christianos when I was younger and although had a decent time never been back to Tenerife. A few friends have recommended Costa Adeje so going this year to try it with the missus.

Every time I see this advertised on fb I wish I was back there. Been twice and I'd happily go on holidays to Tenerife for Siam Park alone. Absolutely amazing!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

It's changed massively since 2006...been going over 20 years still love the place.
    The area I always go to is mari nostrum resort group of hotels including Mediterranean palace ..cleopatra palace that area is the best ..
    If you don't like hotels there is loads of self catering apartments one to look at for being close to beach and for night time is Visatasur( right on the beach ) If u don't like the beach not for you.
    Look at sunprime coral beach apart hotel both of these always get great reviews.
    Another whi

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would advise using the safe in your hotel room if there is one. I had my Apple Watch and two pairs of trainers stolen from our room last year, and from speaking to a few people in the police station, and people who had been before, it seems quite common. As long as you don't leave anything valuable lying around then you should be fine.

I just got back from there on Sunday, having been over for the second time in 6 months.

I absolutely love the place.

It's quite hard to recommend anything without knowing what you're into - one resort runs into another which runs into another, meaning there is something for just about everyone there.

I've been on lads holidays there 20 years ago and it did the job for me, I've now been on a few quiet couples holidays and it's done likewise.

I like La Caleta, a wee fishing village with about 10 restaurants. You can walk to it along the waterfront if you head away from Las Americas. It won't be your thing if you don't like seafood or if you're looking for a riotous nightlife but we like getting an outdoors table at any of the restaurants along there. There's also a brilliant beach bar on the front as you walk along the seafront from the Adeje area towards La Caleta (just looked it up on google maps - it's called C'queluche beach bar). Lovely place to have a few beers/ cocktails watching the Sun set.

First Team Breakthrough
    Great wee pit stop bar just down from the Isabel Hotel. Ran by a woman from Clydebank married to a Spanish guy. Decent beer and good craik.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Heading tbere myself in July for the first time too so look forward to to your feedback and advice.
    Well I'm here and it's the best part of Tenerife I have been to without a doubt. We are at Fannabe resort, the selection of restaurants right on the front is fantastic, some great menus with good quality food. Went to Caleta last night to an Italian recommended by my boss and it was top notch. Sian Park tomorrow. Took a trip to Los Christianos today, almost unrecognisable from thirty years ago, so many buildings since then.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Well I'm here and it's the best part of Tenerife I have been to without a doubt. We are at Fannabe resort, the selection of restaurants right on the front is fantastic, some great menus with good quality food. Went to Caleta last night to an Italian recommended by my boss and it was top notch. Sian Park tomorrow. Took a trip to Los Christianos today, almost unrecognisable from thirty years ago, so many buildings since then.
    Are the Bobby Moore's still there?

United we stand here....

A couple of good Italians we have found near to you are Antico Caffe (no pizzas) varied and interesting menu and Il Viechio Cucina which does pizzas and fantastic pasta & risotto. If you like Indian I would recommend Indian Flavor which is just up from Antico.

Is the Ibrox Bar still there?Very nice for a cocktail with gracious company.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Is the Ibrox Bar still there?Very nice for a cocktail with gracious company.
    Never saw it but then again that's the last type of place I look for on holiday, right up there with English pubs and restaurants as places I avoid to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    A couple of good Italians we have found near to you are Antico Caffe (no pizzas) varied and interesting menu and Il Viechio Cucina which does pizzas and fantastic pasta & risotto. If you like Indian I would recommend Indian Flavor which is just up from Antico.
    Have seen all of them mate but not tried them. Went to Caleta for a superb Italian and had some great meals on the front upper level.Not had a bad meal all week, averaging about €100 in each restaurant for four of us for dinner.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 11-07-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Never saw it but then again that's the last type of place I look for on holiday, right up there with English pubs and restaurants as places I avoid to be honest.
    Maybe gone.You couldn't miss it.There was a travelling orange clad group giving the Sash laldy outside it when we stumbled on it.

Have seen all of them mate but not tried them. Went to Caleta for a superb Italian and had some great meals on the front upper level.Not had a bad meal all week, averaging about €100 in each restaurant for four of us for dinner.
    What was the name of the restaurant in Caleta mate? Over in a few weeks and we like to try different places each time. As you say, lots of decent restaurants at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Maybe gone.You couldn't miss it.There was a travelling orange clad group giving the Sash laldy outside it when we stumbled on it.
    It is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    What was the name of the restaurant in Caleta mate? Over in a few weeks and we like to try different places each time. As you say, lots of decent restaurants at reasonable prices.
    Rosso Sul Mar, it's not cheap but reasonable in my opinion, I knew that before we went. Spent over €220 for four of us with a couple of bottles of wine, and we did go for it with a couple of higher priced dishes. Seeing as the average spend every other night was around €100, it was well worth it, we like to eat well on holiday as it's all part of it for us.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-07-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Rosso Sul Mar, it's not cheap but reasonable in my opinion, I knew that before we went. Spent over €220 for four of us with a couple of bottles of wine, and we did go for it with a couple of higher priced dishes. Seeing as the average spend every other night was around €100, it was well worth it, we like to eat well on holiday as it's all part of it for us.
    perfect, thank you.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    PM sent
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    PM sent
    Replied mate.

Heading to Costa Adeje next friday for a week. I can't wait to visit Slam Park.

I'm jealous. I'm in Gran Canaria, only got here last night though. Going to the water park one day next week but I don't think any park will live up to Siam Park. I've heard this ones quite good too though.

It's superb, my shoulders and neck don't think so though just now #burnttoacrisp

Been in Adeje since Friday night and loving it.