hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Quinn's?

  1. #1

    Quinn's?

    I'm not London-based, but having had a wee read through some of the London Hibs thread, I just wondered if I'm missing some sort of tongue in cheek reference to Quinn's? The way it's described on here makes it sound a real cut above most matchday boozers, especailly in relation to the way your meet-ups appear to be centred around fine dining. I must say it all sounds very agreeable


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,100
    Quinn's is the finest establishment in the whole City although strangely missing from all the 'good food' guides.

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quinn's is the finest establishment in the whole City although strangely missing from all the 'good food' guides.
    The longer it remains a "hidden secret" the better, the last thing the place needs is party buses full of Man v Food types! :-)

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,100
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The longer it remains a "hidden secret" the better, the last thing the place needs is party buses full of Man v Food types! :-)
    100%. I'm a supporter of the dress code as well, standards must be kept up or it'll be overrun with jeans and grey cotton jogging bottoms!

  6. #5
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,922
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not London-based, but having had a wee read through some of the London Hibs thread, I just wondered if I'm missing some sort of tongue in cheek reference to Quinn's? The way it's described on here makes it sound a real cut above most matchday boozers, especailly in relation to the way your meet-ups appear to be centred around fine dining. I must say it all sounds very agreeable
    There is an element of light insincerity. Apart from the dress code obviously.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,617
    Flights booked for October NFL games. Will bring a dinner jacket.

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,785
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flights booked for October NFL games. Will bring a dinner jacket.
    Thatís the spirit. Glad you didnít suggest a tuxedo!!

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,699
    My only experience of Quinn's was the 2-2 game at Tynie.

    I have to say that it has put me off ever even contemplating setting foot in such low-life places as the Ivy and the Dome ever again. The ambience and cordon bleu catering are simply nonpareil.

    However, I am probably barred now, given that I was unable to prevent my son from dancing down the bar when Hanlon scored.



    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,100
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    However, I am probably barred now, given that I was unable to prevent my son from dancing down the bar when Hanlon scored.



    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Yes they certainly do take a dim view of such behaviour.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they certainly do take a dim view of such behaviour.
    They took my sausage rolls.... I mean my truffles...away from me and marched me out.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,100
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They took my sausage rolls.... I mean my truffles...away from me and marched me out.

    Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    And so they should have!!

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,023
    Has "Pierre @ Quinns" reopened after the Sushi Bar/Japanese Garden Courtyard Upgrade?

    I was thinking about donning the Glad Rags and pushing the boat out for the Hertz game (assuming Greater Anglia have resumed their full evening services). There is even an outside chance that they have replaced the regular Replacement Bus Service with trains at the weekend, so could attend the Huns game too.

    I have to say, that between the Rail Issues and the refurb at Quinns, my weekends have been been ruined.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has "Pierre @ Quinns" reopened after the Sushi Bar/Japanese Garden Courtyard Upgrade?

    I was thinking about donning the Glad Rags and pushing the boat out for the Hertz game (assuming Greater Anglia have resumed their full evening services). There is even an outside chance that they have replaced the regular Replacement Bus Service with trains at the weekend, so could attend the Huns game too.

    I have to say, that between the Rail Issues and the refurb at Quinns, my weekends have been been ruined.
    Where do you travel from? Been stuck a couple of times on the London to Cambridge line. Bus replacements are torture if you need a single fish!

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you travel from? Been stuck a couple of times on the London to Cambridge line. Bus replacements are torture if you need a single fish!
    Billericay on the Southend line. Since January it has been closing at 9:35pm Monday to Thursday and bloody buses EVERY weekend. I can't get anywhere to worry about needing a waz!

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billericay on the Southend line. Since January it has been closing at 9:35pm Monday to Thursday and bloody buses EVERY weekend. I can't get anywhere to worry about needing a waz!
    Aha, I know you! Been a while mate hope you are well.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aha, I know you! Been a while mate hope you are well.
    It has been a while. Much better these days, doing well. Yourself?

    So what is the current SP on Quinns? Is it still shut?

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has been a while. Much better these days, doing well. Yourself?

    So what is the current SP on Quinns? Is it still shut?
    Not sure, moved out of London a while ago and haven't heard from G in a while. Obviously with Mr Quinn's passing a change was going to happen but not sure if Vinnie is running it now or not.. I'll try and get in touch with G maybe have a meet up again. Will contact you by pm or FB although I'm not on it anymore I can still message.

  19. #18
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    851
    Quinnís definitely reopened. Was there for the Hibs v Celtc game.

  20. #19
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    851
    Quinnís definitely reopened. Was there for the Hibs v Celtc game.

  21. #20
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,124
    Will it be showing JTs game,,
    ?

  22. #21
    Testimonial Due Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London and Edinburgh
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The longer it remains a "hidden secret" the better, the last thing the place needs is party buses full of Man v Food types! :-)
    Certainly is becoming more of a secret - last time I was in for the Hibs Huns game (where they robbed us) there were about five folk in! Used to be ten times that.
    Last edited by Baader; 04-05-2018 at 07:11 PM.

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff Iain G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,486
    Are they showing the game tonight, or is Wednesday night Opera and Oyster night? Last time I went to see a game I ended up with a lovely plate of gravalax and watched a fascinating modern interpretation of Turandot

  24. #23
    Jambo Kickback's Flump of the Year 2008 Sergey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Father Noel Furlong
    Posts
    9,844
    The match is on at Quinn's tonight in what was the Piano Bar. The refurbishment is still ongoing and should be completed by mid-July.

    The advice is to enter from the side entrance (Hawley Rd) and due to the ongoing construction work, dress policy is relaxed for the two forthcoming matches. No food being served as the kitchen is closed.

    Hope to see a few faces a bit later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,042
    Is this Quinnís in Camden?

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this Quinnís in Camden?
    Yes.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex (the nice bit)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The match is on at Quinn's tonight in what was the Piano Bar. The refurbishment is still ongoing and should be completed by mid-July.

    The advice is to enter from the side entrance (Hawley Rd) and due to the ongoing construction work, dress policy is relaxed for the two forthcoming matches. No food being served as the kitchen is closed.

    Hope to see a few faces a bit later.
    When you say relaxed, does that mean mufti and no tie?

  28. #27
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,056
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say relaxed, does that mean mufti and no tie?
    If you err on the formal side re attire you will be right at home in the cosmpolitan environs of Quinns.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Calvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stoke Newington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,860
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Excellent news, looking forward to my evening here; and what a treat to go smart casual.

  30. #29
    Coaching Staff Haymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatham, NJ, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent news, looking forward to my evening here; and what a treat to go smart casual.
    Disgrace more like!!

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,617
    Sadly, my wife opted for Zuma over Quinn's.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved