hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Whittaker wants to come back to Scotland. Essentially that puts 4 teams in the equation; Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen & The Rangers. 2 clubs reportedly interested, one offers £3k and the other to beat that offer more than doubles it?!

Why not just offer £5k in the knowledge Hibs would never stretch that far, particularly for a 33yr old. Either folk are just making up figures or it's Kevin Kyle all over again and The Rangers haven't learned their lessons.
    Maybe the player wants to finish his career at Hibs, as others have suggested, and the wage hike is necessary for them to get him? And they are fine with it because a player of his ability would usually cost more than 8k per week. Who knows?

Might be rubbish, might not be. Hopefully it is and we'll see him here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    He laughed cos he was probably being realistic, but what does he know when you're always right?
    1st place is unrealistic, and i also dont think we will make 2nd place, but with the right signings we could challenge Aberdeen for 2nd place.

Would you say thats unrealistic, or are you just being a dick for the sake of it?

He's not signed up with The Rangers, but he has been offered 8k and he'll be in Scotland next season. That'll be that I think. Still SDG will do me

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    1st place is unrealistic, and i also dont think we will make 2nd place, but with the right signings we could challenge Aberdeen for 2nd place.

Would you say thats unrealistic, or are you just being a dick for the sake of it?
    With the right signings we could challenge Celtic for first place but that is unrealistic as is challenging for second place next season, simply because there would have to be a bigger investment needed than we would be able to make without losing any of our main assets Not saying that we couldn't have a squad who could beat anyone on its day but it is about consistency in a league campaign. If disagreeing with you makes me a dick then I'm a dick but you saying that kinda proves my point.

With the right signings we could challenge Celtic for first place but that is unrealistic as is challenging for second place next season, simply because there would have to be a bigger investment needed than we would be able to make without losing any of our main assets Not saying that we couldn't have a squad who could beat anyone on its day but it is about consistency in a league campaign. If disagreeing with you makes me a dick then I'm a dick but you saying that kinda proves my point.
    If you cant see the difference in the kind of signings we'd need to challenge Celtic and Aberdeen, then i'd laugh too.

If you cant see the difference in the kind of signings we'd need to challenge Celtic and Aberdeen, then i'd laugh too.
    I can. Point is it is unrealistic/unlikely that we will make the necessary amount of quality signings to challenge either

First Team Breakthrough
    You'll need 17 new signings to challenge Celtic you absolute dreamer haha

Quote Originally Posted by anon1875 View Post
    Who thinks we can challenge Celtic?

Who thinks we can challenge Celtic?
    I expect us to challenge Celtc over 90 minutes. I don't expect us to challenge them over 38 games.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I expect us to challenge Celtc over 90 minutes. I don't expect us to challenge them over 38 games.
    Yip, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by anon1875 View Post
    Which would be UNREALISTIC.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    No need to shout!
    I would take to your point tbf. Would be surprised if we go straight to challenging for second. Even when we came up with Sauzee and Latapy we only came sixth the first year back

17 players is only 2 signing windows if we adopt our poor neighbours strategy.

Be disappointed if anyone connected with this club thought Aberdeen are too far above us to challenge. They are ok, but nothing special.

Of course, all comes down to who we have next season but I am hoping Lennon comes up with a couple of exciting additions to the squad.

I think we can challenge every team on a one on one which our cup runs have shown however that doesn't mean at the first time of asking we will have the necessary consistency over the season

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    17 players is only 2 signing windows if we adopt our poor neighbours strategy.

Be disappointed if anyone connected with this club thought Aberdeen are too far above us to challenge. They are ok, but nothing special.

Of course, all comes down to who we have next season but I am hoping Lennon comes up with a couple of exciting additions to the squad.

Dons will be losing a few players soon, Jack and possibly Hayes. That's maybe why they wanted Maloney.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I think we can challenge every team on a one on one which our cup runs have shown however that doesn't mean at the first time of asking we will have the necessary consistency over the season
    Does not mean we definitely won't have the necessary consistency. As many others on here have stressed, IF (Sorry BH for shouting) we strengthen and improve our squad then I don't really see what difference the first year or second year makes at all. It is all about who leaves and who we get in.

Indeed, maybe the first year back in the top flight results in a 'bounce'. Hearts second year has not been an improvement. Hamiltons best year in the top flight I think was their first year up. Possibly even Dundees. I am too lazy to check but regardless it is all about what happens with the squad. If we improve we should not limit ourselves to consolidating top flight status or just scraping a top 6 finish. But, if for any reason the players we would all like to see to come in do not then we might have to temper our enthusiasm.

I just feel optimistic that good things are going to happen. Great season ticket sales, a manager who I think will thrive in that division, a new and upbeat stewardship of the club. Some settled players like McGregor, Stevenson, Gray, Bartley.

Bring it on

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Whittaker is pretty much done and dusted.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Excellent news.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aren’t we just waiting on his contract to expire?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Aren’t we just waiting on his contract to expire?
    Probably a factor, but terms would still need to be agreed. Good news if true!

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    I wouldn't be too unhappy if he signed but I don't see where he would fit in or see him as a priority. I would rather we got a couple of strikers in first.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Aye, but to which team ?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

McInnes is staying but he's lost quite a few key players this summer.

It's all to play for and Lennon isn't being shy about his ambition.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post
    I wouldn't be too unhappy if he signed but I don't see where he would fit in or see him as a priority. I would rather we got a couple of strikers in first.
    Right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    1st is achievable and would be classed as a Leicester type miracle. 2nd would be less of a miracle but still amazing.
    It's really not. Second is though! But being honest jumping up a league it's about staying up (which we will) then we'll aim too six (which we'll get) then it's just about doing what we can from there.

I'm looking forward to it though that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    It's really not. Second is though! But being honest jumping up a league it's about staying up (which we will) then we'll aim too six (which we'll get) then it's just about doing what we can from there.

I'm looking forward to it though that's for sure.
    Finishing above the yams is very important as well as maintaining our unbeaten run against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Finishing above the yams is very important as well as maintaining our unbeaten run against them.

maintaining and extending our domination over them is a priority

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    2nd is the goal but difficult to achieve, I think top 4 should be achievable, not withstanding any serious injury crisis. I know we've just come up but we've argued we've had a better squad than most SPFL teams for a few seasons now and there aren't many players from those other teams I'd take in place of those in our squad.

Obviously we're light on numbers just now but there are signings still to come, that's a certainty. The quality of those will give us a realistic idea of where in the top 6 we should be looking to finish. Agree that above Hearts is a must, ideally above Rangers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Yep, couldn't agree more. 👍🏼