hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Contracts

Contracts

Been thinking about this the last few days and I don't know if we should be alarmed, content, annoyed, surprised or whatever that we have a hell of a lot of players yet to commit themselves to the future at the club. Part of me is fine with it but there's another part that's saying I'd expect players to have committed by now given disxusssions started in December time.

I honestly expected a drip feed of signings by now but nothing so far. Is it player power holding out for better deals collectively, I have no idea it could be anything. I know hibs have said they are relaxed about it but I'm personally not, no disrespect but there are players in the squad that I'd have thought would have bit their hand off to be part of a premiership hibs team but no seen as much so far. I know there are so many variables etc but I'm genuinely at the stage where I am a bit nervous.

Club should force their hand and get a decision either way to allow us to plan more effectively if players are to move on.

Even with the Forster captain which is probably nothing but when your club captain and other more suitable candidates are in the team but are thus said out of contract I wonder if this is Lennon sending out a message, as I said maybe not but maybe so also.

Anyway get them contracts signed ya money grabbing bassas 😜

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been thinking about this the last few days and I don't know if we should be alarmed, content, annoyed, surprised or whatever that we have a hell of a lot of players yet to commit themselves to the future at the club. Part of me is fine with it but there's another part that's saying I'd expect players to have committed by now given disxusssions started in December time.

I honestly expected a drip feed of signings by now but nothing so far. Is it player power holding out for better deals collectively, I have no idea it could be anything. I know hibs have said they are relaxed about it but I'm personally not, no disrespect but there are players in the squad that I'd have thought would have bit their hand off to be part of a premiership hibs team but no seen as much so far. I know there are so many variables etc but I'm genuinely at the stage where I am a bit nervous.

Club should force their hand and get a decision either way to allow us to plan more effectively if players are to move on.

Even with the Forster captain which is probably nothing but when your club captain and other more suitable candidates are in the team but are thus said out of contract I wonder if this is Lennon sending out a message, as I said maybe not but maybe so also.

Anyway get them contracts signed ya money grabbing bassas 😜
    I think we'll be fine. I seem to remember the last couple of summers a few of the out of contract players didn't re-sign until a couple of weeks after the season has ended.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    A bit of change will be good but think about where are the out of contract players going to go nowhere in Scotland will pay more and no there club will be better to be at

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    A bit of change will be good but think about where are the out of contract players going to go. no club outside the old firm in Scotland will pay more and no other clubs can match our atmosphere

@hibs.net private member
    The players out of contracts will generally struggle to get bigger clubs. Lennon has said that most were already on decent money. But if we were to reverse your argument and ask how many have signed for other clubs? I'm confident that we will keep the ones Lenny wants and bring in others to supplement the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

Anyway get them contracts signed ya money grabbing bassas
    Smaxxa, I seem to remember you having some contacts or friends with contacts at the club, is that still the case or have I got you missed up with someone else?

If you still do, do you know if there are players that Hibs don't want to keep or if there are players that are looking at others offers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the OP am.a wee bit nervous about this tbh...I thought the likes of McGregor, Stevenson, Boyle and Gray in particular would have signed in the dotted line straight away...but lennon seems relaxed about it so I guess in him and LD we trust

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not too worried about this... We really need to move 6-7 of the squad on anyway. To allow a couple of the youngsters to get more game time, and to allow us to bring in some more quality...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk