hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. This is another thing that a lot of the official advice seems to get wrong as well as it suggests you take a warm bath before bed. I suppose they are maybe coming at it from the relaxation angle, but for me the downside from the increase in body temperature outweighs the relaxing benefits of the bath. It always took me longer to get to sleep before my insomnia issues if I had a bath at bedtime. I usually sleep with the window open even at this time of year.
    Matthew Walker covers the bath before bed tip in the podcast. Apparently it does help but not for the reasons people think, once you leave the bath your body reacts to being out the warm environment and into the cold air and it leads to a fairly rapid drop in body temperature which in turn should help sleep.

Its on YouTube and definitely worth a watch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Hypnotherapy

CBD oil of some description? I vape mine a couple of times a week can really help (I get restless legs 😠) I know you can get CBD drops and pills as well if vaping isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    CBD oil of some description? I vape mine a couple of times a week can really help (I get restless legs 😠) I know you can get CBD drops and pills as well if vaping isn't for you.
    Don't take this the wrong way but, get that checked out (restless legs), an ex-friend of mine had that and died in his early 40s. Nae point leaving it to chance, sorry, mean it in the nicest way. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but, get that checked out (restless legs), an ex-friend of mine had that and died in his early 40s. Nae point leaving it to chance, sorry, mean it in the nicest way. 👍
    Definitely not taking it the wrong,much appreciated. It's not a constant thing I get just every now and again.i take a nasal spray during the summer for hayfever which more or less knocks my allergies away but gives me restless legs (it is a side affect of anti histamines)some times it's just to much caffeine etc.Thanks though 👍.

Good mate! 👍

i work nights 9pm - 7am, afternoons 1-11pm and earlies 7am-5pm. my shift pattern is a mix of the above generally grouped together for a few days then a few off. in May we move to 6 on 4 off. 2 day 2 noon 2 night 4 off which will be better but I generally find it hard to sleep early. i have no problem sleeping during the day off nights but I find it hard to sleep at 9pm to get up at 530am for earlies for example.

i duno how to fix that tbh.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I'm pretty typical with my times. I go to bed around 10pm weeknights, get up at 6:30am every morning (unless my daughter suggests I get up earlier...).

My "quirk" is that I can't sleep in a quiet room and I can't sleep in a warm room. Window open and fan going year round, and a white noise (rain) app playing from my laptop or phone through the night.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    I vape but havent tried the CBD version, is it the Loveburgh brand you use ?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    One thing I learned in my previous line of employment was "if you have the chance to sleep, then sleep". If I'm not tired I'll start mentally shutting down areas of the body, starting with the extremities and working in and finally concentrating on just my breathing. Never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Not sleeping well just now. Been struggling switching my brain off, go to bed with it wirring around wake up the same so don't think it stops in between. Seem to sleep through not to bad but it can't be a quality sleep as I wake up tired every morning.

Joys of running my own business I think.
    Try writing your thoughts down before going to bed. Get them out of your head, and allows you to relax that you are not going to forget anything. Better still do this earlier in the evening and it allows you to begin to shut off.

Another tip is think of 3 good thing from your day, you may have helped someone, achieved something unexpected, nice feedback from work etc etc. Helps you to be in a more positive mind-set before drifting off. Easier said than done sometimes mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I vape but havent tried the CBD version, is it the Loveburgh brand you use ?
    Can't off the top of my head remember the brand (bottle is in the house) there will be a few different ones which will be much the same I'd imagine.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    One thing I learned in my previous line of employment was "if you have the chance to sleep, then sleep". If I'm not tired I'll start mentally shutting down areas of the body, starting with the extremities and working in and finally concentrating on just my breathing. Never fails.
    That’s the key for me...breathing exercises.

Learning to slow and control your breathing while ‘blanking’ your mind works a treat...you can literally feel your heart rate slowing and your body slows down.

There is a plenty tips on the web as to what to focus on when doing it if thinking nothing is too hard (as it’s much harder than it sounds!)

And being physically tired while it can help doesn’t really do much if your head is not in the right place so to me it’s more about mental control as you go through the slow down breathing that matters most.

Wear bed socks..... seriously worth a try.
    Hope you get sorted.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’ve started taking CBD oil and it’s helping a bit. Still not getting much sleep but finding it easier to doze for a wee bit with it. Hands down its one of the most vile tasting things I’ve ever consumed though. Up there with the duck foetus in Vietnam.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’ve started taking CBD oil and it’s helping a bit. Still not getting much sleep but finding it easier to doze for a wee bit with it. Hands down its one of the most vile tasting things I’ve ever consumed though. Up there with the duck foetus in Vietnam.
    What kind is it? I’ve tried Loveburgh and it tasted like earth. Not the nicest taste but it wasn’t that bad.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I've always been an 'active' sleeper. Suffered from bouts of nightmares since childhood, still sometimes scream or shout in my sleep, along with lashing out. Have to wear a mouth-guard to prevent tooth grinding. Not pleasant for the wife when I have a bad night.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    What kind is it? I’ve tried Loveburgh and it tasted like earth. Not the nicest taste but it wasn’t that bad.
    Jacob Hooy CBD+ from Holland and Barrett. Extortionate too. No doubt can get something cheaper online.