hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Fans reps - where's the new communication approach ?

I hesitate writing this, as it could end up just being a gripe thread ..but where is the improved communications promised by the successful fans reps? Other than a couple of updates on here post their successful election - I can't recall seeing anything ?

Please feel free to correct me if I have missed the communications..happy to be pointed elsewhere if there is somewhere else to read ...

if not , can we see the real change that was committed to - regular dialogue and updates across the different Hibs fan communities.

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hesitate writing this, as it could end up just being a gripe thread ..but where is the improved communications promised by the successful fans reps? Other than a couple of updates on here post their successful election - I can't recall seeing anything ?

Please feel free to correct me if I have missed the communications..happy to be pointed elsewhere if there is somewhere else to read ...

if not , can we see the real change that was committed to - regular dialogue and updates across the different Hibs fan communities.

Cheers
    Maybe there's nothing to tell. What is it you want to know?

Communicate. Communicate Communicate Charleen was big on that issue but she didn't get elected
    Season end mate so wouldn't be expecting a lot of activity but since it was such a big issue among fans, i agree i haven't seen anything posted for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Maybe there's nothing to tell. What is it you want to know?
    That's not really the point ..the fans reps role is to represent the voice of the fans to the club and the club back to the fans ..both acknowledged that hadn't worked well enough in the last two years, and committed to connect more regularly with updates and dialogue ...I've not seen anything in the last couple of months (may have missed it) - so I'm simply nudging them to do it better this time ...as they committed to

Think it would be a good thing ...

@hibs.net private member
    That's not really the point ..the fans reps role is to represent the voice of the fans to the club and the club back to the fans ..both acknowledged that hadn't worked well enough in the last two years, and committed to connect more regularly with updates and dialogue ...I've not seen anything in the last couple of months (may have missed it) - so I'm simply nudging them to do it better this time ...as they committed to

Think it would be a good thing ...
    I agree it would be a good thing as that's what was promised but I would personally like to hear something that is worth hearing about rather than comms just being put out for the sake of it.

If there's nothing to share then there's nothing to share

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Hasn't Tracy responded to quite a few threads on behalf of her and Frank?

Yes she has Callum. 🖒

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Hasn't Tracy responded to quite a few threads on behalf of her and Frank?
    That's good news - Might have missed them Callum - don't think I know either of their usernames ...

That's good news - Might have missed them Callum - don't think I know either of their usernames ...
    TraceyHibs and I'm not sure what Frank's is.

First Team Breakthrough

Cheers
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post. As the comment below has said there hasn't really been anything as such to update on.

I have been on and replied directly and on here regarding ESA Season Tickets, Behind the Goals and also with regards to a post that had been shared about how as a club we can make the match day experience more enjoyable for kids with autism and their parents/careers. Some times Frank and I are contacted directly and these things are dealt as and when they arise.

Moving forward the Working Together meetings minutes will be posted on the Clubs Website to ensure that those who can't attend can see what's being discussed and a reminder that it's open to all supporters.

What we will do is at the end of this month once I have attended my second board meeting we can put up an update on how the first couple of months has gone and the types of issues we have been dealing with.

Still early days in this role but lucky to have Frank who has done the role for the past 2 years to be able to seek guidance on things and we practically talk every day.

What we don't want to do is bore you each month with nothing updates.

Hope that helps and confirms that we are on the forums and dealing with issues as and when they arise.

If you have anything you would like to discuss feel free to contact us on tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk or fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

Tracey & Frank

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers Tracey. I think a regular blog/update would be a good addition. I'd suggest every couple of months would be decent, at worst a quarterly update with achievements in this quarter, plans for the next quarter etc.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Cheers Tracey. I think a regular blog/update would be a good addition. I'd suggest every couple of months would be decent, at worst a quarterly update with achievements in this quarter, plans for the next quarter etc.
    Totally agree. Makes more sense as more to bring back to you all.

We are looking at a lot of different options with the club as well to improve communication because we want to get it right this time.

Also looking at a surgery every home game for the new season so if anyone has any issues they can discuss face to face.

We will make it better.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Totally agree. Makes more sense as more to bring back to you all.

We are looking at a lot of different options with the club as well to improve communication because we want to get it right this time.

Also looking at a surgery every home game for the new season so if anyone has any issues they can discuss face to face.

We will make it better.

I would say quarterly is to big a gap, monthly or even every 2nd month, depending on time of year.

Two BIG issues for me that could/should be raised, and NOW is the perfect time to do it, close season.

The public address system is diabolical (either that or the announcer is) and is need of immediate attention. West Stand Upper (towards the FFS) is just incredible, can't make out a single word that is being said and is seriously a H&S issue. Despite the fact it brought up several times during a season, the club seem to want to turn a deaf ear to this problem.

Secondly, would it be too big an ask to get hot water piped in to the toilets? Even that midden in Grogie can manage this. It is absolutely murder polis going to the loo on a freezing cold, middle of winter game, only to be hit by even colder water coming out the taps after washing your hands. I'm sure yourself and everyone else has experienced this at some point and is just unacceptable in this day and age.
    I realise attending to these things is a drain on an already tight budget, but it should be a 'one off' expenditure.

If you feel like minded, I would be delighted to have these points raised at your next meeting, and obviously a response on the boards thoughts on them.

Thanks Tracey.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post. As the comment below has said there hasn't really been anything as such to update on.

I have been on and replied directly and on here regarding ESA Season Tickets, Behind the Goals and also with regards to a post that had been shared about how as a club we can make the match day experience more enjoyable for kids with autism and their parents/careers. Some times Frank and I are contacted directly and these things are dealt as and when they arise.

Moving forward the Working Together meetings minutes will be posted on the Clubs Website to ensure that those who can't attend can see what's being discussed and a reminder that it's open to all supporters.

What we will do is at the end of this month once I have attended my second board meeting we can put up an update on how the first couple of months has gone and the types of issues we have been dealing with.

Still early days in this role but lucky to have Frank who has done the role for the past 2 years to be able to seek guidance on things and we practically talk every day.

Hope that helps and confirms that we are on the forums and dealing with issues as and when they arise.

If you have anything you would like to discuss feel free to contact us on tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk or fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

Tracey & Frank

Hi Tracey, and thanks for that.

One thing that maybe people need clarified (me included ) is how often the Board meet, and whether this changes during the close season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I would say quarterly is to big a gap, monthly or even every 2nd month, depending on time of year.

Two BIG issues for me that could/should be raised, and NOW is the perfect time to do it, close season.

The public address system is diabolical (either that or the announcer is) and is need of immediate attention. West Stand Upper (towards the FFS) is just incredible, can't make out a single word that is being said and is seriously a H&S issue. Despite the fact it brought up several times during a season, the club seem to want to turn a deaf ear to this problem.

Secondly, would it be too big an ask to get hot water piped in to the toilets? Even that midden in Grogie can manage this. It is absolutely murder polis going to the loo on a freezing cold, middle of winter game, only to be hit by even colder water coming out the taps after washing your hands. I'm sure yourself and everyone else has experienced this at some point and is just unacceptable in this day and age.
    I realise attending to these things is a drain on an already tight budget, but it should be a 'one off' expenditure.

If you feel like minded, I would be delighted to have these points raised at your next meeting, and obviously a response on the boards thoughts on them.

Thanks Tracey.
    Hi there,

Both the sound system and hot water have been brought up at the Working Together meetings and the club are aware of these.

Can I ask if you can hear the safety announcements as most I've spoken with have said they can hear those but no music or Barrie the announcer.

Promotion was clearly the number one priority and will discuss these items again at the next Working Together Meeting which takes place on the 29th May. I will come back to you.

Thanks for raising them.

Tracey

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Hi Tracey, and thanks for that.

One thing that maybe people need clarified (me included ) is how often the Board meet, and whether this changes during the close season.
    Hi,

The board meets once per month and sometimes things occur where it needs to be rescheduled. This stays the same during the close season.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Tracey

Both reps are doing a good job but fans expectations of them can be unrealistic.
    They are not paid for what they do and therefore can't be expected to be dealing with Hibs related business all day every day.
    Given the speed with which Tracey has become involved in issues brought up on Hibs.net I would reason that she puts in a fair amount of work into monitoring the forums and getting involved when she can help.
    Compare the bad old days of Duff and Gray to now where we can all be as connected with the club as we have the time and appetite for.
    In the almost 50 years I have supported the club the fans have never been more involved and the club has never been more open. We are financially stable and have modern facilities for the first time. We even have two fans on the board and the supporters own a big chunk of the club.
    Going back to the reps, the role is developing and we have two people with our interests and the clubs interests at heart.
    Everything is moving in the right direction. Slowly, slowly catch the monkey.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey & Frank

Tracey, from what I've seen you're doing fine so far.

You've acted on 2 or 3 issues so far that fall into your remit (or what I take to be your remit).

If you see fit to put up a mega post once a month that's up to you, but keeping an eye on the forums and stepping in when need be works too. This is obviously in addition to communicating directly with people face to face or by email, which I'm sure you're doing a fait bit.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Hi there,

Both the sound system and hot water have been brought up at the Working Together meetings and the club are aware of these.

Can I ask if you can hear the safety announcements as most I've spoken with have said they can hear those but no music or Barrie the announcer.

Promotion was clearly the number one priority and will discuss these items again at the next Working Together Meeting which takes place on the 29th May. I will come back to you.

Thanks for raising them.

Tracey

I'll stick my tuppence worth in here if you don't mind. The safety announcements are not clear at all from where I sit (Section 38). I can make out a few things but it tends to come across as a jumble of words rather than anything coherent. If the club needed to make an emergency announcement I doubt I would be able to understand it if it was any more than a few words.

I thought the speakers used by the stadium announcer at the St Mirren game where great and clear, but I was only about 20 yards from the speakers. Weirdly the safety announcements at the game were put through the tannoy which made them inaudible.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due
    At the risk of sounding like a moan (!) Was i the only person annoyed at the DJ choosing such awful tunes for the post match celebrations?

He played that stupid wimpy advert song twice, and the cringey Queen we are the champions (winning the second tier doesnt make us champions).

Its really not hard, there are loads of hibs songs he couls have played. Total bland, corporate pish imo.

Apologies for the rant!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Tracey, from what I've seen you're doing fine so far.

You've acted on 2 or 3 issues so far that fall into your remit (or what I take to be your remit).

If you see fit to put up a mega post once a month that's up to you, but keeping an eye on the forums and stepping in when need be works too. This is obviously in addition to communicating directly with people face to face or by email, which I'm sure you're doing a fait bit.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Thank you

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I'll stick my tuppence worth in here if you don't mind. The safety announcements are not clear at all from where I sit (Section 38). I can make out a few things but it tends to come across as a jumble of words rather than anything coherent. If the club needed to make an emergency announcement I doubt I would be able to understand it if it was any more than a few words.

I thought the speakers used by the stadium announcer at the St Mirren game where great and clear, but I was only about 20 yards from the speakers. Weirdly the safety announcements at the game were put through the tannoy which made them inaudible.
    Thanks for your feedback Vince and will certainly be taking this back to the club. All of this is really helpful. Thanks

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a moan (!) Was i the only person annoyed at the DJ choosing such awful tunes for the post match celebrations?

He played that stupid wimpy advert song twice, and the cringey Queen we are the champions (winning the second tier doesnt make us champions).

Its really not hard, there are loads of hibs songs he couls have played. Total bland, corporate pish imo.

Apologies for the rant!
    What songs would you have liked to have heard and what would like to hear moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

Apologies for the rant!
    Don't think music played after winning the league will be an issue that rears it head again anytime soon.
    However, if they were to win it next season Neil Lennon singing & dancing to "Promised You A Miracle" would fit the bill

@hibs.net private member
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey & Frank

Tracey,

Thanks for such a quick reply. Appreciated. Sounds like your are getting actively engaged in some topics - so great news...

I think some regular updates are a great idea..would welcome them.

I guess a key part of my original point was not just about updates - but also to encourage you to use this (and other mediums) to stimulate input from fans - as it will be brilliant to have an effective two way dialogue happening on all sorts of topics...

seems to be already happening....

Good luck! and thanks again

First Team Breakthrough
    Tracey,

Thanks for such a quick reply. Appreciated. Sounds like your are getting actively engaged in some topics - so great news...

I think some regular updates are a great idea..would welcome them.

I guess a key part of my original point was not just about updates - but also to encourage you to use this (and other mediums) to stimulate input from fans - as it will be brilliant to have an effective two way dialogue happening on all sorts of topics...

seems to be already happening....

Good luck! and thanks again
    Thank you.

We are your voice so if you feel something isn't happening then it's good to get feedback from you all.

Thanks again

Tracey

Its early days and so far I would say the fans reps, certainly Tracey, have already posted more comments on here than were posted in the two years prior to the latest election.

I wee concern from me that could be put to the board is over my favourite moan of the moment 'behind the Goals' ...... Its not so much about lack of communication as it is about what appears to have been a lack of forward planning by the club, though that impression may be as a result of a lack of communication.

The plan by the club to find a different use for what was the fans bar must have been on the agenda for some time before the deal with the NHS was struck ..... From the moment that became something the club were looking at surely they must have been aware that many fans would be concerned at the loss of the bar, which if not used much during the week was certainly popular on match days.

In view of that its surprising to me that the club didn't appear to have a strategy in place as to what they were going to do when it became clear BTG was going to close, and more to the point a clear strategy that could be communicated to the fans. As things stand its all ifs, buts and maybes ....... There might be a temporary solution in place for next season. The club are considering a possible permanent replacement, etc

At the end of the day it is the boards responsibility to maximise income for the club and from that perspective I don't have a problem with them accepting a 'too good to turn down' offer from the NHS for the innards of the FF stand. But having said that, I have the impression rightly or wrongly that very little thought or consideration was given to how this process would affect the fans or what their reaction to it would be.

As I've said before, the whole mantra from the club regarding community engagement was to bring Hibs and the good people of Leith and Edinburgh closer together by making our underused resources available for community projects .... but what was not proposed as part of that was facilities used by fans on a Saturday and popular with them being closed and given over in their entirety to community projects, even if they do generate income, which is what has happened here.

It seems to me that what began as a laudable attempt by the club to strengthen its ties with the non football supporting general community in the hope of pricking folks interest in the club as a side effect has become a bit of a runaway train, where Hibs are in danger of forgetting the one community they must concentrate on first and foremost, that being the community of Hibs supporters.

By having a 'relatively' cheap and cheerful bar within the stadium where the ordinary fans could go on a Saturday the connection between the club and the supporters was strengthened ..... What's the point of working so hard to strengthen ties with the overall community when the effect of it is to weaken the connection between the club and its own supporters?

Tracey ?

Sorry .......... ............ But I think this is important and could point to something that if not questioned now could become a bigger issue than just the loss of a bar.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its early days and so far I would say the fans reps, certainly Tracey, have already posted more comments on here than were posted in the two years prior to the latest election.

I wee concern from me that could be put to the board is over my favourite moan of the moment 'behind the Goals' ...... Its not so much about lack of communication as it is about what appears to have been a lack of forward planning by the club, though that impression may be as a result of a lack of communication.

The plan by the club to find a different use for what was the fans bar must have been on the agenda for some time before the deal with the NHS was struck ..... From the moment that became something the club were looking at surely they must have been aware that many fans would be concerned at the loss of the bar, which if not used much during the week was certainly popular on match days.

In view of that its surprising to me that the club didn't appear to have a strategy in place as to what they were going to do when it became clear BTG was going to close, and more to the point a clear strategy that could be communicated to the fans. As things stand its all ifs, buts and maybes ....... There might be a temporary solution in place for next season. The club are considering a possible permanent replacement, etc

At the end of the day it is the boards responsibility to maximise income for the club and from that perspective I don't have a problem with them accepting a 'too good to turn down' offer from the NHS for the innards of the FF stand. But having said that, I have the impression rightly or wrongly that very little thought or consideration was given to how this process would affect the fans or what their reaction to it would be.

As I've said before, the whole mantra from the club regarding community engagement was to bring Hibs and the good people of Leith and Edinburgh closer together by making our underused resources available for community projects .... but what was not proposed as part of that was facilities used by fans on a Saturday and popular with them being closed and given over in their entirety to community projects, even if they do generate income, which is what has happened here.

It seems to me that what began as a laudable attempt by the club to strengthen its ties with the non football supporting general community in the hope of pricking folks interest in the club as a side effect has become a bit of a runaway train, where Hibs are in danger of forgetting the one community they must concentrate on first and foremost, that being the community of Hibs supporters.

By having a 'relatively' cheap and cheerful bar within the stadium where the ordinary fans could go on a Saturday the connection between the club and the supporters was strengthened ..... What's the point of working so hard to strengthen ties with the overall community when the effect of it is to weaken the connection between the club and its own supporters?

Tracey ?

Sorry .......... ............ But I think this is important and could point to something that if not questioned now could become a bigger issue than just the loss of a bar.
    Hi there,

There will be something in place for the new season and more likely a temporary solution. Plans have been drawn up but until planning permissions and structural and licensing issues are confirmed and in place we can't make any announcement as to what these solutions will be.

It was brought up again at the Working Together meeting that announcing it without a solution probably wasn't the best. The club took that point on board. Unfortunately because we had to let ST holders know about the lift the announcement had to be made when it was.

I loved BTG and went their my kids so will definitely be keeping you posted on progress with this. The club know how important it is for the Supporters.

Will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey has responded to myself directly on a couple of issues which have since been resolved so no complaints from me.

I'm always impressed seeing Frank out and about at ER as well so again no issues.

Both doing well imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks for raising them.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

This is already a full time job for you eh!

Can't say I have ever noticed a problem with the security announcements, although it might be because I am not in on time to even hear them. The announcer is a different ball game, he could be talking Russian for all I can make out. Ask Leeann to sit in the West Upper North for a game (or even just at half time) and then let her tell it is fine