hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HiBremian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're living in a rural backwater with a high FN vote - but you never meet people who openly say they support Le Pen. The doc who came to our place last night said the same, except sometimes he hears his patients in the waiting room spouting racism to each other.

On the other hand, the big cities like Paris had a very low FN vote. So can't really say what people here think in terms of her chances next time, other than if Macron cocks up. One interesting comment I've heard a few times over the last few days was that her performance in Wednesday's debate was awful. She was supposed to try to look presidential, but let her mask slip at various points. Apperently Le Pen is thinking of a change of name for the FN to make it sound more moderate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Interesting stuff about the name change. This is exactly what I was thinking, there's a bigger picture in the future kind of thing.. you know.
    The next few years in France shall be very fascinating to watch from afar.

I spent a year in rurual France and truly had my eyes opened.. The people are very open with their views to say the least!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting stuff about the name change. This is exactly what I was thinking, there's a bigger picture in the future kind of thing.. you know.
    The next few years in France shall be very fascinating to watch from afar.

I spent a year in rurual France and truly had my eyes opened.. The people are very open with their views to say the least!!
    You're right. So many people we know here, all love to talk, politics included. Which is why it's so odd never hearing FN-type views. By the way, we get to Norway every once in a while - the wife's got a cousin in Stokke. Love the place, other than the cost of everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk